Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

#Vegetasama

Can't stop watching Vegeta give Black that work. Can't wait to see fused Zamasu and the power he has.

I was having this convo with my friends. Am I the only that noticed that Goku wasn't impressed by Vegeta's power up? They came back and both seemed at the same levels although one trained and the other learned the mafuba. Im not too sure if it's because he didn't see him when he was wilding on Black but Goku didn't even mention anything to him. Could also be something that we didn't see behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Right before the Universe 6 7 tourney Vegeta said something along the lines of they don't need to use the hyperbolic time chamber because there isn't much more to improve upon. But then now we got Vegeta back in there. Much more powerful than the guy who couldn't keep up with Black before Rosè

They're just referring to the last episode where Vegeta was handing Black that work.

It's not like Vegeta hasn't been stronger than Kakarot. He was the one that initially started training with Whis.

Goku is just a genetic freak, which is why Vegeta gets so envious.

They're just referring to the last episode where Vegeta was handing Black that work.

It's not like Vegeta hasn't been stronger than Kakarot. He was the one that initially started training with Whis.

Goku is just a genetic freak, which is why Vegeta gets so envious.

Goku and Vegeta are both "genetic freaks". Goku has just had the advantage of the plot going in his favor almost every time he reached a new level.

It seems almost natural for Goku. Vegeta seems to have to work harder to play catch up.

Goku also seems more outgoing and willing to ask for help and learn. Whereas Vegeta's pride always seems to get in the way. Goku will always have the Kaio Ken, Instant Transmission and now the Mufuba (so).

Which is partly why Vegeta is my favorite character. The near suicidal amount of work he puts in to be great.

Dude puts in more work than anyone else in the series and to me that's admirable.

He doesnt just talk about being good, he's constantly trying to maintain and grow.

But he'll always be playing catch up. Besides SSG, Goku has naturally ascended to higher forms.

And with the story, the villains are always going to be more powerful. So he'll always be second fiddle. But I respect Vegeta Sama's grind.

Which is another reason why he's my favorite. Because even though fate aka toriyama seems insistent on making sure he never truly shines, he still puts his bodysuit on every day, one leg at a time and goes out there and puts in work. It's ironic that out of all the saiyans, he's arguably the most human. Not in terms of power, but in terms of how much harder he has to work to obtain power.

It seems almost natural for Goku. Vegeta seems to have to work harder to play catch up.

Goku also seems more outgoing and willing to ask for help and learn. Whereas Vegeta's pride always seems to get in the way. Goku will always have the Kaio Ken, Instant Transmission and now the Mufuba (so).

Again goku has had plot convenience working for him forever and vegeta just happens to have a lot of on screen training time. Vegeta was evil up until pretty much freiza killed him. Goku turned super Saiyan strictly because of the fight and krillin dying (Plot), and vegeta had nothing put into place for him besides training to get to that point and he Did not too long after that. And keep in mind as far as trainers go after learning the spirit bomb and the kaioken King Kai hasn't been training goku since. Goku uses the planet to train from time to time but he's been training alone just like vegeta has. goku only got ssj3 because he was able to train while dead (plot), and he was literally given the ssg transformation on a silver platter (more plot). Goku hasn't walked into a new level cause he was naturally gifted in forever.

But he'll always be playing catch up. Besides SSG, Goku has naturally ascended to higher forms.

And with the story, the villains are always going to be more powerful. So he'll always be second fiddle. But I respect Vegeta Sama's grind.

The only form Goku has ever attained that Vegeta didn't is SS3. So, besides SS3 Goku has NEVER naturally ascended to a higher form than Vegeta. In terms of hard work and training, Goku doesn't trump Vegeta. The primary reason he gained Super Saiyan first, in fact, is because during the time that Vegeta was fighting for his life on Namek and trying to outsmart Frieza and his minions, along with Gohan and Krilling, Goku was doing NOTHING but training for months on end. Obviously he was going to get a massive power boost from that, which was then aided by the Zenkai Boost he received after the conflict with Captain Ginyu.

Context is always key. Goku was in Other World when he gained both SS2 and SS3, where his body had no limits to it. Vegeta was stuck on Earth. That's why Goku admitted he was so impressed that Vegeta had still managed to attain SS2 and come as far as he had, because he'd been training by himself on Earth all those years. Goku had the benefit of further training with King Kai, if he wanted it, various other fighters in Other World, and being dead.

And this isn't to imply that Goku isn't great or that his accomplishments mean nothing, but there are specific reasons that he has accomplished various things, which had nothing to do with anything being special about him personally and everything to do with the situation he was in.

Not as of right now in super.
They've been even since the beginning of Super. Whoever they both fight, sometimes Goku would have the advantage and Vegeta would get the disadvantage and vice versa. They're both EVEN!

Well for one you said that Goku and Vegeta are even, not that one surpassed the other, which is wrong.

How is Vegeta even with Goku when Goku can use the Kaioken technique and multiply his power level by 40x? Thats like me saying "Goku and Vegeta aren't even because Goku can go super saiyan and vegeta can't" and you saying "Okay??"

laugh.gif

Well for one you said that Goku and Vegeta are even, not that one surpassed the other, which is wrong.

How is Vegeta even with Goku when Goku can use the Kaioken technique and multiply his power level by 40x? Thats like me saying "Goku and Vegeta aren't even because Goku can go super saiyan and vegeta can't" and you saying "Okay??"

:lol:
Because in order for one to surpass the other, both would have to be even at one point, which they are. Remember when Gohan surpassed Goku? He doesn't know Kaioken, either.

Because in order for one to surpass the other, both would have to be even at one point, which they are. Remember when Gohan surpassed Goku? He doesn't know Kaioken, either.
Because Goku using kaioken even in Ssj couldn't compete with Gohan in Ssj2. However Goku and Vegeta are both SSJ god blue, and Goku can go further than that with Ssj god blue with kaioken while vegeta is just....SSj god blue.....

Back
Top Bottom