Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

When black first arrived he knew who beerus was :nerd:
And knew who Vegeta was too

And the plot thickens
DBS on break after 52

Why everyone complaining about Gohan when ya man's piccolo they got stuck tending to the garden. Son babysitting now....Is that what's really up?

Gohan>Picollo

/thread.

Last edited:
That black and white recap scene explaining why Cell's time machine was tucked in the cut (I really didn't feel like this needed much explanation. The ___ is dead, it's not like he'd be using it anymore; why WOULDN'T Bulma hold on to that? :lol:) was hilarious.

Them trying to splice up old animation and new animation didn't work at all. The new **** stuck out like a sore thumb in the worst way.

The episode overall wouldn't have been so bad to me if it weren't for all the time spent showing Mai's old-young *** in heat, that unimportant flashback to what seemed like it would be the story of Trunks meeting her in the future that just ended up being a random encounter with Black, and Goku pulling up on King Kai for no reason.

None of those added any value at all. I'd be tight if I was King Kai's voice actor and they called me in just to record "go away."

Last edited:
imjfcj.jpg

His hair and beer can are shiny foil like the old Marvel cards :smokin
where can i get this lol
Trunks more so admiring that his master found peace in another timeline as opposed to the armless bitter warrior and innocent little kid he last remembered him as
yeah, ep might bring out a thug tear

http://www.cruxworldwide.com/

man im so dissapointed, just some vids at YT on how to play the DBO game, and saw that everything is in chinese, how the F i suppose to play this game ??
mad.gif

Last edited:
lol im probably the only one here that like the fillers in the episodes, dunno why the are peeps complaing about fillers its been like that since the OG DB came out in the 80s, ive tried to watch DBZ Kai for 2 episodes, that ish was totally garbage imo, DBZ was butchered by removing all the filler parts :x

They're specifically complaining about what they see as bad filler, which is important. Filler in general does not have to be terrible. There are some filler episodes in Z that are quite entertaining in fact and that goes for most long-running anime series adapted from a manga. This weeks episode however just wasn't that good.

Chill with the slander. I don't know what you guys want tho. They can't just repair the time machine. How are they gonna travel to the future?

They are trying to build an actual story. Let them flourish.

NO FIGHT SCENE = FILLER

FIGHT SCENE = ANIMATION TRASH

#NTLogic
Not fighting isn't what makes it filler. Pointless content is what makes it filler. They spent ten minutes explaining something that if you have watched DBZ before, you needed a one minute refresher on at best.

Whole episode I was waiting for Beerus and Whis to tell them that they couldn't go. All the hemming and hawing about how even gods were forbidden from manipulating time and all it's ramifications and then they just sit their sippin mai tais when everyone decides to go to the future.

I wonder why Vegeta wants to train alone...

Last edited:
Not fighting isn't what makes it filler. Pointless content is what makes it filler. They spent ten minutes explaining something that if you have watched DBZ before, you needed a one minute refresher on at best.

What exactly was the pointless content?

This time travelling arc will get very confusing. I think they are just trying to connect the dots as much as possible. We also got Mai's backstory and Little bit of blacks as well.

I really don't have a problem with it. Just let the arc play out before the slander imo

What exactly was the pointless content?

This time travelling arc will get very confusing. I think they are just trying to connect the dots as much as possible. We also got Mai's backstory and Little bit of blacks as well.

Can that really be considered a backstory for Mai? It showed us that she was part of a resistance group and then showed her helping Trunks (who she already knew in the scene) after he caught the hands.

Her being part of a group didn't matter because them ___s weren't doing anything with them little guns, but we've already seen her fighting against Black so nothing new of actual worth was revealed other than seeing a few human faces in that empty world.

They didn't show when she and Trunks met, how Pilaf and Shu got clapped (I can understand this since Trunks wouldn't know), or much of anything really. Just that she had a central role in the resistance, which I don't really see as significant information.

Can that really be considered a backstory for Mai? It showed us that she was part of a resistance group and then showed her helping Trunks (who she already knew in the scene) after he caught the hands.

Her being part of a group didn't matter because them ___s weren't doing anything with them little guns, but we've already seen her fighting against Black so nothing new of actual worth was revealed other than seeing a few human faces in that empty world.

