Official COLTS Thread 2011-12 Colts 2-14 We have the number one Draft pick!! vol Luck?

From espn

Peyton still thinks he will play this year

"I think you have to have hope until the doctors rule you out," Manning said Thursday in his first comments in the Indy locker room since the latest surgery on his injured neck. "We're having a lot of injuries so if they come to me and say they have to make a move, I won't fight them on that."

Manning said he feels good following a Sept. 8 procedure that was his third neck surgery in a span of 19 months.

The anterior fusion procedure typically requires making an incision in the front of the neck, removing soft disk tissue between the vertebrae and fusing the bones together with a graft. The usual recovery time, according to doctors not handling Manning's case, is 2-3 months.

The Colts have kept Manning on the active roster instead of placing their franchise quarterback on injured reserve in hopes he will return to the practice field in December.

Nobody has said whether Manning is expected to play in a game this season.

But doctors, Manning said, are taking X-rays every four weeks to monitor the healing. It has gone well enough that Manning has been cleared to stand on the sideline during Sunday's game between the Colts (0-4) and Kansas City (1-3).

[h4]AFC South blog[/h4]
Kuharsky_paul_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky writes about all things AFC South in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

"I had a bad feeling being up there in the press box with you guys," Manning joked. "Warm-ups are actually probably scarier than the game, but I just had a bad vibe being up there."

Perhaps that's because the Colts are winless without Manning, including 0-3 with him in the press box.

Manning has been seen around the team complex the last few weeks, primarily walking laps around the practice field. He also has been attending team meetings and served as an adviser for Kerry Collins and Curtis Painter, the two replacements who have taken snaps in Manning's place.

Vice chairman Bill Polian told radio listeners this week that Manning had been increasing his activity recently, something Manning confirmed. He did not provide details of the rehabilitation process.

From espn

Peyton still thinks he will play this year

"I think you have to have hope until the doctors rule you out," Manning said Thursday in his first comments in the Indy locker room since the latest surgery on his injured neck. "We're having a lot of injuries so if they come to me and say they have to make a move, I won't fight them on that."

Manning said he feels good following a Sept. 8 procedure that was his third neck surgery in a span of 19 months.

The anterior fusion procedure typically requires making an incision in the front of the neck, removing soft disk tissue between the vertebrae and fusing the bones together with a graft. The usual recovery time, according to doctors not handling Manning's case, is 2-3 months.

The Colts have kept Manning on the active roster instead of placing their franchise quarterback on injured reserve in hopes he will return to the practice field in December.

Nobody has said whether Manning is expected to play in a game this season.

But doctors, Manning said, are taking X-rays every four weeks to monitor the healing. It has gone well enough that Manning has been cleared to stand on the sideline during Sunday's game between the Colts (0-4) and Kansas City (1-3).

[h4]AFC South blog[/h4]
Kuharsky_paul_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky writes about all things AFC South in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

"I had a bad feeling being up there in the press box with you guys," Manning joked. "Warm-ups are actually probably scarier than the game, but I just had a bad vibe being up there."

Perhaps that's because the Colts are winless without Manning, including 0-3 with him in the press box.

Manning has been seen around the team complex the last few weeks, primarily walking laps around the practice field. He also has been attending team meetings and served as an adviser for Kerry Collins and Curtis Painter, the two replacements who have taken snaps in Manning's place.

Vice chairman Bill Polian told radio listeners this week that Manning had been increasing his activity recently, something Manning confirmed. He did not provide details of the rehabilitation process.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

3 wins this year

i think i spoke to highly of this "TEAM"

peyton is the coach, the leader, the qb

peyton >

As far as i am concerned, this elevates this dudes impressive legacy already ... too bad he DIDN'T play up to snuff when he had edge pre ACL ...

colts dominated first half against the saints ... garcon didn't come to play and that onside was terrible ... if my son has to retire and only has 1 ring
indifferent.gif

top 3 favorite players to ever play the game ... along w/ steve young and barry sanders ...

i think of all those tough playoff losses ... having to go up to NE b/c NE had home adv... watching ty law manhandle harrison ... never having a physical receiver ... belichek always outcoaching ... peyton ...

... just gonna stop ... i don't like the colts but i love edge and peyton ... wanted those guys to win a lot more than they did ...
tired.gif

%!#* polian man

3 wins this year

peyton >

As far as i am concerned, this elevates this dudes impressive legacy already ... too bad he DIDN'T play up to snuff when he had edge pre ACL ...

colts dominated first half against the saints ... garcon didn't come to play and that onside was terrible ... if my son has to retire and only has 1 ring
indifferent.gif

top 3 favorite players to ever play the game ... along w/ steve young and barry sanders ...

i think of all those tough playoff losses ... having to go up to NE b/c NE had home adv... watching ty law manhandle harrison ... never having a physical receiver ... belichek always outcoaching ... peyton ...

... just gonna stop ... i don't like the colts but i love edge and peyton ... wanted those guys to win a lot more than they did ...
tired.gif

%!#* polian man

3 wins this year

peyton >

indifferent.gif

tired.gif

%!#* polian man
smh let edge go the year they won it all and i would for peyton to get another ring and all those playoff loses to new england year after year smh

3 wins this year

peyton >

indifferent.gif

tired.gif

%!#* polian man
smh let edge go the year they won it all and i would for peyton to get another ring and all those playoff loses to new england year after year smh

Polian and Irsay are HORRIBLE. They better not win one game this season (and they wont). There is no reason to... I wouldnt even want Luck to go to this organization after what I have seen this season and the past with Peyton and I am a Colts fan....

Polian and Irsay are HORRIBLE. They better not win one game this season (and they wont). There is no reason to... I wouldnt even want Luck to go to this organization after what I have seen this season and the past with Peyton and I am a Colts fan....

Back
Top Bottom