OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Ennis' Punisher MAX
PUNISHER%20MAX%20HC%20VOL%2004%20%28MR%29.jpeg

Anybody read the Punisher Max ? Is it a very interesting series, I'm thinking about getting into it.

^^^ is that the current one?
i think i am cuz i wanna see how (i forgot the event that's coming up in Oct.) warzone? starts

PunisherMAX/The PunisherMAX/The Punisher: Frank Castle are apart of the MAX line of Marvel. It's great. Ennis really defines who the Punisher is. Any MAX marvel title is not in the main universe. The run in the 2000s is by Ennis, Aaron, and Swierczynski (other guys like Hurwitz, Gischler, and others have short runs towards the end). It's not current, finished in like 2007. What's being released now is Untold Tales of Punisher MAX by a bunch of good criminal/noir writers.

If you want to get in to the War Zone event then you need to pick up The Punisher By Greg Rucka and Marco Checcetto. That's the one in the Marvel 616 universe.

Either way you'll be getting some good Punisher stories that are done (Rucka's is ending this year) that you'll be able to get pretty easily.

Last edited:
yeah... that's the one i started reading
i can kinda see why the Avengers are gonna have to hunt him down now. lady punisher accidentally killed a cop :smh:

Rucka's run has been amazing. Dude setting them up by killing all those ppl was on some epic movie ****.

Last edited:
I want to get into comics...I tried a while back with the marvel civil war but never got fully into it...where can i begin?

You could start with Avengers versus X-Men event that's finishing now or you could just wait until October for the start of Marvel NOW! which is just about a line wide relaunch of their titles.

http://marvel.com/marvelnow

As for DC"s New52 you can start with their 2nd or 3rd wave (I don't know what wave they're on) of books and pick most titles at issue 13 to use as a jumping on point.

Then there's independent and lesser known comic publishers like Image, IDW, Dark Horse, Valiant, etc. that have some great quality comics.

Last edited:
You could start with Avengers versus X-Men event that's finishing now or you could just wait until October for the start of Marvel NOW! which is just about a line wide relaunch of their titles.
http://marvel.com/marvelnow
As for DC"s New52 you can start with their 2nd or 3rd wave (I don't know what wave they're on) of books and pick most titles at issue 13 to use as a jumping on point.
Then there's independent and lesser known comic publishers like Image, IDW, Dark Horse, Valiant, etc. that have some great quality comics.

is this marvelnow thing like the 52 reboot?

i dont read much marvel stuff so my bad if i sound like a noob.

Last edited:
copped these yesterday, saw the deadpool and scooped them up right away just because of the covers lol

I don't think Marvel is erasing years of continuity. Just mixing up the current status quo
Yeah, just changing creative teams to new titles. Continuity remains intact. It's still a good jumping on point though. You won't have to know a lot of what happened the past decade to start reading except the recent event, AvX.

Its official This girl is my new favorite super hero. I love this story line. I just wish it was on comicoxolgy.

Comicoxology has made comic collecting so much easier for me. :smokin

^ Just picked up issues 1-3...Definitely enjoying Hit Girl so far.

Yeah, just changing creative teams to new titles. Continuity remains intact. It's still a good jumping on point though. You won't have to know a lot of what happened the past decade to start reading except the recent event, AvX.

And it seems promising. Can't wait for Uncanny Avengers and whatever Spider-Man stuff drops

Its official This girl is my new favorite super hero. I love this story line. I just wish it was on comicoxolgy.

Comicoxology has made comic collecting so much easier for me. :smokin
It's better than Kick-*** 2 and it aint even done yet :pimp:

Last edited:
There's so much (good/great) Indie stuff out there it makes it hard for me to decide when to dive in. A lot of them I'm just waiting out until they finish. I just have it in my head they won't be ongoing forever like the big 2's output so I wait for trade.

I was tempted to check Thief of Thieves but that was around the time I heard it'd be getting it's on tv show. So I'll do the same I did with The Walking Dead and see if Kirkman can make lightning strike in the same place twice and basically make me catch up with the book and follow it monthly.

There's so much (good/great) Indie stuff out there it makes it hard for me to decide when to dive in. A lot of them I'm just waiting out until they finish. I just have it in my head they won't be ongoing forever like the big 2's output so I wait for trade.
I was tempted to check Thief of Thieves but that was around the time I heard it'd be getting it's on tv show. So I'll do the same I did with The Walking Dead and see if Kirkman can make lightning strike in the same place twice and basically make me catch up with the book and follow it monthly.

Its pretty good so far. Its like scummier ocean's eleven...sorta.

I liked it too. I wish they had better artwork thoughout the whole arc. Last issue was dope. :smokin

I'm glad to see Cyclops locked up. Always hated him since I was little.
Really. I didnt really see him as a villain. Outside of trying to dis arm the wold he didnt do any wrong compared to the others. He just wanted to help. He really cared. He was pushed but im glad he won in the end

new pickups for the week

that Minimum Carnage 1-shot is the start of a potentially dope "Symbiote Wars" arc with Venom, Scarlet Spider, & Carnage :smokin & "Legends of The Dark Knight" is the FIRST TIME digital-only Batman releases (as well as new short stories) will be in comic book form; a new series with infinite potential *salutes DC*

Last edited:
I liked it too. I wish they had better artwork thoughout the whole arc. Last issue was dope. :smokin

I'm glad to see Cyclops locked up. Always hated him since I was little.

Still can't believe people don't like him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom