OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Been getting into comic collecting and I've noticed I f**k with indie comics way more heavily than Marvel or DC. I think that's because I grew up really into anime and manga so there were never really any superhero types in what I enjoyed the most as a teen/young adult.

Honestly after reading some of Ridley's DC work and reading about his take on BP I'm not sure how his run will be any different from Coates'.

A few Issues I have with Coates' run

-Rape camps in the most advanced nation on earth.
-Title character missing/sidelined for significant portions of the run.
-Lack of action
-Ineffective T'Challa
-Random appearances of Black Superheroes to help save the day with no previous history with BP
-Issues where little to nothing happens

I could go on. But I think as long as Ridley gives a satisfactory take, that it'll be a step up. Also dislike redesign of the costume with return of the cape and forward facing ears.

20211005_222202.jpg

20211005_163029.jpg

20211005_221407.jpg

20211005_221720.jpg

20211005_221909.jpg

20211005_220807.jpg

20211005_175222.jpg

20211005_163225.jpg

Just read the new Amazing Spider-Man by Wells and Gleason.
Ben Reilly is back and is being paid by new company to be Spider-Man. When Otto was SM, he trademarked the name and Beyond Corporation bought the name. Peter suffering from PTSD from Harry dying (again) and not taking the time to decompress and accepts all that happening. Then issue ends with Peter getting radiation poisoning. Seemes like he's about to die again lol

Been keeping up with comics news despite not actively reading but I had to read ASM 75 Beyond for the return of my boy Ben :pimp:

Weems like it'll be a great run until the milestone.

Been keeping up with comics news despite not actively reading but I had to read ASM 75 Beyond for the return of my boy Ben :pimp:

I'm already looking forward to Peter coming back and them teaming up against Beyond. Not a fan of the new costume for Ben. Think the old one holds up pretty well today.

I'm already looking forward to Peter coming back and them teaming up against Beyond. Not a fan of the new costume for Ben. Think the old one holds up pretty well today.
I feel its pretty much the same with slight differences; the spider emblem is off center and not black but a blue/dark blue, no more websites on the outside.

It's not as good as the new scarlet spider costume fans whined about and forced Marvel to quickly change a few years back but it actually could be worse.

How is the writing of Zeb Wells? Something to look forward to with his run in Spidey?

I feel its pretty much the same with slight differences; the spider emblem is off center and not black but a blue/dark blue, no more websites on the outside.

It's not as good as the new scarlet spider costume fans whined about and forced Marvel to quickly change a few years back but it actually could be worse.
That Scarlet Spider that Kaine was wearing?

That was a really good suit and fit the character really well. I can think that suit might have inspired Miles' new look.

Scarlet_Spider_Vol_2_1_Bagley_Variant_Textless.jpg
clean.jpg
miles-process-2-1.jpg
miles-process-3-1.jpg

Started to put some focus on my backlog of comics that I have yet to read lol. Current Amazing Spider-Man is decent, but have no big interest on Ben Reilly's current storyline. Hulk #1 was interesting and curious to see where it goes, but I wasn't blown with Cates' direction. Caught up with Something Is Killing the Children and that was a good read. Started the second spin-off title House of Slaughter and that had an even better start than the first title.

So much to read and organize.

Jeff Lemire's Batman and Robin is a pretty good. Finally catching up with Zdarsky's Daredevil run.

Excited for Saga to return next month!

Back
Top Bottom