***Official Eminem Thread New Album Announced TBA***

'*******' is an Encore-type track. Could have done without that.

Heard the DE tracks will be out and about tomorrow? 5 tracks for us to judge. Looking forward to a full listen of the album.

Last edited:
Halfway through....

...I really don't see the problem with this album. It's not as emotionally heavy as "Recovery" (Which I thought was incredible). Sounds like good ol' crazy Em. 

Rap God is STUUUUPIDDDD. 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Action Bronson has Blue Chips 2 dropping Friday
smokin.gif

The new generation of white rappers
smokin.gif

But yeah... Legacy is a great track. Too bad the whole album couldn't be this good.
This is hip hop. Real NY hip hop.

It's sad listening to Em now. 

This is hip hop. Real NY hip hop.

It's sad listening to Em now. 

but Em isn't NY hip hop, he's from Detroit. Action Bronson is dope but he's like a swagger jacking Ghosface Killah. anyways it would of been great if we had a collabo with both.

Album is so garbage. Em should be ashamed of himself. He needs to start popping pills and snorting coc again to make good music for us.

I'm gonna get a LOT of heat for this, but this is isn't even the 1st or 2nd best album from a Detroit rapper to release this year :nerd:

I don't think anyone would slander you for thinking Boldy James had the best album from a Detroit rapper this year

dudes telling me its worse than encore 
Give em the stone face.

Encore - 6 or 7 good songs
MMLP2 - 10-12 good songs
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i'm saying.  chill. encore is horrible.

the problem with this album is the production sucks.  but there isnt a single wack verse on this whole thing.  and im super critical of Em.

but the production on this **** man... horrible.  there's like 4-5 songs that are well produced.

Iono what the hell you guys were expecting. But I thoroughly enjoyed this album.

Stronger than I was is :wow:

I actually enjoyed the album.

He set the bar pretty high right off the bat with Bad Guy. That track is straight :smokin

There were some underwhelming tracks but here are my highlights

Bad Guy
Rhyme or Reason
Legacy
Berzerk
Rap God
Brainless
Love Game
Evil Twin

i lost all faith in Em

but 1 listen to this album and its ... shall I say pretty good

gotta listen to it couple more times for a real opinion tho.

Is anyone else digging "So Far"? It's his own twisted version of Joe Walsh - Life's Been Good. GIve it a listen if you're looking for a reason to enjoy the song

I've gotten in a few more spins now and I still stand by my initial statement; trash.

Bad Guy is a 10/10 brilliant track but nothing else on the album compares. I enjoy a few songs here and there like Rhyme Or Reason, Legacy, Headlights, ... but not even half the album tbh.

If I can't enjoy more than half of the album then it's trash imo.

Its not his rapping

its his beat selection

what happened to rapping on beats like "who knew" and "superman"

Downloaded before I came to work today early this morning, and now I'm going to give it a listen while I get some work done.

I made the mistake of reading a bunch of reviews bashing the album before my copy was finished downloading so i went into it expecting not to like it and upon first listen it was horrible to me i think because of that but i 
nthat.gif
 and listened to it in the whip and its a good album IMO. Certainly not

deserving of the title of MMLP 2 but Em is still doing his thing lyrically better than 97 percent of rappers putting out music these days and the 3% maybe

a little generous of me. Its not a album where you hop out of the shower on a Friday to get dressed to and ready to go out (but i never got that from a

eminem album personally) but one you listen to and admire at how effortlessly this man puts words together 
sick.gif
. This is a nice step up from Recovery 

where it seemed like he literally sat down and made a list of punch lines first before the actual songs and just tried to incorporate them into the songs 

making them sound forced and out of place. That being said overall so far ill give the album a 6/10 as a whole because as i said its not close to MMLP 

as a whole production wise and as a flowing themed album and it has a few pop songs but with the words hes still at the top of the totem pole.

Back
Top Bottom