Official Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants 2012 NFL Kickoff Game Thread

i feel u on that..idk about flyer than delta, or his reasoning for liking his squads...

but i like the squads my grandpops liked (boys/lakers/mets)

Oh, no doubt. Everyone has their fanhood story...I grew up a Laker fan in the bay area. Got plenty of **** for it too man, but I live in SoCal now and I blend right in. And I totally understand it if you don't have a hometown team. I'm hardly criticizing those guys who root for teams outside their hometowns. Hell, I'm one of them. But if ALL your teams are outside your hometown and are super successful, I call shenanigans.

Same here, especially since there are a quite of few people on here who start adding teams to their sigs, yet didn't know any of the players on the team the previous years. Like Wayne being a Hornets/Packers/Heat/Mavericks/Lakers/Thunder fan.

Last edited:
Like Wayne being a Hornets/Packers/Heat/Mavericks/Lakers/Thunder fan.

Him and Snoop should be ashamed. And then Wayne has the never to claim he's ALWAYS been a Packer fan... :rolleyes

"Rome (Romo) wasn't built in a day."

"What's stopping a Cowboys vs. Pats, Super Bowl?"

"Vote JPP for Pro Bowl O-lineman."

I'll be honest, one of the best things about being a Cowboys fan is the hate. Its so much fun to see people get so worked up over us especially since we haven't won a SB in 15 years (although the Giants drought was longer than that). I was reading this article prior to yesterdays game on why New Yorkers hate the Cowboys so much and man did that journalist go into GREAT detail.

"The Dallas Cowboys and New York Giants are enemies. It's natural, of course, because they've been division rivals for decades. But the enmity New Yorkers have for the Cowboys runs deeper than just sharing the NFC East. Giants fans hate the Philadelphia Eagles and Washington ********, too, but the Cowboys? That hatred's on a whole other level. And it's not just Giants fans -- Dallas is both the most beloved and most loathed team in football."

Its great! :smokin

Last edited:
 i feel u on that..idk about flyer than delta, or his reasoning for liking his squads...

Oh, no doubt. Everyone has their fanhood story...I grew up a Laker fan in the bay area. Got plenty of **** for it too man, but I live in SoCal now and I blend right in. And I totally understand it if you don't have a hometown team. I'm hardly criticizing those guys who root for teams outside their hometowns. Hell, I'm one of them. But if ALL your teams are outside your hometown and are super successful, I call shenanigans.

Same here, especially since there are a quite of few people on here who start adding teams to their sigs, yet didn't know any of the players on the team the previous years. Like Wayne being a Hornets/Packers/Heat/Mavericks/Lakers/Thunder fan.

You have 2 football and 3 basketball teams in your sig, and you're calling shenanigans.
How does that work?

I'll be honest, one of the best things about being a Cowboys fan is the hate. Its so much fun to see people get so worked up over us especially since we haven't won a SB in 15 years (although the Giants drought was longer than that). I was reading this article prior to yesterdays game on why New Yorkers hate the Cowboys so much and man did that journalist go into GREAT detail.

"The Dallas Cowboys and New York Giants are enemies. It's natural, of course, because they've been division rivals for decades. But the enmity New Yorkers have for the Cowboys runs deeper than just sharing the NFC East. Giants fans hate the Philadelphia Eagles and Washington ********, too, but the Cowboys? That hatred's on a whole other level. And it's not just Giants fans -- Dallas is both the most beloved and most loathed team in football."

Its great! :smokin

That's the article ? What great detail are you talking about?

^^ No. That was the beginning of the article. Didn't know anyone was really interested in the whole thing.

You have 2 football and 3 basketball teams in your sig, and you're calling shenanigans.
How does that work?

Hometown/Homestate teams that I was born (Seattle) and raised in (Houston/Texas). David Robinson & Tim Duncan made me a Spurs fan. The Rockets and Texans are Houston teams. The Seahawks are a current NFL team in Seattle, and the Sonics eventually will be back in Seattle. That enough explanation?

Hometown/Homestate teams that I was born (Seattle) and raised in (Houston/Texas). David Robinson & Tim Duncan made me a Spurs fan. The Rockets and Texans are Houston teams. The Seahawks are a current NFL team in Seattle, and the Sonics eventually will be back in Seattle. That enough explanation?

I'm a fan of those three... So what of it...

When I became a Yankee fan early 90s.. It wasn't fun to be a Yankee fan.. I'm also from New York (So no brainer there)

When I became a Cowboys fan in early 90s.. It was good. But this past decade has been brutal. (This came from my grandma who was huge on the 70s America's team Cowboys.. First gift she ever gave me was a mini-Troy Aikman football. Second Halloween costumes I chose was Deion Sanders. First one was The Undertaker (I was bad ***)

When I became a Laker fan late 90s. It was only because Jordan left, and I couldn't bare to watch a Jordan-less Bulls team.. Hell I was 9. I became a basketball fan in 96 and like most people who became new fans in the 90s, they chose the Bulls because of Jordan. After Jordan left I had no attachment to that team at all, especially how they did the entire team before the 99 season. I chose the Lakers because of Kobe.

I've always hated the Giants, Bills & Jets.. ... I dislike the Knicks..

Frontrunners are more apt to switching their teams frequently... They'll argue one team one year, then swear by another the next year... If someone consistently argues for 1 team.. You can't really call it front running because you have no basis for assuming when they become fans. If they unexpectedly change teams then there's your proof

How does that work?

Rhetorical, my man. No matter your ties part of having a team is the exclusive aspect.
You have no grounds to try and bash another person's fanhood.

Back
Top Bottom