Official: Detroit Pistons vs Philadelphia 76ers - Game 1 Post

Originally Posted by and1play5

I think it's hilarious that people think we will get man handled, doubters prepare for tomorrow...philly in six!

You're close, THIS ^^^ is hilarious
roll.gif

But, I will give you this, those Philly Kids can ball, and if they continue at this pace they WILL be a problem in the east in a couple years. Thad Young isstill only 19
sick.gif
, bright future.

But for the time being, I got Detroit in 6, I give Philly two games based on pure hustle and athleticism, but that is all, Detroit is still the better team byfar. But Philly can ball, 6 games, and this occasional "Andre Miller is the best pg in the East right now" talk can all be put to rest
pimp.gif

C'mon Fresh, if Detroit plays their game this could easily be a sweep.

I give the Sixers one game....I would be surprised as hell if the Sixers win two games (just my honest opinion).

You should change the avy to a Pistons logo.
laugh.gif

I think it's a little ridiculous that this GS fan made this thread.

Anyway, I think the Sixers have the OPPORTUNITY to really surprise some people in this series. As someone who has watched probably 60% of their games thisseason, the Sixers have a legitimate chance of making this a 7 game series. I'm not saying they are going to win, but they have the talent to win. Withthat being said, the Sixers closed the season in terrible fashion. If they continue to play like they did over the last week six games (minus the win over thePistons), they are going to get swept.

Andre Miller needs to continue playing like the top tier point guard he is. When he does that, it completely opens up the Sixers offense. Ever since Stefanskicame in, the Sixers went from a half court set offense to an explosive run-and-gun team. The Sixers need to keep these games up pace which I know is extremelydifficult against Detroit. If the Sixers fall into a half court game with scores in the 70's and 80's, they have no chance. They need to be in 100+point games.

It will also be interesting to see how guys like Lou Williams, Thad Young, and Jason Smith handle their first playoff experience. This is also Iguodala'sfirst playoff series as the real focal point of the team. He didn't have much of a role three years ago.

With all that being said, I'll be a realist and say the Pistons take this series, but it will take 7 games.

Sixers shock the world and take game 1.

Sixers 106
Pistons 101

^no we will win game 1 and the series...the main reason they beat us in the last two series were the big matchup problems...i don't see any except forrasheed and he is not gonna score 45...philly in six or seven

can't give up offensive rebounds...billups grabbed his leg on the dunk too...I like how we are playing

I'm liking this early pace. Definitely plays into the Sixers favor.

Hopefully the Pistons don't go to a Hack-a-Reggie defense.

Rough end to the quarter. Sixers need to come out strong to start the 2nd. Can't have a hangover.

we ended badly, dalembert is really far under the rim for rebounds...we just push the pace more and attack the rim, damn that hamilton

Thad on the bench was crucial in this pistons run, why replace the guy who is making shots and having the most energy for evans
ohwell.gif

Fun 1st quarter, like I said earlier, Thad Young only being 19...... PROBLEM!

But, that being said, the Pistons showed up as expected, lackadaisical and disrespecting of their first round opponent, and I think Young and Green surprisedAntonio and Rip, they seemed to realize these ARE NBA players about 8 minutes in though, and looked better after that.

Watch out for Stuckey and Maxiell in the 2nd though. Our youngs WILL NOT come out slow
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom