Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Question: Does this new series completely erase GT?

It doesn't erase GT, it's just that GT was never a apart of the canon story line. Think of GT as happening in an alternate time line/universe. Anything that happened in GT will not have any affect on supers development/story line

Pilaf's crew will be part of the regular characters. It seemed like it.

They're annoying as **** now.

Eh, I don't think so honestly. They didn't appear in Resurrection at all. I think this arc is really just following the more comedic tone of the first film, but that things will start to get serious after, which includes getting rid of all these slightly funny guys. (Goten, Trunks, and Buu weren't in Resurrection either)

Eh, I don't think so honestly. They didn't appear in Resurrection at all. I think this arc is really just following the more comedic tone of the first film, but that things will start to get serious after, which includes getting rid of all these slightly funny guys. (Goten, Trunks, and Buu weren't in Resurrection either)
weren't pilaf and gang the ones that helped sorbet get the dragon balls with their scouter?

I really think they would do the Resurrection of F arc very different compared to the movies. They can't just ignore Buu and gotenks like that.

I really think they would do the Resurrection of F arc very different compared to the movies. They can't just ignore Buu and gotenks like that.

Yes they can, just like they did in GT. Even here in BoG and Super the characters just got some minor appearances, and when the next film came along they were removed, yet other characters then got a chance to show up. Balance.

Goku and Vegeta are really the only people I expect to get major shine from the Z Fighters.

That aint balance b. That's called plotholes :lol:

How can you not have 2 of the strongest Z fighters after goku and vegeta fight against a potential earth invasion villain like freiza?

They can pull that **** off in the movies but not in a series. Buu and Gotenks fought beerus yet they wont be present for the next fight? And give master roshi and tien a chance? Thats laughable

Characters not showing up isn't a plot hole. Just like it wasn't a plot hole in GT, or in any of the prior movies when numerous fighters were never seen. They haven't changed the lineup for super's adaptation of BoG, don't see why they'd bother for Resurrection. Best you should expect is actually seeing Trunks, Goten, and Buu respectively doing/being somewhere else.

The animation for some of the scenes are egregious. I was hoping that the Goku vs Beruss fight on King Kai's planet was a one time thing, but nah. It just randomly drops off 
mean.gif

Also King Kai's voice actor sucks. 0 emotion 
laugh.gif

I asked the exact same question about Buu and Gotenks not being around in Resurrection of F.

They tried to explain it away by saying "don't tell Trunks and Goten they'll try and fight Freeza"

So the hell what they're strong as hell fused.

Bro stop bringing up GT. That **** aint canon and same with the movies. They will never tie in with the series.

BOG and ROF are i think kinda..canon since they are actually remaking it.

So you rather see gotenks and buu somewhere else rather than fight freeza? Hell naw

I asked the exact same question about Buu and Gotenks not being around in Resurrection of F.

They tried to explain it away by saying "don't tell Trunks and Goten they'll try and fight Freeza"

So the hell what they're strong as hell fused.

Thats what im saying man. You could get away with that in the movies because most of the time **** doesn't make sense.. In the movies :lol:

But if you gonna re-tell the arc like that again. I mean cmon now. I dont wanna see a washed up gohan lead the B team.

Thats what im saying man. You could get away with that in the movies because most of the time **** doesn't make sense.. In the movies :lol:

But if you gonna re-tell the arc like that again. I mean cmon now. I dont wanna see a washed up gohan lead the B team.

I mean, Even when taking Gohans power nerf into consideration what chance would gotenks or Buu have against freiza? What ruins the story the most in my opinion isn't the inclusion or exclusion of some characters and not others. It's the fact that the gaps in power are now ridiculously huge. Because anyone important is now several magnitudes stronger than any supporting character we can't realistically have someone for everyone to fight. And besides If Gohan hasn't trained what makes you think gotenks or Buu are any stronger than they were in the buu saga. They were probably excluded from the beat down because them being present wasn't neccessary to properly illustrate how much stronger Freiza and Goku and Vegeta for that matter were than everyone at that point.

Buu was already strong. Frieza even mentions him in the movie. His pops warned him never to challenge Beerus or Majin Buu. It would make perfect sense for Buu to fight him. That would definitely illustrate the huge difference in powers if Frieza were to make light work of him. And correct me if I'm wrong but does Buu even need to train to keep his strength? He was asleep or locked away for god knows how long and was still merkin cats.

And perhaps Goten and Trunks may have gotten weaker due to lack of training but at the end of the day they're still Super Saiyans and are much stronger than Picollo, Yamcha, Tien, Master Roshi, and Krillin combined. They should have at least been able to fight the henchmen. Would have been light work for them.

Also, they should have let 18 fight. She's also stronger than those betas. Krillin should have been on babysitting duty.

Last edited:
I agree bro.. Dont get me wrong i think buu and gotenks will get washed by freeza.. I just want the full team atleast if they gonna go full action movie route..

At the end of the day the movie was about freezas revenge on the goku.. And thats why some characters didnt make the cut and they try to keep whos present in that saga

My point is i want them to tell a different story for the super and maybe different ending too

Buu was already strong. Frieza even mentions him in the movie. His pops warned him never to challenge Beerus or Majin Buu. It would make perfect sense for Buu to fight him. That would definitely illustrate the huge difference in powers if Frieza were to make light work of him. And correct me if I'm wrong but does Buu even need to train to keep his strength? He was asleep or locked away for god knows how long and was still merkin cats.

And perhaps Goten and Trunks may have gotten weaker due to lack of training but at the end of the day they're still Super Saiyans and are much stronger than Picollo, Yamcha, Tien, Master Roshi, and Krillin combined. They should have at least been able to fight the henchmen. Would have been light work for them.

Also, they should have let 18 fight. She's also stronger than those betas. Krillin should have been on babysitting duty.

Good point on Buu

Keep in mind that the Majin Buu we have now isn't the original Majin Buu and more than likely not the Buu king cold was referring to considering the fact that that is the Buu that goku defeated. But aside from that I just don't see the need for more characters to fight henchmen when the only real threat was freiza himself. It serves no real purpose in the grand scheme of things. Sure it would have been cool to see but [insert any character that isn't goku vegeta beerus or whis] + freiza = that character getting their *** kicked

Last edited:
At the end of the day it just comes down to preferences. Would you rather watch the starters play or 3rd string?

Yea yea yea, I see what you're saying about Buu. And I believe Frieza was told by one of the henchmen that Goku had defeated him.

i feel like the true god mode is going to tie into being ssj4

the early pictures of super had goku & vegeta with tails grown back out
nerd.gif

plus this show is lowkey hyping up for them fusion dance into gogeta...probably the way we'll see a "ssj4 god"  is gogeta

would explain the redhair for godmode

Last edited:
Everything was thrown out the window as soon as goku kicked freezas *** in his final form (before gold form) in his base form :lol:

im trying to like this series. it really isn't hitting the spot tho with this god stuff, hit or miss animation, and meh plot. fight scenes really like the umph of the OG series, the fisticuffs in dbz > super...so far at least.

Back
Top Bottom