Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

Im looking to get two 12 Type R's fifth gen, but the only thing holding me up is the amp.. any suggestions? i was thinking the alpine x power MRX-M110 or a hifonic zeus amp..

Man I bought a sa-15 for my Monte, been collecting dust

Havent kept up with the audio game in a minute

Wonder whats been going on

Had 2 15 cvx's in a custom box tuned to 35 on a ssl 5000 with a yellow top bat  0 gauge  with a pioneer deck in my Lexus. 

It kept braking the screws for the subs man i miss that setup i blew them subs 
frown.gif

I'm so lost when it comes to car audio. Whats a good in depth guide that breaks everything down?

Also, how is the performance of a speaker objectively measured? You can't just go off of numbers correct?

Last edited:
I'm so lost when it comes to car audio. Whats a good in depth guide that breaks everything down?

Also, how is how good a speaker objectively measured? You can't just go off of numbers correct?
I believe they measure then in decibels /herrz I believe

Someone help this man :lol:

I hope this thread can come back to life...

Any shops to recommend or well known individuals in NYC who can install a head-unit, steering wheel control adapter, SiriusXM tuner and backup cam. I already have the appropriate wiring harness and dash kit. Just need someone reliable to install it for a reasonable price.

I hope this thread can come back to life...

Any shops to recommend or well known individuals in NYC who can install a head-unit, steering wheel control adapter, SiriusXM tuner and backup cam. I already have the appropriate wiring harness and dash kit. Just need someone reliable to install it for a reasonable price.

Anyone?

Can we bring this thread back? I'm looking to replace the factory speakers on my '14 Civic. I've found speaker with good reviews that'll fit via Crutchfield but I'm so confused as to what amp I need. What's the difference between mono and multiple channel amps?

Looking at these for the front: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-zIptqmcYd2K/p_2064CSS654/Kicker-40CSS654.html?tp=95

these in the back: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_20641DS654/Kicker-41DSC654.html

Don't want to get a sub because I don't want to lose the trunk space just yet. How much money would I be looking at for a good amp? Also how much should getting this all done at a shop run me installation wise? Do I need anything else to make them run to their full potential? I already have a nice 7" screen for the head unit so I'm not looking to do anything there.

They have all this stuff at best buy so I could go there or I could go to one of the many independent places around me.

Last edited:
Can we bring this thread back? I'm looking to replace the factory speakers on my '14 Civic. I've found speaker with good reviews that'll fit via Crutchfield but I'm so confused as to what amp I need. What's the difference between mono and multiple channel amps?

Looking at these for the front: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-zIptqmcYd2K/p_2064CSS654/Kicker-40CSS654.html?tp=95

these in the back: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_20641DS654/Kicker-41DSC654.html

Don't want to get a sub because I don't want to lose the trunk space just yet. How much money would I be looking at for a good amp? Also how much should getting this all done at a shop run me installation wise? Do I need anything else to make them run to their full potential? I already have a nice 7" screen for the head unit so I'm not looking to do anything there.

They have all this stuff at best buy so I could go there or I could go to one of the many independent places around me.
Multiple channel amps are for speakers, and mono amps are for subs. A 4 channel amp will power 4 speakers. 

I got my hiphonics amp for a little more than $100 on sale. You should install the system yourself, its a really simple process and it will save you money. Watch a few youtube videos and throw it in there. Depending on how big the amp is, you might want to consider a capacitor.

Good luck

How much could I get for a Kicker IX405D and older 10inch solo baric sub?

Or should I just keep it?

Last edited:
:nerd:

Was gonna start a new thread but here we are:

I'm getting a JVC Unit with a Metra Double Din Kit put in my Camaro tomorrow. Any recommendations for speakers, amps and woofers? I pan on doing two 10s. Thanks!

I just copped an IDMAX v.4 12", bout to power it with a JL 1000/1 v.2 amp. Can any of yall recommend me a nice head unit? I been looking at the pioneer prs80

Back
Top Bottom