*Official Detroit Lions Thread*

Man I can't wait for this season..We may have a chance to make some noise finally..We need to pick up some pieces in the Secondary and we can be looking at something special..My girl might be able to pull some suite tickets for the Monday Night game..I would be so stoked..either way I'm there for that game..

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Soooo pumped.  Like every day I get more and more excited.  Especially listening to the Ticket every day to and from work.
laugh.gif

I've come to terms with us not getting Nnamdi.  As sweet as it would be I don't think we can spend that much.  He's gonna get overpaid anyway. 

I'd like to see us pick up Cromartie and Mark Herzlich.  I feel like MH is one of those guys that goes undrafted and ends up having a long solid career.  His story and work ethic definitely fit the mold for Detroit, too.  I also know it probably won't happen, but having Calvin and Ochocinco with Titus in the slot would be disgusting
sick.gif
especially if Jahvid can stay healthy and play like he did in the first half of last season.

Also, I feel Schwartz has a very very good chance of winning coach of the year. 
pimp.gif
Only thing stopping him is if Nnamdi goes to Philly IMO
I agree with Nnamdi, if we got him that would it for our free agency, plus we still need to sign Cliff Avril back.  I would like to get Cromartie or Jonathan Joseph and Tulloch for mlb so we can move Levy to the outside.  I am pumped for the season, hopefully Lions make a few splashes in the next few days at the CB and LB positions.  And Ocho would be
pimp.gif
  We need a bigger threat opposite of Calvin than Burleson

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Soooo pumped.  Like every day I get more and more excited.  Especially listening to the Ticket every day to and from work.
laugh.gif

I've come to terms with us not getting Nnamdi.  As sweet as it would be I don't think we can spend that much.  He's gonna get overpaid anyway. 

I'd like to see us pick up Cromartie and Mark Herzlich.  I feel like MH is one of those guys that goes undrafted and ends up having a long solid career.  His story and work ethic definitely fit the mold for Detroit, too.  I also know it probably won't happen, but having Calvin and Ochocinco with Titus in the slot would be disgusting
sick.gif
especially if Jahvid can stay healthy and play like he did in the first half of last season.

Also, I feel Schwartz has a very very good chance of winning coach of the year. 
pimp.gif
Only thing stopping him is if Nnamdi goes to Philly IMO
I agree with Nnamdi, if we got him that would it for our free agency, plus we still need to sign Cliff Avril back.  I would like to get Cromartie or Jonathan Joseph and Tulloch for mlb so we can move Levy to the outside.  I am pumped for the season, hopefully Lions make a few splashes in the next few days at the CB and LB positions.  And Ocho would be
pimp.gif
  We need a bigger threat opposite of Calvin than Burleson

I would take Jonathan Joseph and tulloch to start. Josh Wilson and Quincy Black would be decent second tier talent that we desperately need. So glad Bryant "paddle hands" Johnson is getting cut. tired of him dropping so many easy catches...
Edit. Saw Q Black signed a $29 million dollars over 5 years with $11.5 dollars of guaranteed money. 
mad.gif

I would take Jonathan Joseph and tulloch to start. Josh Wilson and Quincy Black would be decent second tier talent that we desperately need. So glad Bryant "paddle hands" Johnson is getting cut. tired of him dropping so many easy catches...
Edit. Saw Q Black signed a $29 million dollars over 5 years with $11.5 dollars of guaranteed money. 
mad.gif

So far we have re-signed Wendling, Stanton, and Rayner. Hopefully we can get a deal done with Avril soon too, I feel like he's right on the cusp of having a real big season. Nmamdi more then likely isn't going to happen at this point, so I rather focus on Joseph and Tulloch (who we have already offered a deal, let's see if he'll take it). I think Levy would be so much better if he was moved to OLB, his game is so much better suited for that.

So far we have re-signed Wendling, Stanton, and Rayner. Hopefully we can get a deal done with Avril soon too, I feel like he's right on the cusp of having a real big season. Nmamdi more then likely isn't going to happen at this point, so I rather focus on Joseph and Tulloch (who we have already offered a deal, let's see if he'll take it). I think Levy would be so much better if he was moved to OLB, his game is so much better suited for that.

They are saying Avril will be resigned but not right now. I am just worried about the back 7. obviously the front 4 (the silver crush
grin.gif
) is fine. I would even see what Huff and C. Rogers can do with a lower offer and Gunther coaching them up.

They are saying Avril will be resigned but not right now. I am just worried about the back 7. obviously the front 4 (the silver crush
grin.gif
) is fine. I would even see what Huff and C. Rogers can do with a lower offer and Gunther coaching them up.

What up, new to niketalk and all this optimism is making me nervous. You got Peter King talkin "Lions might go to the Superbowl". Am I missing something, don't we still have nobody at LB? The odds in Vegas moving from 75 to 1 to 18 to 1??

What up, new to niketalk and all this optimism is making me nervous. You got Peter King talkin "Lions might go to the Superbowl". Am I missing something, don't we still have nobody at LB? The odds in Vegas moving from 75 to 1 to 18 to 1??

LOL well its been a loooooooooooong time since this team was the slightest bit respectable. (95 season). Being a life long Lions fan I know I have to temper my excitement until I see it with my own eyes. Last time we were hyped to do something is the 2005 season when we had Joey, Roy, and Kevin Jones.

LOL well its been a loooooooooooong time since this team was the slightest bit respectable. (95 season). Being a life long Lions fan I know I have to temper my excitement until I see it with my own eyes. Last time we were hyped to do something is the 2005 season when we had Joey, Roy, and Kevin Jones.

papi chulo wrote:
Josh Wilson to the Skins $13.5 million with $6 million guaranteed

I wanted the Lions to take a shot at him. cross one off the list for CB. Now the short list is Jonathan Joseph, Cro, and C. Rog

papi chulo wrote:
Josh Wilson to the Skins $13.5 million with $6 million guaranteed

I wanted the Lions to take a shot at him. cross one off the list for CB. Now the short list is Jonathan Joseph, Cro, and C. Rog

Hoping at this point Tulloch accepts the offer and we can bring in Joseph and then another corner like Cro or Rogers. Imagine how much of a difference that would be if we were able to sign 2 out of those 3 corners and get a solid MLB
pimp.gif

Hoping at this point Tulloch accepts the offer and we can bring in Joseph and then another corner like Cro or Rogers. Imagine how much of a difference that would be if we were able to sign 2 out of those 3 corners and get a solid MLB
pimp.gif

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Detroit reached agreement with former Jaguars linebacker Justin Durant on a two-year deal.

One down 2 to go

1. Jonathan Joseph
2. Stephen Tulloch

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Detroit reached agreement with former Jaguars linebacker Justin Durant on a two-year deal.

One down 2 to go

1. Jonathan Joseph
2. Stephen Tulloch

I like Durant. Health being key to him having a huge year behind that front 4.

Tulloch and Joseph would be so nice.

Need some insurance on the OL too.

I like Durant. Health being key to him having a huge year behind that front 4.

Tulloch and Joseph would be so nice.

Need some insurance on the OL too.

The Lions have reportedly dropped out of the running for free agent MLB Stephen Tulloch.

Tulloch should've taken Detroit's $6 million-a-year offer with $10 million guaranteed when he had the opportunity. We wouldn't expect him to get more elsewhere. The Lions moved on when they were able to secure Justin Durant late Wednesday night. The Eagles have some interest, and they just got some leverage. Jul 28, 10:10 AM

So that's surprising...

Add my to the official NT Lions fan list

The Lions have reportedly dropped out of the running for free agent MLB Stephen Tulloch.

Tulloch should've taken Detroit's $6 million-a-year offer with $10 million guaranteed when he had the opportunity. We wouldn't expect him to get more elsewhere. The Lions moved on when they were able to secure Justin Durant late Wednesday night. The Eagles have some interest, and they just got some leverage. Jul 28, 10:10 AM

So that's surprising...

Add my to the official NT Lions fan list

That is surprising. Durant and Levy are the only 2 NFL talents LBs on the team. Barbie Carpenter sure isn't. Maybe Ashlee Plamer will get some run. That dude loves to hit.

That is surprising. Durant and Levy are the only 2 NFL talents LBs on the team. Barbie Carpenter sure isn't. Maybe Ashlee Plamer will get some run. That dude loves to hit.

Back
Top Bottom