Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Nyet. I’d rather they just canonize the old villains with Toriyama blessing. At least give us high quality animation and action like the Broly Super movie.

Janemba >>>>>>>> hard to build a saga around being that he doesn't talk so in theory there would be no motivation for his actions but as a movie villain where you only have but so much time he was the GOAT.

Janemba >>>>>>>> hard to build a saga around being that he doesn't talk so in theory there would be no motivation for his actions but as a movie villain where you only have but so much time he was the GOAT.
Throw in one more magic character in to it like a Babbidi type (dead or alive) and have them open up a portal to the land of the living this time.

Throw in one more magic character in to it like a Babbidi type (dead or alive) and have them open up a portal to the land of the living this time.
They could totally make it work, they just wouldn't bother. DB is stuck in the "main villain of the arc should be the most powerful person on the opposition" and Janemba would 100% have to be a pawn.

They could totally make it work, they just wouldn't bother. DB is stuck in the "main villain of the arc should be the most powerful person on the opposition" and Janemba would 100% have to be a pawn.
I mean Janemba really was super strong and in the movie its not like they beat him cuz they were more powerful.

Gogeta worked him in about 60 seconds what do you mean :lol:
I might be remembering wrong. I'm talking about Janemba's threat with the whole barrier between living and dead being removed and all the dead in the living world causing chaos and just keep coming back.

Beating/killing Janemba wasn't gonna undo all that.

They ended up cleansing all that evil aura or w/e from that kid and **** went back to normal.

I might be remembering wrong. I'm talking about Janemba's threat with the whole barrier between living and dead being removed and all the dead in the living world causing chaos and just keep coming back.

Beating/killing Janemba wasn't gonna undo all that.

They ended up cleansing all that evil aura or w/e from that kid and **** went back to normal.
I get what you’re saying

In theory it sounds cool but like the movie showed the reality is that all them villains in hell rn are mad weak compared to the current Z fighters

I’m sure they could find some explanation to give them all nutty power boosts but Heroes is already doing that same thing and I don’t really want recycled plot lines or rehashed villains in mainline Dragon Ball anymore

I still don’t like how Frieza came back in Super because he used to be renowned as one of the GOAT anime villains but now he just amounts to comic relief really

I get what you’re saying

In theory it sounds cool but like the movie showed the reality is that all them villains in hell rn are mad weak compared to the current Z fighters

I’m sure they could find some explanation to give them all nutty power boosts but Heroes is already doing that same thing and I don’t really want recycled plot lines or rehashed villains in mainline Dragon Ball anymore

I still don’t like how Frieza came back in Super because he used to be renowned as one of the GOAT anime villains but now he just amounts to comic relief really
I'm not even focused on the old dbz villains coming back as a thing.

Just as a plot point that they're causing chaos and they're not going to stay dead. This was a problem the dragonballs couldn't undo.

Also lets be honest, outside of the Saiyans and Buu (6 ppl) are the rest of the Z fighters capable of fighting Frieza let alone Golden Frieza? Them dudes would have trouble with King Cold (part of why I felt the team for U7 was a lopsided joke).

I don't think most of them can beat Cell as he was when he died other than maybe Piccolo and 17 & 18. Probably would struggle against Dabura.

I'm just talking about the issue of undead bad guys wreaking havoc being an ongoing concern when you could have an evil like Janemba on earth who I feel would take the attention of most of the fighters.

I just see that as been there done that

Bringing back old villains in any fashion at this point is lazy to me and I’d rather see something more original

I wish they could find a legit reason to get Beerus involved in some fights

Well I brought up other new **** in past posts.

Beerus lowkey scared.

He can't perfect ultra instinct and saw Goku get the complete form against a Jiren who was stronger than his god of destruction power having teammate.

He didnt want it with Broly either.

He didnt want it with Broly either.
F6E6CCC5-74E8-4560-99B9-BC6FE86BAE86.gif

Why you think when Beerus woke up Whis didnt guide his *** to Vampa with that I need to fight a super Saiyan god tough talk

Cuz he knew Broly would've waxed that *** before going SS2.

What are you talking about.

Fam was on Vampa the entire time.

That's Toriyama's retcon.
Obviously now you can say that

But back in 2013 when Battle of Gods released this Broly did not exist so you can’t just spit theories in hindsight like that when Toriyama wasn’t even thinking about Broly back then

On top of that, Goku and Vegeta were both stronger than Broly before he progressed in battle actually fighting them so why would Beerus even waste time seeking Broly when he couldn’t even turn SSJ yet? :lol:

Obviously now you can say that

But back in 2013 when Battle of Gods released this Broly did not exist so you can’t just spit theories in hindsight like that when Toriyama wasn’t even thinking about Broly back then

On top of that, Goku and Vegeta were both stronger than Broly before he progressed in battle actually fighting them so why would Beerus even waste time seeking Broly when he couldn’t even turn SSJ yet? :lol:
Toriyama created Broly way before that so I'm not buying it. That **** was always floating around in his mind. It's just those movies went off and did a bunch of b.s. to make several characters hard to be canon.

Obviously the clear deciding factor in being the legendary super Saiyan is that you just keep continuously getting stronger.

Took Broly 3 min to beat Vegeta's ***. Not once could he knock him out. Goku stepped in and never got the upper hand cuz of that and then proceeded to get his *** handed to him.

Beerus did that same playing around when he first gave Goku a chance.

Beerus would've been getting planet stomped by Broly before he knew it and then begged Whis to do a time travel do over so that they never visited the planet.

Toriyama created Broly way before that so I'm not buying it. That **** was always floating around in his mind. It's just those movies went off and did a bunch of b.s. to make several characters hard to be canon.

Obviously the clear deciding factor in being the legendary super Saiyan is that you just keep continuously getting stronger.

Took Broly 3 min to beat Vegeta's ***. Not once could he knock him out. Goku stepped in and never got the upper hand cuz of that and then proceeded to get his *** handed to him.

Beerus did that same playing around when he first gave Goku a chance.

Beerus would've been getting planet stomped by Broly before he knew it and then begged Whis to do a time travel do over so that they never visited the planet.
Toriyama didn’t create Broly nor did he ever write any of his stories (except the recent movie). He only drew the character

Takao Koyama created Broly

And the only reason Broly came back in the first place is because Toriyama’s editors pitched it to him when he was trying to come up with ideas for the new movie

So no, that stuff def was not floating around in his head during all this at all

Back
Top Bottom