Official Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants 2012 NFL Kickoff Game Thread

Honestly that last holding call on Witten was prob a blessing. I don't see Dallas picking up the first down on the ground and it force them to do something that was working all night. Throwing to ogletree.

as a patriots fan it felt good seeing yall lucky ******* lose....feels good man....wish much failure to your franchise .....

GOD BRADY 3 time super bowl champ 

Good game Cowboys... 
nthat.gif
  liking what i see

Amen. Shame on the Packers and Patriots for allowing such a clown team to get by them in the playoffs. :smh:

Comments like these blow my mind. We SMASHED the best team in the NFL but that's getting by? We got by SF which was probably the best team at that time. Then we beat one of the best QBs and head coaches of all time for the second time in the Super Bowl but we got by

Good game.

We'll see who's there at the end of the season.

Comments like these blow my mind. We SMASHED the best team in the NFL but that's getting by? We got by SF which was probably the best team at that time. Then we beat one of the best QBs and head coaches of all time for the second time in the Super Bowl but we got by
No matter how much they try, they can't argue against the two rings.

Last edited:
The Romo hate is ridiculous. He gets no praise for doing what he did today. But I gurantee you, if he turns the ball in the 4th quarter, you'd see the "He cant win in big game situations."
The logic of this forum is amazing. "Big game" situations only apply to when Romo screws up i.e. Jets game last season, Lions game last season. But him making the necessary plays to get us to win in the 4th quarter (49ers last year, Dolphins last year, Cardinals last year, Giants last year and this year) aren't considered "big game" situations. You dudes are friggin clowns. Colin Cowherd said it best:
"Football fans aren't bright and are the only ones that criticize Tony Romo. Actual coaches and players [in the NFL} praise Tony Romo."
Come on, man. People aren't making up that he's choked in big moments more than he's come up big. He has a history of failing in big moments. He won a big game to open the season against the Superbowl champions. He's still got some work to do to erase his failures.

And LOL @ quoting Colin Cowherd.

:pimp: Always a beautiful morning after a Cowboys win!

Yeah it's just one game, but despite all the crap that comes his way, Romo totally did his thing last night. We all know if the game went the other way it would just be an onslaught of "same old Cowboys" and "Romo chokes" talk, so I (along with the other Dallas fans) will savor this one. This team still had the glaring problems though:
-everyone knew the O-line was bad, and it showed lsat night
-penalties. Again. :x Can't always be digging themselves out of a hole, and another one, and another...
-letting that play clock run down and either getting flagged or forced to burn a timout. Again.

Got the rest of the season (and hopefully playoffs) to prove they're not the perennial underachievers, looking forward to it!

Last edited:
Amen. Shame on the Packers and Patriots for allowing such a clown team to get by them in the playoffs. :smh:

Not sure what that has to do with my comment but ok

Game was slow to start but ended up being good to watch. Romo and his spins are very effective to elude pressure

I had a great time at the game last night. Thanks to the tailgaters in parking lot K2 that showed hospitality. Giants fans really know how to pregame and have a good time, and the production team inside the stadium kept the crowd going with good music all night. Two many penalties by Dallas last night, #77 is going to be running laps all week. The Giants had their chances but not being able to get a touchdown from Romo's interception hurt them badly. Miles Austin straight sonned the Giants secondary with that catch, and Cruz obviously killed some of the Giants momentum with those drops. Overall, I had a great experience, and hopefully I will go back sometime soon.

A friend of mine [******** fan] always brings this up, only thing people will remember is who won the Superbowl that year.

You have to remember, ******** fans don't have alot to live or cheer for so any little victory they get matters to them alot. In their minds (******* fans) they think of themselves as the Super Bowl champs of last year since they beat the Giants twice. That's just how the minds of alot of Skins fans operate, trust me I know I live around them.

GOD BRADY 3 time super bowl champ

S4L ethered y'all :lol: .
No one is safe though :wow:

Make the soul burn slow...

That Monday (Thursday) after a cowboys win...its the sweetest thing next to getting new p...

Can't wait to clock in..so much ish to talk to EVERYONE..lol..and of course collection day..

:pimp:

Lol @ Patriots fans tryna score points in here. Gmen OWN you. Indefinitely. The pretty boy Brady's legacy is muddied and you have us to thank for that. I know that has your souls burning. It's alright though. We'd be more than happy to give ya'll a third crack at it.

I agree with you but what is this about last year?

In the first Giants game, Romo marched us down the field in 42 seconds with no timeouts and put us in field goal position to win the game. Dan Bailey nails the FG but Couglin "iced" him. He kicks again, and its blocked by JPP. My point is that Romo has led us to comebacks more often than people choose to remember because it doesn't suit their agenda.

Come on, man. People aren't making up that he's choked in big moments more than he's come up big. He has a history of failing in big moments. He won a big game to open the season against the Superbowl champions. He's still got some work to do to erase his failures.
And LOL @ quoting Colin Cowherd.

"People" are fans, such as those on this forum, who watch too much ESPN. We can play a game of "Romo choking" vs "Romo coming back." If you want, you can list all the times he's "choked" in the 4th quarter, and I can go ahead and list all the times he's put us position to win. His QB rating in the 4th quarter isn't 102.3 for no reason.

Do people forget how Romo was so feared if his "comebacks" that Brian Westbrooke purposefully pissed off Fantasy owners by not going into the end zone because he quote "Didn't want to give the ball back to Romo" so he purposfully stopped at the 1 yard line which allowed the eagles to drain the clock? People have selective memory and choose to go with whatever suits their agenda. Unfortunately for Romo, nothing can be done to change this besides winning a SB. And even when he does, he'll probably get the Lebron treatment of "You should be winning multiple rings with the talent around you."

Last edited:
Great win for the Cowboys but I felt part of it was because the Gmen were playing a little sloppy to begin with. (dropped balls and the fumble) :lol:
Our oline seemed to crumble on every play :x
Romo and Ogletree came through on that third conversion and could be easily nominated as the best play of the game :smokin
but one mistake could of changed the outcome of the game :smh:
Hope we don't become over confident because this win and lose steam as the season goes on.
This season looks very promising :smokin :smokin

edit: oh and our defense :smokin

Last edited:
romo is a choke artist, get over it, non blind cowboys fans see it, superbowls aren't won during the regular season , big **** highest rated 4th quarter QB? What has that gotten you? I'll wait.

The yearly problem Dallas has with penalties will hold that team back if they get into the postseason...

I didnt really see anything different between these 2 teams week 1 that we dont see every year

Back
Top Bottom