Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

yeah youre gonna hate it. barely any rapping will be on this since the song list looks the same as what he performed at pharos. stoked for the album, song was on repeat the whole day

Yoo that song was one of the Atlanta promos!

GAHDAMN 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

It's not a great rap song.
It's not a great Gambino song.
It's not a great kickback track.

But.
In a vacuum it's pretty damn good musicianship. If you listen to it with headphones it's really well produced music.

It's just, not really what we want or have waited years for from Donald :\

Last edited:
After listening to that new track I'm really looking forward to the album. I can tell a lot of people won't like it. They prob hated Mos Def - New Danger (if they were even listening to music when it came out) because it failed to meet their expectations. Same thing with Kendrick - TPAB or Kanye - 808's.

Sometimes your favorite rappers don't want to rap and just make music.

On a lighter note, the face on the cover reminds me of Bernie Mac

Ez6sUP.gif

Last edited:
All the way here for this all or mostly singing album. Those ended up being some of my favorite songs of his in recent years, so I'm looking forward to hearing what people that got to go to that Pharos event experienced.

I'm definitely gonna grab a vinyl copy off the strength of that cover :lol:

Last edited:
@Brolic Scholar, Rep to you good sir for the "Maggot Brain" mention. I first heard that song like 6 years ago. That raw emotion Eddie Hazel put into those damb strings [emoji]128549[/emoji].

Back to Childish. Love the direction. Very funky. Production is glorious. Body is ready.

I've always preferred him as a rapper but it is what it is. If the sound and music is on point, then I can still appreciate it.

I mean the dude is so talented that I have faith this will be dope regardless. Plus if it's just going to be a singing album he probably will drop a rap album during the summer. I stopped watching ATL, so I can binge watch after the semester and BUY the dvds, so I don't know what the directions is going to for next season but I would predict he's going to have some rap tracks for that..

from what i remember from pharos, there was minimal rapping. Zombies and California were the most well received songs. Could see California being his 3005 for this album. it samples charles wrights' express yourself 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom