OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

just picked up x factor. hope it's good. Kind of dissapointed in the skottie young variant. almost wish i just got the regular (may go back)

just read Deadly Class 1 by Rick Remender. Strong first issue. Speculating on comics is a dangerous game but its always fun

NT - big shout out to all those who participate in this thread. You all really helped respark my interest in comics and graphic novels. Recently got back into reading after a long hiatus and I think it's safe to say that I am in it for the long haul. You all have some pretty cool insight and good suggestions for reads. Eventually I'll post some pics of what I've got, though it's nothing revolutionary because back in the beginning honestly the artwork mostly influenced which books I bought. Today was a big day as this came in the mail. Adding this to my collection means I've finally completed the "OG" Ultimate Spider-man series #1-133, which is cool because it was one of the books that really got me into comics when I was a young teenager back in the early 2000's. Anyway keep the thread alive and hopefully with some more reading under my belt and a little brushing up, I'll become an active contributor to this thread (I envy ya'lls knowledge). Stay up!

Nice! How much did you get it for if you dont mind me asking? I pretty much have the complete set as well but need this one!

I'm actually liking the X factor story so for. wasn't bad ata all, i'll give it about a year see what comes of it

Anybody picking anything up today? I'm going for Night of the living Deadpool and try to get the Miracleman Skottie.....

REVOLUTIONARY WAR: DARK ANGEL 1
Night of the Living Deadpool 1
Inhumanity: Superior Spider-Man 1
Marvel Knights: Hulk 2
Nova 12
Secret Avengers 14
Fantastic Four 16
Thunderbolts 20
Superior Spider-Man 25
Daredevil 35

I've decided to trade wait the Miracle Man reprints and conclusion since I've already had a few issues here and there and digitally. It looks really good though.

"Amazing Spider-Man" Asks "Who Am I?" In Fialkov & Slott's Infinite Comic

Last edited:
Nova 12
New Avengers 14
Secret Avengers 14
Fantastic Four 16
Thunderbolts 20
Indestructible Hulk 18
Superior Spider-Man #5
Daredevil 35

I've decided to trade wait the Miracle Man reprints and conclusion since I've already had a few issues here and there and digitally. It looks really good though.

You pick these up today? I didn't make it out but I really wanna know about Night of the living Deadpool....????

I just finished reading Hickman's Red Mass For Mars, Pax Romana, Red Wing, and Transhuman.Transhuman was interesting just cuz of the other stuff I've already knew about and looked up but by far Pax Romana was the best :pimp: Really hope he finds a great artist that fits this and comes back to it like he said he would. Makes me look forward to his other indie work like Manhattan Project.

Reading Stoker's Dracula now.

Nova 12
Secret Avengers 14
Fantastic Four 16
Thunderbolts 20
Superior Spider-Man #5
Daredevil 35

You pick these up today? I didn't make it out but I really wanna know about Night of the living Deadpool....????
It was cool. Deadpool overeats and gets the crazy itis and he wakes up to find out the whole world has been overrun by some zombie virus. All of the heroes are apparently dead. There's few human survivors fighting back and trying to remain alive. Zombies are your typical type but they can kinda talk (that's explained), and the art is really good. It leans a bit more on the humor as the mystery to how this all happened is developing.

The Line it is Drawn #175 – Comic Book Characters/Hanna-Barbera Characters

Aku hires Deadpool to hunt Jack

:smokin :lol:

My pick ups:
Might Avengers 5
Night of the Living Deadpool 2
Avengers World 2
Avengers 25
Superior Spidey Team-up 9
Black Widow 2
Indestructible Hulk 18.INH
Uncanny Avengers 16
Thunderbolts 21
Avengers Assemble 23
Inhumanity 2
Superior Spidey 26
Revolutionary War - Knights of Pendragon 1
Guardians of the Galaxy 11.NOW
The Walking Dead 120
Invincible 108

Got around to reading Fantastic Force, eh. Also Samurai: Heaven & Earth, Stroker's Dracula, The Surrogates, The Nightly News, Raise The Dead, Forgetless, Happy, and Dancer.

Deadly Class #1 was great.

If you haven't got it yet good luck finding a 1st print of #1 now.

Last weeks pick ups
Walking Dead 120
Origins II #2
Night Of The Living Deadpool #1
Wolverine #1 (1988 series)

I prefer trades to individual issues but I switched to individual issues because of this issue. Marvel is the worst when it comes to trades. Never waited on an Image trade so I wouldnt know
Image actually takes forever as well.  I'm assuming Vaughn is still doing a great job with Saga?

The New Ms.Marvel is off to a good start as the the girl is trying to balance her families culture with those of her school. A common thing I saw growing up in NY, It seems she got her powers from god but thats unexplained also its gonna end badly.

Also anyone read Sidekick?

New Avengers 14
Avengers A.I. 9
Superior Foes 8
Mighty Avengers 6
Loki 1
Ms. Marvel 1
The Punisher 1
Black Widow 3
Marvel Knights Spidey 5
Invaders 2
Superior Carnage Annual
Painkiller Jane: The Price of Freedom 4

This weeks pick ups

Ms.Marvel #1
Punisher #1
Deadly Class #1
Batman Vengeance of Bane.... Paid 60$ and sent to be graded should easily be a 9.6 or 9.8 with white pages

My pick ups for this week:

Ms. Marvel #1
Punisher #1
Batman: Joker's Daughter #1

Picked up these Punisher variants:

Skottie Young:

Larroca:

The Larroca variant will be worth more later since comic book shops only got 50 copies of this variant.

Also came up on Batman #1, #2, #3 the new 52 1st print variants for $83 shipped off ebay. Batman #1 the new 52 alone is reselling for $80 to $100 bucks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom