Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

What else should I tell him?

You think $130 shipped is a steal homie? The box won't have carpet though.....

I was talking to that robin dude on car audio, and he was talking about $240.

And a lot of local places were talking WELL OVER $300... I think the box without carpet is a good enough sacrifice to get it for $130. 
laugh.gif

Boxes are like tattoos

you don't go to the place that charges the cheapest price, you go to the place that does the best work.

ported boxes ain't simple to build

i'd only trust someone local wit a sealed box since those are pretty hard to get wrong.

I was looking at son's custom box portfolio on car audio, and they came out nice.

If the carpet makes that big of a price difference, then imma do without it. lol

mad.gif
my system keeps cuttin off when i turn it up to what i normally put it up at, it didnt do it at first and it just started doing it a few days ago what should i do?

EDIT: i dont have my capacitor hooked up yet either if that matters

Get a battery and do the big 3

the cap is useless..don't install it.

also, take it to a shop(not best buy) and have them set your gains properly.

^order the 0 gauge wire off eBay it's sumn like 42 for 20 feet, whereas a shop would charge u 5 a foot

plus it's always good to extra

bro Robin does naaaaaaasty work monday.. trusst me ,he is from tampa, and geeeettss dooowwnn on builds.. built some of the loudest in FL.. plus hes a good dude

I fried both the voice coils on my Mmatts 2.5 10" subs

I am now trying to decide which 10" subs to replace them with (they were being powered by a new 1000 watt fosgate which was only 1/2 way up). I'm not getting Mmatts 2.5 again since this is the second time I've blown the same speakers

So far I am looking at either:

RE SE 10"
Chaos 10"

Mmatts 3.0 10" ?

I am open to suggestions as to which are better and if there is something else good I am maybe missing

I need something I'm not gonna blow again that can handle the watts from this amp and still have good Sound Quality and hit HARD

Please help !

To mmn,

any major differences between the alpine 1.1000 an the alpine pdx-m12?

Besides the 200 watt difference?

I'm jus debating if I should shell out the extra
cash

before u said anything else tho, I need the trunk spAce that's why I'm looking for a compact amp

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

using the old box?

Yes, I wanted to use the old box ...I thought these subs require pretty much the same airspace - that what my installer said anyways.

Since I live in Vegas I can just go and pick up the AA Chaos in person, or the RE SE are the older model and I'd be ordering those offline (my installer said I will blow the RE's, not sure of he is just trying to sell me the chaos )

The set of RE's would cost $200 less then the Chaos

RE and AA were made by the same person anyways.....

??

Back
Top Bottom