OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

can any one on here recommend me a good comic book series with similar story lines such as batman, wolverine or spiderman? and does any one know if the deadpool vs cable or blade series are worth a look?

Always been a fan of variants but lately I've been kinda going in on ebay and expanding my variant collection :D

All Amazing Spiderman #1 variants on the top row (excuse the glare)

Superior Spiderman #31 , Uncanny X-men #1 and All New Xmen #25

I'm really liking the Scottie Young Variants (Uncanny X-men). I got a few more of those and other stuff coming in next week that i'll post. It can get rather addicting trying to get all the ones you want and trying to win auctions! But luckily they haven't been too expensive.

can any one on here recommend me a good comic book series with similar story lines such as batman, wolverine or spiderman? and does any one know if the deadpool vs cable or blade series are worth a look?
Try Daredevil, Iron Fist, Moon Knight, and Magneto. These are all ongoing series you can buy now that are only like 3-5 issues in so far.

Not sure which DP vs. Cable book you're talking about. There's an upcoming Deadpool vs. X-Force mini and then there was the Deadpool & Cable book which was really good. If it's "versus" in the title it was probably a mini but I'd say it's worth checking out regardless.

If you like how marvel handles vampires and love Blade I'd say yeah his series is worth a look depending on which series you're thinking of reading. He's had comic runs going back to the 70s. Then he was on teams like the Nightstalkers and the Midnight Sons. His most recent book like back in the early 2000s I think was worth checking out.

Last edited:

The Daredevil run starting with Kevin Smith and going into Brain Michael Bendis's run was some of the best stuff Ive ever read.
Never really was into Blade or Deadpool... You can try these stories as well if you havent read them.

Batman - Gates of Gotham , Black Mirror , Hush , The Black Glove and my personal favorites, Court of Owls and City of Owls
Wolverine - Old Man Logan, Enemy of the State , Get Mystique and the run during the Civil War series
Spiderman - Superior Spiderman run was good, The Other , American Son , the run during the Civil War series and right after

Last edited:

Way to narrow it down.. Batman and Spider-man are like opposite ends of the spectrum :lol:

How up to date are you with comics? You want recent stuff or just anything good in the past ten years?

Interlocking MARVEL 100TH ANNIVERSARY Covers Revealed

marvel-100th-anniversary-interlocking-variant-lozano-huge.jpg

Way to narrow it down.. Batman and Spider-man are like opposite ends of the spectrum :lol:

How up to date are you with comics? You want recent stuff or just anything good in the past ten years?
I kinda went for the general similarities between the 3 characters he mentioned right now in the comics. Spidey and Bats are widely different but they go through some similar **** when fighting crime.

Last edited:
My fault lol it was Deadpool and Cable.
I don't mind as long as it's a good read.
I'll look into some of the ones posted^^ Thanks

I saw 9 hardcovers and 1 trade paperback of "The Justice League of America" comics for $55.

Is the Justice League of America series any good ? I enjoyed the cartoon as a kid , but I don't know anything about the comics.

I saw 9 hardcovers and 1 trade paperback of "The Justice League of America" comics for $55.

Is the Justice League of America series any good ? I enjoyed the cartoon as a kid , but I don't know anything about the comics.

I enjoyed them , purchased all 4 volumes to read on my iPad and still go back to them from time to time. Tower of Babel and my favorite alternate timeline story jla #14 won't spoil it but was on point

more and more weeks go by where I pick up nothing, kind of depressing, DC is in shambles, Marvel event I completley lost the thread on.

am I the only one who feels this way?

Some more variants that I picked up:

All Scottie Young Variants

Amazing Spiderman #1
Wolverine #1
Uncanny Avengers #1
AMazing Xmen #1
Daredevil # 1
Avengers #1

Batman Eternal #1 (Wondercon Exclusive)
Batman Eternal #1 Variant
Batman and Robin #1 Variant
Uncanny Avengers #1

Last edited:
more and more weeks go by where I pick up nothing, kind of depressing, DC is in shambles, Marvel event I completley lost the thread on.

am I the only one who feels this way?
Plenty great stuff still out there. I'm still having a good time being all Marvel, even if I wasn't following the ORiginal Sin event.

Always been a fan of variants but lately I've been kinda going in on ebay and expanding my variant collection
happy.gif

All Amazing Spiderman #1 variants on the top row (excuse the glare)

Superior Spiderman #31 , Uncanny X-men #1 and All New Xmen #25

I'm really liking the Scottie Young Variants (Uncanny X-men). I got a few more of those and other stuff coming in next week that i'll post. It can get rather addicting trying to get all the ones you want and trying to win auctions! But luckily they haven't been too expensive.
I love all those ASM #1 variants. Wow.

Does anyone know when Spider-Verse begins? I think I'm going to stop by the comic store and start a saver for that.

yeah... i mean... 4 issues in and no fighting yet... or no clear view of the main villian
and i'm not much of a ms. marvel fan... but i didn't know she can grow big or small :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom