Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

Kicker
30t6p3b.gif

Anyone have tips on how to hold the sub box down? Since mines on hardwood it always slides. I was thinking about picking up some velcro, but I don't wanna mess up the hardwood either.

mondaynightraw wrote:
Regardless of where the port goes, the trunk will still vibrate. That's inevitable. 
2-3 8's would be a much better choice imo. Box size will be in the same ball park for 1 10 ported and you'll have more cone area 

^^^ thats my thing...
i want my sub stage to be "Tight" & "Punchy" not a rolling bass or too boomy...

some people hate it, i LOVE that clear crisp beat ... 

smaller the size sub, the tighter the bass will go right?

ive just never seen a three 8" sub box ever really... 

and i heard tuning the box to 40Hz and above would do the trick to if i were to go bigger..

Im learning, im learning...

Myth. Sub size does not determine frequency response..enclosure does. 
and i heard tuning the box to 40Hz and above would do the trick to if i were to go bigger..

No way 
laugh.gif
 A 40hz box would be a one note wonder. It'll sound like +@$ on anything other than rap. 

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Myth. Sub size does not determine frequency response..enclosure does. 

No way 
laugh.gif
 A 40hz box would be a one note wonder. It'll sound like +@$ on anything other than rap. 

damn! 
So what your ideas on getting that type of Bass that im looking for?

Hey guys, got a question to ask y'all... first of all i'm a straight up rookie when it comes to electronics, and even worst when it comes to car electronics. So cut me some slack 
laugh.gif

Anyway, I just had my front door speakers replaced and powered it to an amp... but when I got it installed, I get A LOT of static now, even the clearest local radio stations have static now.

And when I turn the volume all the way to zero. I hear static in the background!
ohwell.gif
It's wack and annoying. Any tips? Or info on what's the problem? Thanks!

ii need a audio aux input... is the isimple worth it or is there something better ( i dont have a iphone )

you searched through the thread to find what kinda car i drive? k.

btw i have a better engine than your car 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

grin.gif

Nah I didn't do that, I searched "Car Audio" and I was browsing through the thread. 1999 Intrepid though??!?
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Your car is doo doo..... anyways...

Eggy I need a dash kit fam
nerd.gif

again, my engine is better than yours but its okay, i know you're a groupie anyway ill let it slide

SSA black friday sale through monday
pimp.gif
i wonder if i can find a nice HU for the low

whats the best car alarm with a lcd Pager? Im a deep sleeper and didnt hear my alarm from 9th floor apt , they got my indash.. Smh

any help would be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Hey guys, got a question to ask y'all... first of all i'm a straight up rookie when it comes to electronics, and even worst when it comes to car electronics. So cut me some slack 
laugh.gif

Anyway, I just had my front door speakers replaced and powered it to an amp... but when I got it installed, I get A LOT of static now, even the clearest local radio stations have static now.

And when I turn the volume all the way to zero. I hear static in the background!
ohwell.gif
It's wack and annoying. Any tips? Or info on what's the problem? Thanks!

By any chance you happen to run your power wire with your RCAs connected to that amp that's powering those two fronts?

Need your help once again monday, or anyone else thats willing to help me out. I just got a new car (IS250). They had a system before it seems as they have the rca cables and power cables running through the back of the trunk already set. The amp of course is gone and when I got the car none of the back speakers work. The car has 13 speakers total (diagram below) and was wondering what the best thing I could do to it. The car has an a factory amp in the trunk but I don't know how that really works with the rest of the car. The factory stereo is going to be pretty hard to remove and replace as I've researched so I may be stuck with it and thats fine by me if that won't take away too much quality. What speakers should I replace and with what? I want 2 10's in the back. Budget would be 1k for speakers, sub and amp(s), maybe less if possible lol.

2uj467n.png

bump...I'm going to my dad's friend shop tomorrow so he can look at the car. Just wanna get ideas here before I see what he recommends.
You recommend the image dynamics CTX65CS which I bought for my last car and like them. Would those be good here or should I spend a little
more for something a lot better?

Since you gotta keep the stock deck, you need a processor to be the middle man instead of an aftermarket headunit.

You could use a LOC(Line out converter), but that's the %%%%#! way to go about it.

What's your budget.

I was looking at somewhere around 1k for the speakers, amp, and subs. How much would the processor be? There was something they connected to it when the previous owner had the amps in, it was a little black box, not sure what it is but I'm sure you would know. It ran to the speakers. I'll take a pic of it later today

Back
Top Bottom