Official Clash of the Titans Movie Post

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Originally Posted by Pmighty

ill be there
idk why theyre remaking this but theyre remakin everything else so
I ask myself this question all the time. Then again you have to think.. I our generation wouldn't be up on a lot of movies if they weren't remade. I never knew half of these movie were remakes because they were before my time. Younger people think this is an original movie. 20 years from now they are going to make another one. Feel me?
that makes sense i guess
but remakes rarely if ever live up to the og. i dont think ive ever seen a movie and was like "yea this was better than the og" but i get what your sayin

I'm going to see it, I don't give a $$!% about reviews. No critic can tell me if I'll be entertained or not

I did hear the 3D sucks though because it was added post production

Just got done watching my yearly viewing of the 1981 version. [I know, I'm weird...
laugh.gif
]

I'm going to see the new one on sunday.  I hope it's not too bad.

The OG sucked, ya'll need to wake up. I watched it years ago and it was okay, but now being older I went back to rewatch it 'cause I heard the remake was coming out, and the OG just fall out sucked, it was comical how bad it was. But I'm not one to really complain about remakes, I take them as their own movie the majority of the time, anyway. I'll try and catch this flick this weekend, it looks
pimp.gif

just seen this.

thoroughly disappointed.

i knew id be disappointed when i found out that it was less than 2housrs. but still i had hope

i was expecting something EPIC like Lord of the Rings, Troy, Pirates of the..... this was anti epic.

i havent seen the OG but this felt RUSHED. i left the theatre sayin "wow, that was it???"

i saw it in 2d my theater dont have 3d

i dont know what else to say without giving spoilers but man there simply wasnt enough.

not enough from the Gods. Where was Posideon????
medusas scene seemed very quick.
same with the Kraken. the whole thing seemed rushed.

main gods were Zeus and Hades. i only remember 3 other gods having speaking parts and they only said 1 LINE!!!

some review exerpts that mirror my sentiments

Even the kraken proves anticlimactic -- and brother, if you can't stick the landing when your movie has a damn kraken in it, then you shouldn't be making movies.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/cla...e_that_the_movie_believes_any_of_this_matters
There's plenty of money on the screen, but no energy or conviction; no sense that the movie believes any of this matters.

i feel exactly like i did after i seen Public Enemies.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

def. seein this

the og version is a classic

remakes will keep comin out

the warriors and e.t, just to name a few areall getting remade
They have been saying that for like 5 years now, I highly doubt it does.

laugh.gif
CertifiedSW wrote:

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

Real bad reviews, pass

@#$# the reviews. This is the kind of movie you see regardless of reviews
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Exactly!

I say %%+% reviews about everything I want to see...Everybody not the same.

[h1] [/h1]

Originally Posted by OLD SCHOOL

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

def. seein this

the og version is a classic

remakes will keep comin out

the warriors and e.t, just to name a few areall getting remade
They have been saying that for like 5 years now, I highly doubt it does.
I'm looking forward to this.

I had no clue how bad the remake was! The O.G. Is a classic in my mind it had a story line. Wait till this comes to tbs next year, even though the O.G. is old it is a lot better

Saw it last night and it was entertaining but certainly lacked depth. The movie was definitely rushed and like Guillermo, I was expecting a long and well scripted movie like Lord of the Rings but it didn't even come close. It seriously felt like it was made just to make money. Not worth seeing in 3D either, they didn't capitalize much on it like Avatar did.

Overall, movie was entertaining and action packed but that was all the movie had to offer. Story had no depth and the whole movie felt rushed. See it to be entertained if you have nothing better to do and save a few dollars and skip th 3D version.

very entertaining, wish it was longer and had more depth like RFX mentioned..other than that  i liked it.

plus i developed a new crush

gemma-arterton_1292532i.jpg

worst-dressed-Gemma-Arterton.jpg

Spoiler [+]
article-0-02571413000005DC-743_468x660.jpg

movie was garbage. the 3d was crap: no conture, just objects closer and farther and often times no 3d feel at all. the joke about bubo the owl falls flat because the original was superior.

no point watching this in 3D. the movie was not filmed in 3D and is only being shown in 3D in order to charge you an extra $5 a ticket. the movie wasnt envisioned in 3D. but they figure they have Sam Worthington, which also starred in a 3D blockbuster AVATAR, would make them sell tickets in 3D.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Saw it last night and it was entertaining but certainly lacked depth. The movie was definitely rushed and like Guillermo, I was expecting a long and well scripted movie like Lord of the Rings but it didn't even come close. It seriously felt like it was made just to make money. Not worth seeing in 3D either, they didn't capitalize much on it like Avatar did.

Overall, movie was entertaining and action packed but that was all the movie had to offer. Story had no depth and the whole movie felt rushed. See it to be entertained if you have nothing better to do and save a few dollars and skip th 3D version.
everything he said.

didnt like it too much. could have been longer. and if it was rated R it would have been better

heard it had nothing to do with the actual greek myth and the whole movie made no sense...guess i gotta wait for the download/stream...

Read on yahoo, that movie was shot is 2D then rendered over to 3D, and that it should takes 6 mos to year to do this, and they did it in 8 weeks. There was discussion about will a movie like this, ruin peoples perception of 3D and kill the medium before they can fully utilize it.

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

I doubt it'll be better than the OG version.
The bad special effects is what made the movie because that type of stuff was new during that time.

It wasnt.  Kind of disappointed about that too...

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

Read on yahoo, that movie was shot is 2D then rendered over to 3D, and that it should takes 6 mos to year to do this, and they did it in 8 weeks. There was discussion about will a movie like this, ruin peoples perception of 3D and kill the medium before they can fully utilize it.
The only things I noticed that were affected by the 3D were the words that would come out. Everything else looked like it would in a non-3D showing.

Back
Top Bottom