***Official Eminem Thread New Album Announced TBA***

Album is hot. Very commercial sounding. This is definitely like Recovery 2. Lyrically Em is still sickening but his flow did change a bit. You can tell he's dropping out of his prime. I recommend the album to anyone that's a Hip-Hop fan

This dude said that this album can be considered the greatest rap album of all time and you guys completely feed into that ****
laugh.gif
. Why even give the time of day to respond to a comment like that? 

I've been meaning to write my two cents on this album since I was against it when it was initially announced. I've said this before and I'll say it again, from a lyrical standpoint, 'Recovery' was pretty bad (though I appreciated the content). So I really had low expectation coming into this. Not to mention, naming MMLP2 was just insane to me, considering the OG is one of the greatest albums I've ever heard and as one of his biggest fans, I felt that he was no where near the MC that he needed to be to make a sequel to an album like that. But I digress.

As for this album, I'm still in shock by how much it surprised me. After I purchased it, it took me two days to actually listen to it and when I first heard 'Bad Guy'...that **** blew me away. Hands down one of the best songs he's made since his come back and probably one of his best ever. I really don't feel like getting into excruciating details (I've had so many discussions about this album in person) but this is a really good album. Definitely his most complete work since his return to Hip Hop. He's rapping so much better than he has been, he's trying different things with his music, he sounds more confident, his flow is just ridiculous at times too. Tracks like 'Stronger Than I Was' and 'Brainless' are so ******g great. I was so happy to see my dude making music like that.

There's still a few things that irk me about some of the material. They really need to stop trying to replicate some of his previous hits. 'The Monster' sounds like 'Love the Way You Lie' and 'Survival' is very similar to 'Won't Back Down'. He also needs to stop working with so many damn singers. I want to see him go toe to toe with a true MC, almost like he did with Royce on 'Bad Meets Evil'. Sometimes, you need that one person to make you step your game up even more. I just want to see more Hip Hop from him (especially the production). Unlike Kanye, who can take ANY artist from ANY genre and use them to their best advantage to create better music, Eminem just throws your vocals on the chorus and keeps it moving. Makes me feel like he adjusts to their sound instead of the other way around.

Some of the material on the Deluxe album is so damn good too, I can't understand how it didn't make the final album. 'Beautiful Pain' sounds better than a few of the songs on the album and don't get me started on 'Groundhog Day'; I LOVE that track. All around one of the best songs he's done in a while; the beat, his flow and lyrics just came together like ******g Voltron. So sick.

Anyways, with the exception of a few tracks, he has definitely stepped his game up since the last few years. Some of the material on here reminds me of why he's one of my favorite and it gives me hope that in the future, he can make that incredible album that I know he's capable of. His first three albums are some of my favorite albums of all time. Growing up, everything he stood for was so dope to me. Dude didn't give a **** about anything, literally. All of that is probably why I'm so critical of his work. Its all good though, this album will def suffice till his next project.

and don't get me started on 'Groundhog Day'; I LOVE that track. All around one of the best songs he's done in a while; the beat, his flow and lyrics just came together like ******g Voltron. So sick.

he destroyed Groundhog Day...dont know which I like best between that and Wicked Ways out of the bonus tracks

Desperation, The Monster & ******* is the weakest tracks on here, the rest is pretty good. Beautiful Pain is one of my favs on this album, it's just so real that everyone could relate to. Headlights is also gonna be a smash hit if it's ever gonna be pushed as a single.

When listening to Love Game, am I the only one who can picture Freddie Prince Jr breaking out into a spontaneous yet choreographed group dance in some late 90's/early 2000's movie? :rofl:

With all the drugs this dude has done, you would think he would have aged like crazy but he looks exactly the same as he did 15 years ago :wow:

Back
Top Bottom