Official District 9 Movie Post

this was the second best movie of the summer behind star trek

everything else has been trash

Originally Posted by Air JustinXI

The movie was fricking amazing, best movie of the year by far. Visuals and effects were out of this world. Well directed and acted, started slow but came together really well.

Co-Sign

Man I really thought those Aliens exsisted for real. They did a great job on the effects. It all came 2gether after it slowed up for a second. Great movie.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Movie was excellent, it'll go down as a classic. I refuse to believe it was made for 30 mil, the CGI was better then any other movie this summer.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Movie was excellent, it'll go down as a classic. I refuse to believe it was made for 30 mil, the CGI was better then any other movie this summer.

I believe the budget. They didn't have to pay no effing body. Prolly gave them Africans some food vouchers.
CGI is only expensive when they OD doing +$@ that's uncalled for. G.I. Joe type +$@

Originally Posted by Air JustinXI

The movie was fricking amazing, best movie of the year by far. Visuals and effects were out of this world. Well directed and acted, started slow but came together really well.

completely agree. blew away my expectations. great movie

my plan is to smoke a lot then go see it tonight

thats my plan everytime i go to the theaters...

anyway ALOT of critics are sayin this movie is amazing, might go check it out tomorrow...

I saw this and thought it was very interesting. A thought-provoking film that kinda has you speculating about motives and plot scenarios through out. Niceending that could potentially lead to a sequel.

pimp.gif
before

Movie was OKAY. Aliens looked dope.. but the movie was so slow that I was bored almost the whole movie.

Originally Posted by Tunnel Vision

Originally Posted by nikeairkeis

Originally Posted by justballin11

saw the midnight show. movie was
sick.gif
. trailer looked cool, but movie was weak.

I beg to differ, this movie was dope.
pimp.gif
Its wasn't what I expected but I though it was great.
pimp.gif
Saw the midnight show, i was expecting something a bit different but overall thought it was dope.

Originally Posted by I Be John Mayer

i liked it alot but i wish they would've showed what happened 3 years later

Same..

As soon as they start showing interviews of people talking about that "guy".. you knew right away what's the story going to be..

Very good movie tho.. i'm surprised..
pimp.gif
..really enjoyed the fightingscenes too..

Genuinly alien film.

I watched it today. I would nit pay to watch it again. The acting was so hard to believe in. I couldn't lower guard with this movie.

In the not-todistant-future, there are alien-filled slums with their mother ship just parked on top of them. There is this Theme oppresion and hope, butit's weird because the aliens look like bugs (of course) and don't speak English and are pretty strong and have POWERFUL weapons, but cannot getthemselves to their mother ship. Hm...

The protagonist was overly emotional and unable to stick to a decision. He's a spazz. I will say I started to care about his alien buddy, but only kind of.I mean he gets pistol whipped by the potag, but then forgives him. Well...

To be fair, the final act was interesting, if only because the weapons had that look them of a videogame. Very Halo-like...

In the end, it is a diffeent movie. It's not as "smart" as so
e have said it is. It's an alien flick with a seldo
-seen creative spin. Rent it.

very interestig movie. This may change the way movies are produced. They did everything in house on the CHEAP, but visually it's great. There are slowparts, but I was content watching this.

Movie was good, told the story very well and the CG was crazy nice.

But like others said there are some parts which made me bored a lot of times but I can see how this movie is rated pretty high just not my steez

The first 30 mins were kinda boring but once the story started pickin up it was pretty good.

CGI was great... way better than GI Joe and Wolverine... i didnt see Star Trek

Its worth seeing

Watched it last night. Absolutely brilliant. I didnt think there were any slow parts, and if there were they were necessary to explain what is going on.
Didnt really like the ending though. I was hoping it would be more open ended, but i suppose Wikus made a full transformation to Shrimp and is living inDistrict 10.

LMAO when he threw the pig at dude. Death by swine.

Back
Top Bottom