Official Dallas Cowboys [3-3] vs. Philadelphia Eagles [2-4] Game Thread. Eagles Win, 34-7.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

laugh.gif
 so if his career ended Sunday; he would be in?  dude you are so clueless

Let's put this into perspective.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]yrs[/td] [td]gs[/td] [td]c[/td] [td]yds[/td] [td]tds[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Shannon Sharpe[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]139[/td] [td]675[/td] [td]8439[/td] [td]55[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4.9[/td] [td]60.7[/td] [td]0.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jason Witten[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]123[/td] [td]653[/td] [td]7416[/td] [td]39[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]5.3[/td] [td]60.3[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [/tr][/table]
Let's be real.

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

Originally Posted by StillIn729

laugh.gif
 so if his career ended Sunday; he would be in?  dude you are so clueless

Let's put this into perspective.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]yrs[/td] [td]gs[/td] [td]c[/td] [td]yds[/td] [td]tds[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Shannon Sharpe[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]139[/td] [td]675[/td] [td]8439[/td] [td]55[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4.9[/td] [td]60.7[/td] [td]0.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jason Witten[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]123[/td] [td]653[/td] [td]7416[/td] [td]39[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]5.3[/td] [td]60.3[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [/tr][/table]
Let's be real.

so he is Mark Bavaro without a Superbowl if he ended his career Sunday; yeah not getting in.
Ben Coates>Jason Witten and he isn't making the Hall

X factor has to be Miles Austin in this game. Rob Ryan cannot get too cute with the pressure and leave open space in the middle for Vick to run around.

Eagles should take this one if they don't there season will officially be over.... some of y'all probably already believe it is over but i can't count them out yet with all of them playmakers they have

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by polorico

Witten is a 1st ballad HOF at this point no doubt.

not to knock witten.. but there are 8 tight ends in the hall of fame.. how many of those do you think made it to the hall of fame on the 1st BALLOT?

tony gonzalez, gates and witten will and should get in.. only the first seems like a 1st ballot, when you consider shannon sharpe didn't make it on the 1st ballot

Gates and TG will most definitely be first ballot, doesn't matter if Sharpe didn't make it first ballot.  His 3 SB rings shouldn't be that big a difference for Canton either.  I mean what'd he have, 8 or 9 catches in those 3?

^ like i said before "only the first seems like a 1st ballot".. soo even though i think witten and gates will get.. only tony makes it on the 1st ballot

laugh.gif
and I'm saying Gates is in first ballot as well as TG. I don't think they should be compared to Shannon IMO.

^ i don't know if gates makes it in on the first ballot.. just because of the standard these dudes have set and how rigid they are when it comes to them (see chris carter)

as of now, gates is tied for 89th all-time in receptions and 104th in recieving yards

EDIT:
thinking about the guys playing today.. there are only a handful of guys who are no doubt 1st ballot guys.. brady, peyton, gonzalez, LT and ray lewis

Turnovers will decide this game. If Vick throws more INTs, Cowboys win. If Romo throws more INTs, the Eagles win. It's all about the time of possession and # of opportunities to make big plays

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Cowboys looked great on Sunday against that Rams #1 ranked run defense.

Anyway, if the Eagles lose, I honestly think they are done. But for the sake of America, hopefully Vick makes this
game his Madden game and throws for 6 tds, with Romo throwing 6 pick 6s.

72-5 Eagles

You still mad about last year.
grin.gif

SNF cowboys win can't wait.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

One of the things that bothers me most is when people make predictions based solely on stats alone. I'm not saying stats have no place in a sports discussion because they definitely do, but Eagles being #1 in rushing doesn't mean crap, and neither does the Cowboys D being #1 against the rush. It's all about matchups. Whichever team matches up best will win and that's a pretty basic concept. In my opinion, neither of these teams matches up well against the other defensively. The Eagles have 3 talented WRs and a good TE. The Cowboys have 3 talented WRs and a great TE. Neither team has a dominant enough secondary to consistently stop the other team from completing huge passing plays throughout the game. The game won't be decided by more than 7 points

*Waves White Flag
While we might not have a dominant secondary, we do have a secondary that is consistent. 

Rob Ryan's scheme>Castillo's

That has been the biggest difference between last year and this year Cowboys. 

His scheme is all about pressure, which is making the secondary better. 

I wish more people would understand (not saying you) that when you have a good pass rush you make it a lot easier on your CB's, and Safeties. 

These are 6'0'' player less than 200 LBS that have to run along these 6'2''+ 220 pound (Average NFL Receiver)! 

Of course they are over-matched. 
ohwell.gif

This is where the Cowboys defense has advantage in my opinion, due to their constant blitzing and scheme to get to the QB or just push the O-Line back! 

