Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

YouTube will be streaming his Coachella performance in a couple of hours. Can't wait 
pimp.gif

youtube.com/coachella
3-30 pt
so 6-30 eastern 

refreshing to see new music from dude. his coachella performance (that i streamed) was dope as well.

glad he's getting his shine on.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

does anyone know the song from the one minute mark?�
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
"You Know Me" from Culdesac. 
The verses he spit at Coachella are not the same. He said he was gonna do new verses over old beats. Which is what he did in the video you posted. 

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

sooo, I'm real slow

what's the story with the HiPower beat?
kendrick made it? Glover used it, vice versa?

the "You Know Me" beat? its originally a childish track on culdesac and kendrick used it

but if you really meant "hiiipower" j.cole produced that and its a kendrick track

Went to the show in Oakland last Thursday and it was
pimp.gif
amazing energy and was just a great vibe all around. His freestyles were dope too, him rapping over rack city was too awesome

Just got back from coachella weekend 2... Had a few people that new him as an actor but when they saw his performance they left as fans. He was amazing! i was glad my friends and my brother could see how talented this dude is

Childish Gambino to Release New Mixtape 'Extremely Soon'
Rapper-actor approaching his latest musical project as 'a dance with the audience'

Comment2

Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino in his trailer at The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.
Joseph Llanes
By DAN HYMAN
April 16, 2012 5:10 PM ET
Relaxing before his Saturday mid-afternoon set at Coachella, Donald Glover, a.k.a. Childish Gambino, revisits a debate that he had earlier with his team about when to put out his new mixtape. "We were discussing on the bus whether or not to release it in a couple of hours," the 28-year-old actor-rapper, who is wearing a ZZ Top Eliminator cut-off, tells Rolling Stone. Glover opted against releasing the tape during the fest – and at press time, it has yet to hit the Web – but he says it's only a matter of time before he drops his new material. "It will be coming out extremely soon," Glover says. "Like, extremely soon."

Glover is best known for his role as Troy Barnes on NBC's Community, but he's also developed a legion of new-school hip-hop fans thanks to his debut album, Camp, released last year through the indie label Glassnote. According to Glover, the new mixtape will further expand his musical horizons. "Mixtapes are experiments," says Glover, who recorded 25 tracks for the project. "Music is like weightlifting. I really want to get good and better at it, so I'm taking this as a dance with the audience."

A virgin to Coachella as both an attendee and performer – he once visited the Palm Springs area with an ex-girlfriend, but that's about it – Glover ensured that his festival debut would make an impact by bringing out fellow cult-favorite rappers Kenrick Lamar and Danny Brown. "Better memories this time," he says wryly.

There's just one catch: Glover is recovering from a broken foot that he suffered during a show in Tampa last month, so for now, at least, he must wear a cast boot while performing. But judging from his hyperactive set, it appears he isn't fazed by the injury. "I can get way more active with the boot," Glover says. "The boot is what keeps me safe. I was kicking stuff and jumping around." The only downside? Says Glover, "It's not gonna get you laid."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.c...n-20120416#ixzz1tJ7mIpEs

New material said to be on his upcoming mixtape!! Don't listen I guess if you want to wait it out...

Back
Top Bottom