OFFICIAL DISNEY+ STREAMING THREAD we're in the endgame now

Looks like that 4K thing is true :pimp:

Disney+ Will Offer up to Four Simultaneous Streams and 4K Content for $6.99 a Month

Disney's annual D23 Expo kicked off in Anaheim on Friday, and the company has revealed more details about its upcoming streaming service, Disney+.

disney-plus.jpeg
According to CNET, Disney+ will cost $6.99 a month and give subscribers the ability stream up to four devices at the same time, with high-definition 4K content included at no extra cost.

That will make it highly competitive with Netflix, which increased its base price to $9 earlier this year. Netflix also charges subscribers $13 for high definition streaming on two simultaneous streams, and $16 for 4K and four simultaneous streams.

Of course, Netflix has built up a large library of content in its nine years operating as a streaming service, but Disney has a huge stock of established IP to draw from and is launching its platform with more than 500 feature films and over 7,500 shows, including the entire Pixar library and a raft of original content.

disney-plus-1.jpeg
The company is debuting a Ms. Marvel series on the platform, as well as She Hulk and Moon Knight. A live-action Lady and the Tramp adaptation and an Obi-Wan Kenobi original series starring Ewan McGregor will also be exclusive to Disney+.

Other previously announced perks include numerous Star Wars series like The Mandalorian, several Marvel character shows, and exclusive streams for upcoming Disney movies including Frozen 2 and a live-action The Little Mermaid.

Disney's original episodes will be released weekly, in contrast to Netflix's tendency to release entire seasons in one go, and subscribers to the service will be able to set up to seven different user profiles (Netflix allows up to four).

Disney+ is set to launch on November 12 and will be available to watch on Apple TV(tvOS-supported models), iPad, and iPhone, with offline downloads supported on mobile.

cable killer? disney trying to chop off the neck of netflix and every other streaming service

I said two years ago when DIsney announced that they were to start their own streaming service that they had the juice to pull it off....and that was before the Fox acquisition.

They about to cripple the streaming game for the competition.

I saw that bundle package price alone like Disney is gonna force some of these streaming guys out of business or to merge with someone else.

cable killer? disney trying to chop off the neck of netflix and every other streaming service

Disney does make a chunk from cable with ESPN. Maybe they are trying to price out other streaming services who have cut into their cable income.

Mandalorian trailer got me feeling some type of way
Bruhhhh I’m so ready

Everyone keeps talking about Disney killing everyone and that’s cool but I have damn near all the streaming services.
When I add Disney to the arsenal Ima feel like thanos with the infinity gauntlet

Everyone keeps talking about Disney killing everyone and that’s cool but I have damn near all the streaming services.
When I add Disney to the arsenal Ima feel like thanos with the infinity gauntlet
yeah but remember how much content disney owns under other subsidiaries
plus with fox and that merger
neflix content gonna be looking funny in the light
when disney snaps them from their site nov 12th
only gonna need the disney+ bundle with hulu
and amazon prime
hbogo
and showtime anytime and ur set

yeah but remember how much content disney owns under other subsidiaries
plus with fox and that merger
neflix content gonna be looking funny in the light
when disney snaps them from their site nov 12th
only gonna need the disney+ bundle with hulu
and amazon prime
hbogo
and showtime anytime and ur set
I really **** with some Netflix originals though
Ima ride it out until I feel it’s unnecessary

I like being spoiled for choice

Netflix is good for standup specials, random times where I want to rewatch the office, and weird documentaries lol

Most good Netflix originals get canceled after their third season, it's hard to start new shows there knowing it probably won't last that long

netflix better ramp up production on original content another notch now that these companies are starting to pull their content and putting it on their own streaming service

they did drop the breaking bad news today

netflix better ramp up production on original content another notch now that these companies are starting to pull their content and putting it on their own streaming service

they did drop the breaking bad news today
that is one hell of a hell mary
i 'll give em that
who owns amc???
watch disney buy them up outta spite :lol:

Disney+ Ditches "Binge-Watch" Model, Will Release Episodes Weekly

After revealing its list of available movies and television shows for launch day, the company now announces that episodes of shows will be released weekly instead of dispatching all the episodes of a season at one time as per TVLine. This includes the live-action ‘Star Wars’ series ‘The Mandalorian’ as well as the Marvel show ‘Loki,’ with every episode debuting per week.

Will this also include some Disney Channel Cartoons like Recess, Proud Family and what about 90's cartoons like X-Men & Spiderman, or they can't have anything spiderman related?

After revealing its list of available movies and television shows for launch day, the company now announces that episodes of shows will be released weekly instead of dispatching all the episodes of a season at one time as per TVLine. This includes the live-action ‘Star Wars’ series ‘The Mandalorian’ as well as the Marvel show ‘Loki,’ with every episode debuting per week.
Thank god. Makes for more hype with each week. Notice nobody talking about “how will stranger things season X end...” bc it’s right there. Someone has seen them all on night 1. So nobody talks about it.

So much for canceling after binge watching a series. I get the strategy from a revenue standpoint, but the convenience of streaming was that everything was available. They're treating these IPs like network television.

Hmm, I would prefer to have the ability to binge watch when I get the chance. But it shouldn't be too big of an issue.

:smh:
and so they finally hit us with the bad news :smh:
they better have more than 8-10 episode seasons if thats the case

Back
Top Bottom