They didn't show when she and Trunks met, how Pilaf and Shu got clapped (I can understand this since Trunks wouldn't know), or much of anything really. Just that she had a central role in the resistance, which I don't really see as significant information.

I think it's more about her relationship with trunks while fighting black. Yeah would prefer a scene of how they met, etc.. But we might still get it later on that's why I said let the arc play out first.

I really hope there are more to this arc then just black and that green dude. Kinda like the androids leads us to cell games

I think it's more about her relationship with trunks while fighting black. Yeah would prefer a scene of how they met, etc.. But we might still get it later on that's why I said let the arc play out first.

I really hope there are more to this arc then just black and that green dude. Kinda like the androids leads us to cell games

That would be fine towards comments calling the entire arc trash, but I don't see how that detracts from critiques of the episode itself.

They had done a decent job of illustrating their bond before Trunks had even returned to the past, so showing a second scene that was similar to the first one and then having the present day 40-something-in-a-kid's body version of Mai stand around swooning for like 10 minutes was pointless.

Add in them showing Goku going to King Kai, Whis and Beerus chilling and commenting on what's happening/saying they're hungry, and the poorly done, drawn out recap explaining why they had Cell's time machine and you end up with like 6-7 minutes at most of content worth seeing in the episode.

I forgot they still didn't address the gaping plothole of Mai being a pretty young woman in Trunks's time :rofl: TRASH TRASH TRASH TRASH TRASH!

Last edited:
That would be fine towards comments calling the entire arc trash, but I don't see how that detracts from critiques of the episode itself.

They had done a decent job of illustrating their bond before Trunks had even returned to the past, so showing a second scene that was similar to the first one and then having the present day 40-something-in-a-kid's body version of Mai stand around swooning for like 10 minutes was pointless.

Add in them showing Goku going to King Kai, Whis and Beerus chilling and commenting on what's happening/saying they're hungry, and the poorly done, drawn out recap explaining why they had Cell's time machine and you end up with like 6-7 minutes at most of content worth seeing in the episode.

Huh? We judging super episode by episode now. By NT standards every episodes are trash plain and simple.

You're expecting a perfect episode, that's not gonna happen.

Last edited:
Huh? We judging super episode by episode now. By NT standards every episodes are trash plain and simple.

You're expecting a perfect episode, that's not gonna happen.

Damn man...you acting like we can't criticize a bad episode. What's wrong with wanting more from DBZ.

None of the gripes people have made about super are far-fetched or impossible. It's ok to rightfully criticize a show/series.

We're just hoping it gets better...and are expressing our disappointment. Nothing wrong with that.

I get that man. I have my own complaints too but we gonna do this every episode tho??

Might as well be like kingdom and call it TRASH every week. :lol:

Why are people complaining? I'm just happy as a dragon ball fan to be getting new content. People writing trash but will watch all the upcoming episodes. Chill out.

Why are people complaining? I'm just happy as a dragon ball fan to be getting new content. People writing trash but will watch all the upcoming episodes. Chill out.
co-sign with this, if you dont like it, you dont have to watch, nobody is forcing you to watch DBS

I get that man. I have my own complaints too but we gonna do this every episode tho??

Might as well be like kingdom and call it TRASH every week. :lol:

What is valid weekly conversation to you then? I imagine virtually every actually active thread for a running show discusses the things people liked or didn't like so I'm not really getting why the critique can't fly.

Should ___s just throw up a ":pimp:" when something cool happens, call Gohan trash, and do it all again the next Sunday? :lol:

I forgot they still didn't address the gaping plothole of Mai being a pretty young woman in Trunks's time :rofl: TRASH TRASH TRASH TRASH TRASH!

I had looked at a wiki page for Future Mai and it seems like the accepted theory is that Pilaf and his crew made that wish that turned them into children at some point between the end of the Namek and the beginning of the Android arcs.

Because somehow the main characters wouldn't have batted an eyelash at the sky going black and a dragon appearing despite knowing what that means.

Who here plays Dokkan Battle? My team so far.

There's a couple of us in here. That Broly ain't doing too much for you as a leader since you don't have any other STR units in your deck.

Back
Top Bottom