What's wrong with the Eagles is that awful Zone Coverage. 

If you're only going to rush 4, and drop back 7 why not be in man coverage?! 
indifferent.gif

No disrespect but y'all DC is just clueless at times.

3 great corners who's strength's are man coverage are playing zone? 

Come on man! 
tired.gif

^ I agree. I don't think its going to be shootout like everyone thinks. Nor will either team blow the other out. Its going to be cold, and plus its a night game. Like you said, the Boys have the defense and personnel to keep Vick and those WRs in check. And they can stop the run without putting 8 in the box. But on the flip side, the Eagles have a good pass rush and good corners, so they can do somethings to the Cowboys pass game. The way to attack them is run right at them. Can the Boys do that is the question? If the Cowboys can run the ball well, they got the win. If Shady McCoy gets going, I think the Eagles win. 

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

One of the things that bothers me most is when people make predictions based solely on stats alone. I'm not saying stats have no place in a sports discussion because they definitely do, but Eagles being #1 in rushing doesn't mean crap, and neither does the Cowboys D being #1 against the rush. It's all about matchups. Whichever team matches up best will win and that's a pretty basic concept. In my opinion, neither of these teams matches up well against the other defensively. The Eagles have 3 talented WRs and a good TE. The Cowboys have 3 talented WRs and a great TE. Neither team has a dominant enough secondary to consistently stop the other team from completing huge passing plays throughout the game. The game won't be decided by more than 7 points

*Waves White Flag
While we might not have a dominant secondary, we do have a secondary that is consistent. 
Uhhh....Newman, Ball, Sensabaugh, and Scandrick all get torched day in and day out. Jenkins is the only consistent guy,
and even he's been injured here and there.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

*Waves White Flag
Uhhh....Newman, Ball, Sensabaugh, and Scandrick all get torched day in and day out. Jenkins is the only consistent guy,
and even he's been injured here and there.
He's only been injured the first what two-three games? 
eyes.gif

Let's see, Newman got a pick on Brady.

Ball has been playing well taking over Newman's spot when he was injured.

Sensabaugh might not look all that but he did have a position change to FS which he doesn't look horrible doing. 

Scandrick well let's say he shut down Welker!

Scandrick held Wes Welker to six catches and a season-low 45 yards. Cornerback Orlando Scandrick was the defensive back assigned to Welker all afternoon by Dallas defensive coordinator Rob Ryan. 

Get out of here clown! 
grin.gif

Only reason y'all are even in the race is 'cause Manning is hurt! 
laugh.gif

Colts would have spanked y'all twice! 

Originally Posted by LB81986

^ I agree. I don't think its going to be shootout like everyone thinks. Nor will either team blow the other out. Its going to be cold, and plus its a night game. Like you said, the Boys have the defense and personnel to keep Vick and those WRs in check. And they can stop the run without putting 8 in the box. But on the flip side, the Eagles have a good pass rush and good corners, so they can do somethings to the Cowboys pass game. The way to attack them is run right at them. Can the Boys do that is the question? If the Cowboys can run the ball well, they got the win. If Shady McCoy gets going, I think the Eagles win. 

Do I believe that the Cowboys can run the ball on the Eagles? 
Of course!

Not 'cause of Murray's 250 yard game, but because our O-Line has got bigger with the Cowboys signing Holland at LG who's a big upgrade over Nagy. 

You need two good Guards to help pull and take on LB's for the run game. 

Also, we have our Fullback Fiametta healthy and he was the lead blocker for both Williams and Stewart of the Panthers. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't both of them 1,000+ Yard Rushers? 
happy.gif

Jerry Jones even said we haven't had this type of FB since "Moose". 

the cowboys hate is sick

you guys highlight what you want.

boys gonna find a way for that W 2morrow.

EAGLES 24-21 gonna be a close 1.... vick will run 1 in, Mccoy will run 1 in and ether deshawn or maclin will get td. They will kick the field goal for the win... dallas... murray will get 1 td. dez will get a td. romo wil sneak 1 in.

Originally Posted by CLuTcH 713

Gonna miss the first 3 quarters of action due to work
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

But will be the watching the 4th.
pimp.gif

Good to know fam'! 
smokin.gif

Anyways, ready for this match up! 

Let's go Cowboys! 
happy.gif

Got 2 Xanax on deck because I know this game is going to piss me off. The Cowboys aren't a very good team, but they are a good team, and the Eagles suck. I stick by my previous prognostication, Boys by 2 touchdowns.

Let's keep this ball rolling. ANDY OUT!

Dion Lewis Inactive tonight, got in a minor car accident this morning. Looks like Ronnie Brown will be returning kicks...

Back
Top Bottom