Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

^ Man, I haven't seen DBZ like that since I was like 12 :lol:

I'm a huge fan of Bruce Faulconer music and the toonami days, but that takes me back to when my older cousin used to take us to the comic shop and rent the OG DBZ tapes on the summer weekends.

In context, the OG music > Bruces.

But Bruces tracks legit can play in the crib :rofl: :pimp:

Damn. Might be tough to find nowadays lol. Good looks though.
wink.gif

The Ultimate for any Dragon Ball Z Collector!

Originally produced in limited quantities in Japan, the incredibly rare Dragon Box has long been the ultimate prize for avid Dragon Ball Z collectors. Now this coveted collection has been reproduced for the first time in the United States, delivering the authentic original Dragon Ball Z experience to hardcore fans.

The battle to harness the power of the seven Dragon Balls explodes in vivid detail like never before. The Dragon Box features over 40 uncut episodes, remastered and restored frame by frame, rendering the legendary action in pristine clarity. Each episode is presented in Japanese with the complete opening and closing credits and includes the original episode previews.

Truly the essential edition for Dragon Ball Z purists, this set isn’t an addition to your archive – it is your archive. Your wish is finally granted. The Dragon Box is here.

That's near the bottom of the page

EDIT:

40 uncut and remastered episodes
English 5.1 voice track with original Japanese music
Japanese mono voice track with original music
Original episode previews
48-page collector's booklet

Last edited:
Dragon Box dvd - The yellow ones are the best remastered quality and the show is in it's original 4:3 ratio with no cropping of the image. I don't think it has Bruce Faulconer music but i'm not 100 on that. The prices on those are wild, complete sets run +$1000. For the super hardcore nerd.

Orange Brick dvd - Quality is cool, the image is cropped to 16:9. It has 3 options for audio, Eng dub with Bruce F., Eng dub with Japanese music, and OG Japanese dub.

Blu Ray season sets - Better quality than Orange Bricks, image is also cropped to 16:9 but it's better than on the Orange Bricks, less heads and mouths being chopped off. All 3 dub and music options like the O bricks.

All 3 are uncut.

Feel nerdy af knowing/typing all this 
laugh.gif
 but I did mad research before copping the blu rays a couple of months back.

Late but my favorite DBZ moment

To me Trunks coming from the future was one of my favorite moments

It was so unexpected to me

He kills Freeza/King Cold, was a SSJ, and knew Goku

Who was this guy?

Then when he told Goku his story was bonkers to me

Dragon Box dvd - The yellow ones are the best remastered quality and the show is in it's original 4:3 ratio with no cropping of the image. I don't think it has Bruce Faulconer music but i'm not 100 on that. The prices on those are wild, complete sets run +$1000. For the super hardcore nerd.

Orange Brick dvd - Quality is cool, the image is cropped to 16:9. It has 3 options for audio, Eng dub with Bruce F., Eng dub with Japanese music, and OG Japanese dub.

Blu Ray season sets - Better quality than Orange Bricks, image is also cropped to 16:9 but it's better than on the Orange Bricks, less heads and mouths being chopped off. All 3 dub and music options like the O bricks.

All 3 are uncut.

Feel nerdy af knowing/typing all this :lol:  but I did mad research before copping the blu rays a couple of months back.

Bought to cop them Blu-rays and give the dvd's to my brother or best friend. Which Blu-Ray's did you get?

Bought to cop them Blu-rays and give the dvd's to my brother or best friend. Which Blu-Ray's did you get?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dragonball-z-season-eight-4-discs-blu-ray/8447269.p?skuId=8447269

I got these. I posted a pic a couple pages back and how to cop for the low. If you already have the Orange Bricks idk if it's really worth the upgrade. Not a HUGE difference. Might want to check comparison vids on youtube.

I only bought the blu rays cause my brother lost his Orange Bricks and I couldn't find Bruce Faulconer episodes online 
laugh.gif

The music was worth it 
smokin.gif

Man, all this talk has me itching to purchase the box sets for Dragon Ball :lol:
View media item 2316832Buy them one at a time. Its only 5 seasons.

This is what I was planning on doing, though, during a brief search, I did see a few bundles options as well. A number of them, however, were more expensive than it'd be to just buy all seasons separately.

Late but my favorite DBZ moment

To me Trunks coming from the future was one of my favorite moments

It was so unexpected to me

He kills Freeza/King Cold, was a SSJ, and knew Goku

Who was this guy?

Then when he told Goku his story was bonkers to me
Trunks coming from the future and turning Freeza and King Cold into Shashimi

and beef Teriyaki was the most epic DBZ moment everrrrrrrr !!!!
smokin.gif

Nah not really.

All that happens is Krillain is being a lil sis until the last 5 min where he finally faces his fears and calms his minds and has fighting spirit again.
laugh.gif

saved you 24 min.
So he did grow his hair back after Resurrection of F.

Back
Top Bottom