OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

I'm dissapointed in Thanos Rising series. Could have been better. Started off strong. It should have been 7-8 issues.

What if AvX was the only good X-Book this week as far as I am concerned. Nova seems like an interesting character.

wait, can thor even really match up to sentry.??
Yeah cuz Thor is the oldest super powered hero in the MU and they don't miss a chance to call him a GOD when they can. He can at least definitely trade blows but In the end Sentry wanted to die cuz the Void was taking over, he let Thor "kill" him, even though I find it stupid to believe that a guy with the power of a million exploding suns could actually die by sending his body in to the sun.

Last edited:
1585668-1414929_world_breaker_hulk_super.png

DA GAWD
pimp.gif

The Marvel Universe is full of people with god like powers as well as gods.

just off the top of my head (without including asgardians)

Reality Benders

She subconsciously took almost all mutants powers away despite being a mutant herself

Marvel's Superman

He destroys planets by simply punching the ground. If my memory is correct he beat Hulk's *** and fought thor but tapped out before there was a clear winner.

And a few people who are potential gods who I won't get into

u talki g about the omega mutants too?

Me? Beyonder is an Inhuman. Franklin is described as "beyond Omega level". Yah just listing people with God like powers. I use Thor as the benchmark. Anyone who can hold their own against Thor or beat him.

Like Star Brand over here casually absorbing Thors Hammer, Hyperion's, Beam and Hulk Punch.

Just read Thor God of Thunder 1-5.

Very well written book!
Agreed, OG Molecule Man was the GOAT of Earthlings in my opinion.

OG Beyonder was the GOAT period.
I pretend nothing! I am SUPREME!! In my native realm I WAS the universe!

Last edited:
Hope yall keeping up with some of the comic sites like comicvine, bleedingcool, or comicbookresources since San Diego Comic Con is officially underway. New stuff was being reported since Thursday.

A lot and I mean A LOT of new info today.

For the stuff I care about, upcoming Deadpool vs. Carnage book, Wolverine Origins 2 by Kieron Gillen and Adam Kubert, Superior Spidey vs. Venom in Nov. (Spidey vs. Scarlet Spider next month btw), Nightcrawler gets a definite focus when Inhumanity starts (possibly a solo or mini), Cataclysm UU event by Bendis and Bagely, and Revolutionary War bringing back some of the Marvel UK heroes in a big way by Andy Lanning in I think Nov. as well.

Image launching a whole slew of new books. I'm digging Black Science among many. The whole TWD 10th anniversary.

Bunch of cool pics out there for yall to check. I'll post some later.

wow deadpool vs carnage. ..not a DP fan but could be interesting. ..

and finally night crawler is getting some love this could be very good

Damn. Just caught up to Guardians and Nova. Great comics. Looks like Marvel has been prepping to "introduce" marvel cosmic universe for a while. Can't wait for Inhumans.

Plus they don't have the rights to use Spider-Man, Wolverine OR The Fantastic Four.

This is set to fail.

I just hope Jon H. Benjamin lands the Rocket Raccoon role in Guardians though, he would be a PERFECT fit :lol:

That deal they had with FOX, and Sony, etc is ******ed (as long as they are using the rights they cant be called back by marvel. We are never going to get a truly great X-Men movie because of that. I hate to admit that they did a really good job with Fantastic 4. Sony is doing a good job with Spiderman so I won't complain but I wish Marvel got all their rights back. Did they seriously not have the foresight to know they would want the rights to their most popular franchises back?

Last edited:
imo I think the only bad marvel movie wss the first hulk...
all the blades have been good. never saw any punishers
and I think I'm the only one who liked the x meb and the wolverine movies

The first hulk sucked. The incredible hulk was awesome. Don't get why no one likes it. Thor is the only bad Marvel published movie but I have high hopes for The Dark World.

The only good X-Men movie is First Class. You have to ignore all the others for it to work. Emma Frost is at least 40 in First class which takes place in the early 60s. Then she is a teenager in Wolverine which takes place in 85. Xavier says Erik helped him build cerebra in X-Men, but in first class Hank had already built it before they showed up in First Class. Also in Wolverine the native american girl has completely different powers than in the comic.

Because superheroes always have different backstories due to continuity issues I can forgive switching background stories if you are at least coherent with it. I cannot forgive switching character personas. I just dont get how people can like the wolverine movies. I hope all x-men films from now on flop so Marvel gets their rights back. I also hope Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are portrayed true to their character in avengers 2

The first hulk sucked. The incredible hulk was awesome. Don't get why no one likes it. Thor is the only bad Marvel published movie but I have high hopes for The Dark World.

The only good X-Men movie is First Class. You have to ignore all the others for it to work. Emma Frost is at least 40 in First class which takes place in the early 60s. Then she is a teenager in Wolverine which takes place in 85. Xavier says Erik helped him build cerebra in X-Men, but in first class Hank had already built it before they showed up in First Class. Also in Wolverine the native american girl has completely different powers than in the comic.

Because superheroes always have different backstories due to continuity issues I can forgive switching background stories if you are at least coherent with it. I cannot forgive switching character personas. I just dont get how people can like the wolverine movies. I hope all x-men films from now on flop so Marvel gets their rights back. I also hope Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are portrayed true to their character in avengers 2
This is why I cant **** with First Class.  Its set in the early 60's, but it mostly includes X-men from the mid 80-s to mid 2000s?  *****

Needless to say Fox ruined that entire franchise. And instead of treating First Class like a reboot they are making another movie that ties First Class Continuity with Original Timeline Continuity. AND THEY ARE CALLING IT DAYS OF FUTURE PAST :smh:

Even if Marvel got the rights back, there is still at least a decade before they can truly reboot the franchise.

Right now I am just glad they are expanding the Cinematic Universe to include Cosmic universe. Nova Prime has been confirmed for Guardians. Maybe we will get a Nova Corps movie along with Inhumans and Thor 3 being set in more than just Earth.

I just started paying attention to their cosmic universe for the first time in a while and they are doing a great job with it.

Last edited:
Needless to say Fox ruined that entire franchise. And instead of treating First Class like a reboot they are making another movie that ties First Class Continuity with Original Timeline Continuity. AND THEY ARE CALLING IT DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
mean.gif

Even if Marvel got the rights back, there is still at least a decade before they can truly reboot the franchise.

Right now I am just glad they are expanding the Cinematic Universe to include Cosmic universe. Nova Prime has been confirmed for Guardians. Maybe we will get a Nova Corps movie along with Inhumans and Thor 3 being set in more than just Earth.

I just started paying attention to their cosmic universe for the first time in a while and they are doing a great job with it.
Fox completely butchered the movies.  I'll probably be 40 by the time I see a real reboot either, oh well...something to do with the kids.

But yeah the cosmic universe is dope, and theres so many powerful people, I just hope they do Thanos justice.  An Inifinity Gauntlet movie would be nuts

I forgot about how horrible Thor was.
hmm.. what was worst, Thor or 1st hulk.
2nd hulk was awesome
I think between that or Captain America was my favorite

Back
Top Bottom