Official Dallas Mavericks @ San Antonio Spurs, ESPN. 5 PST/8EST. Vol: INTERSTATE RIVALRY FTW.

The Mavericks make the Conference Finals every two years, and after two first round bounces, we're coming back..
pimp.gif

2003 could have been our year if Dirk hadn't gotten injured in the Conference Finals, but that was the past.

This is now, we have the upper-hand, we won the last time we met in the Playoffs, they don't have Manu, we're 2-1 when Manu isn't playing, we gotmomentum, all our guys are playing very well, LETS GET IT.

bannerspurs.jpg

dallasroadgame.png

sanantonio.png

regseasonmeetingsspurs.png

keymatchupsspurs.png

seasonleadersmavsvspurs.png

rocketsgame.png

playoffpicture.png

pimp.gif

Best rivalry in basketball right now...
pimp.gif

Let's get it goin...

prob going to miss the first half, will be at oyster bake but def going to check the second half.
Come on spurs, need fin to keep up his shooting, rog and goden to step it up for the playoffs
Nice avy nowit, saw it at st

Da spurs is the team to beat, if u wanna get to the finals...Yea dey might b old & got a few players injured, But it's something aboutdem...
nerd.gif
there the team to BEAT in the west!!!!

^ I wouldn't go as far as saying that. I'm a Spurs fan but without Ginobili, I honestly do not see ourselves as the team to beat in the west. As muchas I hate to admit, once Manu went out, the team to beat became the Lakers. As far as this series goes, I got the spurs in 6. You guys tend to forget that Popsknows the Mavs by heart! Remember that coaching is one the most important factors in the playoffs! We have the upper hand by having Pop in our side. I'msure he is going to figure out a way to hide our weakness.
pimp.gif

Fun fact #1: In the WCF 2003 Mavs VS Spurs Game 1, there were 98 FT's in that game, 50 from the Mavericks and 48 from the Spurs.
sick.gif

(Mavericks were 49/50, Eduardo Najera missed the only FT, while the Spurs went 31/48).
49 points off FT's..
sick.gif

Fun fat #2: The Mavericks got to the WCF with a roster of Nash, Finley, Dirk, NVE, and then a HUGE DROP-OFF talent.. Walt Williams, Raef LaFrentz, pre-SunsRaja Bell, Tariq Abdul-Wahad, Adrian Griffin, Shawn "Poster," Bradley, Eddy Najera....
sick.gif
Eddy was that dude for a while, but still,
sick.gif

Should be a dandy.

DAL is CRAZY hot while SAS are getting old.

But somehow these dudes always find a way to win.

Tony Parker FTW
pimp.gif

Heading off to work now, gotta get ready..

GO MAVS!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Can't wait to get off and hear the good news.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Fun fact #1: In the WCF 2003 Mavs VS Spurs Game 1, there were 98 FT's in that game, 50 from the Mavericks and 48 from the Spurs.
sick.gif

(Mavericks were 49/50, Eduardo Najera missed the only FT, while the Spurs went 31/48).
49 points off FT's..
sick.gif

Fun fat #2: The Mavericks got to the WCF with a roster of Nash, Finley, Dirk, NVE, and then a HUGE DROP-OFF talent.. Walt Williams, Raef LaFrentz, pre-Suns Raja Bell, Tariq Abdul-Wahad, Adrian Griffin, Shawn "Poster," Bradley, Eddy Najera....
sick.gif
Eddy was that dude for a while, but still,
sick.gif

Walt Williams was a beast, don't sleep. It was amazing his entire career even dating back to high school, he had been a guy limited to pretty much standingon the weak side waiting for kickouts, and hitting 40% from 3, then we get him when he's late 30s and all of a sudden he decides he wants to start dunkingon people. This dude dunked on Desmond Mason... backwards!! Also one thing that team had in spades that they lack now, is toughness, physicaly and mentally.Some of those dudes, Walt included, were damn near thugs.

That incarnation of Raja Bell for example, wasn't the flopping pansy we see now, but an overly aggressive combo guard who didn't take *!$@ fromanybody. He outrighted intimidated some dudes from even trying to score on him, ask Bobby Jackson.
laugh.gif
Griffin used to routinely lock Kobe up for the first 3 quarters, thenNelly's dumb @$% would go zone or put Finley on him and Kobe goes 8 for 8 in the 4th for like 23pts and the whole effort is wasted.

I like our mentality right now though, we have guys stepping up, JET and Dampier are breaking out of their shells, Dampier ain't taking no crap from no oneif Rick decides the match-ups are right. Bass, Singleton and Wright are all hard-nosed guys, this team has definitely taking a huge leap FORWARD in terms oftoughness since the early post-Nash era. Raja was good and everything, but I just look at those guys and remember back to our team, they just don't standout to me. Maybe it's because I didn't follow them as intensely as I do now, but I really love our team.

NOW I'm going to work, GO MAVS!

Back
Top Bottom