Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

You can throw a 15" Orion HCCA in the back of a '95 Civic DX and get big numbers but that wont make it a good setup.

I've seen vids with him getting 160+ DB, window/doors open and all. In my book thats not falling short. My boy has 4 15's in his DTS and at 150DB itstarts to get painful so I'm sure 160DB is bananas. Also, DB is only one part of the equation. You gotta consider the frequency too.

MR MONDAY NIIGHT wrote:
Originally Posted by Ruff C

I'm looking to invest into a sound system
I guess I should start with explaining what car and I have and what I'm looking for. I have a 2007 Chevrolet Impala LS. it has 6 speakers, 2 on the door, Two 1 1/2 inch tweeters by the front window, and 2 rear speakers above the back seats. My speakers and my deck are factory; I have the standard Impala deck with the AUX input and such.

I'm looking for some 10" speakers with an nice size amp for me to actually beat loudly with a nice clear sound.

My question is for me to get a system with a nice sound and beat would I have to get a new deck and new interior speakers? Or will I be fine with the current set-up and all I need would be the subwoofers and amp? Thanks for the help.

You don't need a new deck but i would invest in one..same with the stock speakers..

why 10's?

because I wanted to add some bass to my trunk without having to buy new speakers inside. I know this dude thats willing to hook me up with a pair of Kenwood12"s with 1800 watts and 900 rms for $90. Now what size amp and type of box will i need to get the best kick?

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

I personally wouldn't buy kenwood subs..but for 90 i guess it wouldn't be that bad..
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I personally wouldn't buy kenwood subs..but for 90 i guess it wouldn't be that bad..

why wouldnt you recommend kenwood?

Originally Posted by Ruff C

why wouldnt you recommend kenwood?

Their subs arent too great
so what would you recommend price range is around $500, I'm willing to spend money on a good sound, but I wouldn't wanna invest all mymoney into a system because I'm trying to upgrade my car some more

500 won't get u @!$% unless u shop around and possibly buy used

a custom box alone for your sub is gonna run 110-150 unless u build it yourself

yeah i noticed that !+! when i was looking at decks. what would you recommend i get?

for 500? nothing
laugh.gif

"decent" deck 150-250
comps 60-200
speaker amp 100-200
sub 100-500+
sub amp 250-400

box, install, etc etc=$$$$

see where i'm going with this?

ok i feel you lol time for me to save up then lol....I'll get at you in a couple of months with more questions!

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

So i'm just wondering, I installed an FM Modulator (scosche fm mod 02) in my car today and I have my iPhone connected to it through the dock connector (line out). Every time I step on the accelerator there's a high-pitched whining noise. Can this be fixed with a ground loop isolator or is there something else I have to do to get rid of the noise?

I had the same problem with the amp for my components i had to put one of these http://www.amazon.com/PAC...s&qid=1247298138&sr=1-30never had the problem again make sure you ground the brown wire

Just sold my Sundown 1500D and 9887
Bought to pick up a 1200D and SSA Icon or Fi BL.
Still got my OG Soundstream comps and Alpine amp.
Then just gotta pick up another HU and wire, build a box and I'm set.

I recently just got a 2003 Ford F-150 Quad Cab and I was wondering what would be the best speaker layout.
I would prefer a little bit of base but I would rather just do hi's if the bass can't fit? Any Reccomendations

Man it breaks my heart to come in here and read aboout all these sound systems.... I just had my car broken into about 2 weeks ago and this is what theytook....

-Alpine Iva-w505 head unit
-2 JL w3v2 (w/ box)
-Hifonics brutus 2000w 2ch amp
-They "tried" to take my Alpine type R component door speakers
and my 6x9 Alpine rear deck speakers but im guessing they ran out of time or something......
-2 XOvisin headrest monitors
-and a PS2

Not to mention, My son's Favorite Barney movie was in the player and to top it off they took my son's stroller which im sure they used to carry all thestuff.

Question: How much do i need to spend to get a decent setup I have a G35 with a factory bose headunit and bose speakers which i am not looking to change. Alsohave a question about this will it affect the sound quality that much using the factory speakers/headunit? I don't know much about audio but i think Boseis a decent brand I want to get two 10 inch subs in the trunk im thinking either JL/Alpine/Pioneer, and of course i would need to get a new Amp. Can anyonetell me some good places to start looking for these I'm not trying to get raped with the store prices.

Originally Posted by CtJordanFiend

I recently just got a 2003 Ford F-150 Quad Cab and I was wondering what would be the best speaker layout.
I would prefer a little bit of base but I would rather just do hi's if the bass can't fit? Any Reccomendations

Ditch the back seat
happy.gif

Originally Posted by kalikid23

Man it breaks my heart to come in here and read aboout all these sound systems.... I just had my car broken into about 2 weeks ago and this is what they took....

-Alpine Iva-w505 head unit
-2 JL w3v2 (w/ box)
-Hifonics brutus 2000w 2ch amp
-They "tried" to take my Alpine type R component door speakers
and my 6x9 Alpine rear deck speakers but im guessing they ran out of time or something......
-2 XOvisin headrest monitors
-and a PS2

Not to mention, My son's Favorite Barney movie was in the player and to top it off they took my son's stroller which im sure they used to carry all the stuff.
Sorry to hear that
tired.gif

Originally Posted by PersianBalla

Question: How much do i need to spend to get a decent setup I have a G35 with a factory bose headunit and bose speakers which i am not looking to change. Also have a question about this will it affect the sound quality that much using the factory speakers/headunit? I don't know much about audio but i think Bose is a decent brand I want to get two 10 inch subs in the trunk im thinking either JL/Alpine/Pioneer, and of course i would need to get a new Amp. Can anyone tell me some good places to start looking for these I'm not trying to get raped with the store prices.

Bose is a terrible brand. Don't even bother getting a new system if you plan to keep the stock speakers...

Back
Top Bottom