**official DEXTER thread** Season 6 starts oct 2nd on showtime** TONIGHT**1 HOUR 30 MINS**

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by Big J 33

This was a good episode?

I was just left saying "meh" afterwards. They set up the religious aspect, gave us the villains who while creepy don't instill fear or much mystery to me initially, and we have Quinn nervous to propose to Deb.. how interesting. Dex at the reunion was funny at times but it was all very average for me.

I guess I can blame myself for watching this after the most recent Breaking Bad... so Dexter was going to be pretty boring in comparison. I'll hold out hope I enjoy it more throughout the season, but after last season I think Dexter is definitely going downhill in regards to quality. It will still be among the better dramas on TV, but it's in a clear 2nd tier compared to others.
It was only a matter of time before nt'ers started to dis Dexter; I guess with Entourage being over you guys need something new to hate on.

It was a good season premier and
laugh.gif
 @ Dexter going downhill in regards to quality. I swear you guys are never pleased, do us all a favor and stay out of the Dexter season thread from here on out. Stick to Breaking Bad and other Tier 1 shows.

Dexter has been getting progressively worse since Season 1............................Period...........

First 2 seasons were off the book, so there was some consistecy to it...............After Season 2, its been crap, they've been trying to humanize this guy in his mid 30's...........Cmon...........

BTW, I know this came off the book, but you cant have a blood splatter analysis dealing with the technology they deal with picking up his cellphone after murdering someone.........

Originally Posted by gambit215

Originally Posted by Big J 33

This was a good episode?

I was just left saying "meh" afterwards. They set up the religious aspect, gave us the villains who while creepy don't instill fear or much mystery to me initially, and we have Quinn nervous to propose to Deb.. how interesting. Dex at the reunion was funny at times but it was all very average for me.

I guess I can blame myself for watching this after the most recent Breaking Bad... so Dexter was going to be pretty boring in comparison. I'll hold out hope I enjoy it more throughout the season, but after last season I think Dexter is definitely going downhill in regards to quality. It will still be among the better dramas on TV, but it's in a clear 2nd tier compared to others.
It was only a matter of time before nt'ers started to dis Dexter; I guess with Entourage being over you guys need something new to hate on.

laugh.gif
 @ Dexter going downhill in regards to quality. I swear you guys are never pleased, do us all a favor and stay out of the Dexter season thread from here on out. Stick to Breaking Bad and other Tier 1 shows.

Dexter has been getting progressively worse since Season 1............................Period...........

First 2 seasons were off the book, so there was some consistecy to it...............After Season 2, its been crap, they've been trying to humanize this guy in his mid 30's...........Cmon...........

BTW, I know this came off the book, but you cant have a blood splatter analysis dealing with the technology they deal with picking up his cellphone after murdering someone.........
are you insane?: season 5 was ehhh, season 4 was hands down the best season...

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by gambit215

laugh.gif

are you insane?: season 5 was ehhh, season 4 was hands down the best season...

It's all good but it feels redundant. I think they need to have a solid end date (like season 6) so they can make a story that revolves around it.

[h1]
[h1]And now Dexter might not continue because of money[/h1]

dexter_jpg_627x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

By Sean O'Neal October 4, 2011

Adding to today's crushing revelations that most people in the entertainment industry are in it for the money, yet another contract stalemate has broken out on a show that many feel is already past its creative prime: Deadline reports that negotiations have stalled between Showtime and Michael C. Hall over his doing another season of Dexter—which is absolutely necessary, considering the fact that they’re even looking to do one pretty much confirms that the current season will once again end with Dexter’s coworkers and family no closer to figuring out that he’s a serial killer. SPOILZ ALERTZ. The network is now looking to drag that inevitable conclusion out over as many as two more seasons, but Hall is reportedly balking at continuing unless he receives $24 million for both. Instead, Showtime has offered him $20 million, which would still make him one of the highest-paid actors on cable, but alas, wouldn’t net him that $4 million pool shaped like a butcher knife. Or whatever.

Unfortunately for Showtime, the day they chose to talk about all this was also the day that Dexter’s sixth season premiere scored its highest-rated numbers ever, and became the network’s best-performing series opener in over a decade, which seemingly gives Hall a lot of leverage. But of course, Dexter seems likely to resolve its issues soon, as surely everyone on both the creative and corporate side recognizes that there are just too many unresolved questions about Quinn and Deb’s relationship to wrap up in a single year.
[/h1]

Link

Premiere was ok. Everyone outside of Dexter was ehhh as usual (cept maybe Masuka) and it looks like another filler season.

But the reunion was comedy.
laugh.gif
Trisha
devil.gif
Batista's sister
embarassed.gif

And I don't blame Michael C. Hall ... look at what the Mad Men people did, Dexter's the face of Showtime.

dexter had a solid season premier
Spoiler [+]
i enjoyed the snake scene, very bad $%%
getting head @ school and dexter even told himself to shut up lol
Trish is bad
pimp.gif
roll.gif
@Dexter being popular haha

Tonights episode was good. At first I wasn't too sure about Travis character, but I think he is turning out to be a good villain.

I like Mos Def character as well. I'm not 100% convinced he is a changed man though. They actually got me when they made it seem like he shot the guy at his house.

Definitely like the way this season looks to be progressing.

The chief is going to end up sleeping with Deb no doubt.

I too liked last nights episode.
laugh.gif
 @ Dexter telling Harrison a bed time story about little Chino. Mos Def's character is interesting and I wonder how many episodes he will last before he's on Dexter's table.

do you guys rewatch episodes to catch stuff you may have missed on the first watch?

Originally Posted by megatron

do you guys rewatch episodes to catch stuff you may have missed on the first watch?
Not for every show, but I often do. Definitely more common for cable shows with shorter seasons, compared to network TV.
Behind on some shows, looking forward to watching this past episode, though.

@breagrantBrea Grant /a0.twimg.com/a/1318625636/phoenix/img/sprite-icons.png);">http://a0.twimg.com/a/131...x/img/sprite-icons.png); height: 15px; width: 15px; display: inline-block; vertical-align: text-bottom; background-position: -272px -80px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">

thanks to everyone for the nice/awesome/perverted/appropriately-perverted responses to last night's dexter.

f2NWa.jpg

Intern has a sick obsession, her character has peaked my interest. Possible relationship with the Ice Truck Killer?

Originally Posted by youngin33

Intern has a sick obsession, her character has peaked my interest. Possible relationship with the Ice Truck Killer?

eek.gif
 definitely could see that. I feel like she's going to kill Masuka 

Back
Top Bottom