OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

I doubt everyone on here is planning on watching it so might as well put spoilers if you're really that desperate to have a discussion. Otherwise you can just go to the official thread, spoilerless discussions happen usually around a week.

ok in that Case..
Not really a movie spoiler but character spoiler.

Who is viper and have we seen her in comics?
and who was the one that was Wolverines "body guard"

how can I get tickets to me York comic con. ???
Unfortunately, theyre all sold out on 3 and 4 day tickets.

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Buy-Tickets/

Some comics I saw at SDCC, crazy how mint they are still.

hiSYnmZh.jpg

Dh9U96Ih.jpg

u7wiMUPh.jpg

Last edited:
^I want to be there when someone drops 120 stacks on a comic. My head would explode.

There is no reason for such foolishness unless you are worth over 150 mill. Even then wtf?

isnt detective comics 27 the first sighting of batman? Apparently it would be worth 3.2 mill if in 9.4 condition or higher

Last edited:
The Wake 1-3
Batman Inc 10-13
GotG 5
Daredevil 29
Venom 38
FF 10
Fearless Defenders
What If? AvX 4
Cap Marvel 14
I-Hulk 11

Got some bargains today.

I used to but I hated waiting. The wait for a story arc to finish was fine but I dont get why marvel takes so long to get a hardcover out. DC is morr timrly about it and the only DC comics I follow are JL, Batman, and Batwoman so I still get those. Im not a huge DC fan so i get arpund to it whent is convienient.

ah ok, i just started getting back into reading comics a few months ago and i usually pick up hardcovers. just curious to see how many people do the same.

anyone get their comics signed? or do you think that ruins the book?

Has anyone read the new 52's Superman/Batman yet? I thought it was pretty decent. I want more. It brings out that *****y/cocky *** side to them that I love

read the first issue...havent picked up the second one yet though. alwyas been a fan of greg pak and jae lee's artwork

Yeah I read it for Pak and Lee as well. It's good. I've read Robinson's Earth 2 book so it's a plus there to get some back story.
ah ok, i just started getting back into reading comics a few months ago and i usually pick up hardcovers. just curious to see how many people do the same.

anyone get their comics signed? or do you think that ruins the book?
Usually no and no to it ruins the book. I feel if you're gonna get it signed you might as well commit to it being in mint condition so the only possible finger prints on the book would be the writer and artist. In that scenario you'd buy extra copies when you actually want to read the book.

Other than that nah.

Last edited:
It depends for me, I usually read the newer stuff that I buy ONCE, then put it away.

The older stuff, from the 60's and early 70s usually just gets thrown in the vault.  I cant bring myself to read those 
frown.gif

I kind of feel like it takes away from the "collectorship" of it all, but I feel like those older ones are all pieces of history...and I'm way too clumsy for my own good!

Back
Top Bottom