Official Comic Book Artwork & Images Thread - Volume 2

Great work. Comic book art is always appreciated by me. The style and detail always captivates me.

Great work. Comic book art is always appreciated by me. The style and detail always captivates me.

Tom Fowler

flashcommission72.jpg

wildcatrobincommission72.jpg

Francesco Francavilla
doom_patrol_low.jpg

superman_low.jpg

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Where the hell do you guys get comics?

I never read one fml. I want to start, do they come every week or month or something? How much are they?
A comic series releases once a month with new comics being delivered every week on Wednesday. The average price for a single issue is $2.99-$3.99. If you want to find your local shop go to comicshoplocator.com

I never read one fml. I want to start, do they come every week or month or something? How much are they?
A comic series releases once a month with new comics being delivered every week on Wednesday. The average price for a single issue is $2.99-$3.99. If you want to find your local shop go to comicshoplocator.com

Yeah, besides comic book stores, you can try Marvel Digital Comics .   You can read a ton of stuff online and it's good for people who don't have access to comics book stores.  I'm signing up myself as soon as I get a tablet.  A yearly membership is only $5/month and you figure a single comic issue is already $3-4 so I don't think its a bad deal at all

Yeah, besides comic book stores, you can try Marvel Digital Comics .   You can read a ton of stuff online and it's good for people who don't have access to comics book stores.  I'm signing up myself as soon as I get a tablet.  A yearly membership is only $5/month and you figure a single comic issue is already $3-4 so I don't think its a bad deal at all

I never read one fml. I want to start, do they come every week or month or something? How much are they
read the civil war arc thats a good place to get into it
and also read the flash comics 
pimp.gif

I never read one fml. I want to start, do they come every week or month or something? How much are they
read the civil war arc thats a good place to get into it
and also read the flash comics 
pimp.gif

Comic-Shop Locator
Click the link and find shops in your area.

Price points range...DC comics have been at $2.99 for a couple of weeks now and Marvel comics ranger from $2.99-$3.99.  All new comics are released every Wednesday. Depending on the title, some release once a month or twice a month. Go to Comixology they show the upcoming releases weekly. Good place to get an idea what is releasing soon.

I just started collecting again and it's fun. 

omgitswes...There are a lot of things worth reading. Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, Age of X (A new X-men crossover storyline), Invincible Iron Man, The Walking Dead. I know jaypesoz would have more insight on what titles to look into. Just drop into your local comic shop and they should help you out.

Comic-Shop Locator

Price points range...DC comics have been at $2.99 for a couple of weeks now and Marvel comics ranger from $2.99-$3.99.  All new comics are released every Wednesday. Depending on the title, some release once a month or twice a month. Go to Comixology they show the upcoming releases weekly. Good place to get an idea what is releasing soon.

omgitswes...There are a lot of things worth reading. Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, Age of X (A new X-men crossover storyline), Invincible Iron Man, The Walking Dead. I know jaypesoz would have more insight on what titles to look into. Just drop into your local comic shop and they should help you out.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Comic-Shop Locator

As someone who buys comics.. do you buy individual comics or do you buy it when it comes in one big book?

Comic-Shop Locator

As someone who buys comics.. do you buy individual comics or do you buy it when it comes in one big book?

I've read into all of those except Age of X.

When I buy, which is hardly ever now. I just buy one big book. I tend to hold onto hardcovers longer than trades.

Do they still sell comics by the bundle? I remember a long time ago my mom would get some catalogue monthly and it would have a bunch of junk but one month it had like a bundle of 100 random DC comics so I got it. No idea where any of them are now and I would like to buy it again, but don't know where to look.

I've read into all of those except Age of X.

When I buy, which is hardly ever now. I just buy one big book. I tend to hold onto hardcovers longer than trades.

Do they still sell comics by the bundle? I remember a long time ago my mom would get some catalogue monthly and it would have a bunch of junk but one month it had like a bundle of 100 random DC comics so I got it. No idea where any of them are now and I would like to buy it again, but don't know where to look.

It really depends on the story; some read better month to month and some read better collected. Daytripper worked amazingly as serial because of how each issue ends but something like The Walking Dead or Scalped end up working better in chunks sometimes.

It really depends on the story; some read better month to month and some read better collected. Daytripper worked amazingly as serial because of how each issue ends but something like The Walking Dead or Scalped end up working better in chunks sometimes.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Comic-Shop Locator

Currently, I buy individual issues to the titles I like...Right now its A LOT. 
ohwell.gif
 I buy the trades (book) when it's to catch up on a storyline...Only books that I bought were X-Men: Messiah Complex, Messiah Wars, and Second Coming. If I don't buy and I want to see what the issue is about...I find a way to DL them.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom