Official Eminem *Recovery* post Vol. 7th studio album 6/22/10

Almost famous, Seduction and Cold Wind Blows are my favorite songs on the album ... i gave it a quick run on my way to work this morning... i expected more ... content wise iono why i expected more ... hooks are
smh.gif

i'm gonna play out almost famous by the end of the week
eek.gif

Originally Posted by ThatDudeChris

You wanna know why I always thought he was wack and why ppl think he sucks now. Cuz his personality is boring and his character is corny and dislikable. He is a techniqually awesome rapper. But has no real substance. If you have a great personality it doesn't make you a good rapper but ppl would be more interested to hear what you have to say.

Back in the day he was on drugs and was exciting. Ppl were shocked to hear what he's gonna say and do next like DMX. Now he's just saying stupid stuff to be a parody of what he used to be or be like lil wayne. Alot of punchlines on this like hes trying hard to prove to ppl he's good. Like he has no confidence in himself... You just cant respect someone that's trying to spill his soul and still doesn't know what hes talking about.

He's just lying all over this album.. cuz he has no real life to talk about..

Only weirdo nerds like Eminem now.. Im not talking out my butt neither.

When I hear these kids listening to that chop ppl up eminem music I get scared.. cuz they look mad Virginia Tech

You can't be serious. Look at your icon, you REALLY look interesting and cool bro.You look like a fat immigrant from Romania who just got into rap. Everything you said is false. You just suck at having a opinion. 

Relapse sucked and Em knew it...thas why he had a quick comeback ----->Recovery
and Just Blaze on it...nuff said

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Originally Posted by ThatDudeChris

You wanna know why I always thought he was wack and why ppl think he sucks now. Cuz his personality is boring and his character is corny and dislikable. He is a techniqually awesome rapper. But has no real substance. If you have a great personality it doesn't make you a good rapper but ppl would be more interested to hear what you have to say.

Back in the day he was on drugs and was exciting. Ppl were shocked to hear what he's gonna say and do next like DMX. Now he's just saying stupid stuff to be a parody of what he used to be or be like lil wayne. Alot of punchlines on this like hes trying hard to prove to ppl he's good. Like he has no confidence in himself... You just cant respect someone that's trying to spill his soul and still doesn't know what hes talking about.

He's just lying all over this album.. cuz he has no real life to talk about..

Only weirdo nerds like Eminem now.. Im not talking out my butt neither.

When I hear these kids listening to that chop ppl up eminem music I get scared.. cuz they look mad Virginia Tech

You can't be serious. Look at your icon, you REALLY look interesting and cool bro.You look like a fat immigrant from Romania who just got into rap. Everything you said is false. You just suck at having a opinion. 
Real talk, you might have to dial the Feds then because this album goes hard
pimp.gif

Every time I hear a just blaze beat, I shed a tear by the craziness going on.

and the album so far is incredible, I love how it sounds different from his other studio releases.

EDIT: Cinderella Man =
eek.gif

so he substituted singing for that $$!@%+# accent? after first 2 songs, im dissapointed

Originally Posted by zokid

so he substituted singing for that $$!@%+# accent? after first 2 songs, im dissapointed
he only sang on 3-4 songs out of 17. and i agree he shoulda gotten 50 or a singer to do those chorus/hooks. but he did that for the rest of the songs. lyrically and flow-wise, any rap fan CANNOT hate on this. hardest album lyrically and flow-wise (for a mainstream artist) to come out in recent years.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by TiDE619

I agree with what a lot are saying about the singing being annoying, but I'd rather hear him sing horribly than use autotune

he probably still used autotune... and he's not off key its just his whiney %$@ voice...

Thaank you. I cant stand his loud whining on every verse. And to the person who said hes doing it to show the emotion, lose yourself was intense yet his delivery was 200% better. Same with way i am ( arguably his most intense song and my personal favorite)

Everyone always has something to complain about...it'll always be that way.

If the singing is the biggest problem on this album then that immediately tells you something about everything else.

Beats - Varied. The album doesnt get boring, and unlike the beats on the TML (only comparing due to anticipation/hype and proximity of both leaks) the album doesnt sound too monotone for an extended period of time i.e. more than 4 or 5 songs.

Subject Matter - The entire album is littered with songs about things that people can relate to. Whether its being imprisoned by ones job (25 to Life), to the struggle that ones goes to attain ones dream (Almost Famous) to the losing of a loved one (You're Never Over) to overcoming a difficult time in your life (Not Afraid), this album is the polar opposite of Relapse in that almost every single song has meaning.

Lyricism - This has always been an area where Em has shined, but he really does take his game up to a level we havent seen in a long time, and a level very few emcees can touch for an entire album. I've listened to the album twice, and there is not a single verse where I dont think "Man this dude really holds it down on the mic." Not every verse is
eek.gif
inspiring, or the greatest verse of all time. It doesnt matter though, because there isnt really a "weak" verse on this album.

This is all incredibly premature, the album literally leaked less than 24 hours ago, but off of 1 quick spin, and 2 legit-sit-down-and- listen spins this album is amazing on almost every level....

But yeah his singing is terrible. Should have brought Nate Dogg on a couple tracks

After listening to it I was not expecting these types of reviews from you guys.

Don't really care for the beats or the hooks on most of the songs. It's just not the eminem i'm used to hearing i guess, but that's to be expected i guess. Yes, he can still rap and he still does it well, but i'm not gonna listen to crappy hooks and boring beats just to hear him rap.

I just prefer his previous albums more.

Recoveryis damn near perfect except for a couple weak hooks through out thealbum but Em's lyricism & the beats make up for that.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Seduction
sick.gif

Cinderella Man
eek.gif

Still gotta take in this album properly but on the first listen its pretty epic
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Seduction caught my ear the most off first listen....its not a bad album, glad he came back proper

After listening to it about 6 times this album is
eek.gif

I love it.

I still haven't listened to Seduction, So Bad, and only WTP once... but I love the rest of it.

Originally Posted by lexuslaf

OFFICIAL PRODUCTION CREDITS?!?!

nerd.gif
1. Cold Wind Blows - Just Blaze
2. Talking to Myself - DJ Khalil
3. On Fire - Dr. Dre
4. Won't Back Down - DJ Khalil
5 W.T.P - Jim Jonsin
6. Going Through Changes - Mr. Porter
7. Not Afraid - Boi1da
8. Seduction - Boi1da
9. No Love - Just Blaze
10 Space Bound - Emile
11. Cinderella Man - Just Blaze
12. 25 to Life - DJ Khalil
13. So Bad - Dr. Dre
14 Almost Famous - DJ Khalil
15. Love the Way you lie - Jim Jonsin
16. You're Never Over - Just Blaze
17. Untitled - Havoc

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]TeamJordan79[/color] posted it a couple pages back.

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

Originally Posted by lexuslaf

OFFICIAL PRODUCTION CREDITS?!?!

nerd.gif
1. Cold Wind Blows - Just Blaze
2. Talking to Myself - DJ Khalil
3. On Fire - Dr. Dre
4. Won't Back Down - DJ Khalil
5 W.T.P - Jim Jonsin
6. Going Through Changes - Mr. Porter
7. Not Afraid - Boi1da
8. Seduction - Boi1da
9. No Love - Just Blaze
10 Space Bound - Emile
11. Cinderella Man - Just Blaze
12. 25 to Life - DJ Khalil
13. So Bad - Dr. Dre
14 Almost Famous - DJ Khalil
15. Love the Way you lie - Jim Jonsin
16. You're Never Over - Just Blaze
17. Untitled - Havoc

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]TeamJordan79[/color] posted it a couple pages back.
Thanks, homie.

Got me real amped now for this concert in September, hopefully I can get a ticket.

I was so hype last night when my friend said it leaked. I was out, didn't get home until 3am (beer-BQ at a friends house). My result?

carpetdonkey.jpg

Just gave it a sober listen now,
sick.gif
pimp.gif
. He is BACK.

Back
Top Bottom