***Official Eminem Thread New Album Announced TBA***

Marshall Matters LP 2>Born Sinner
Lets not act like their not other albums that below this one.
Blue Chips 2 Nov. 1

Its not his rapping

its his beat selection

what happened to rapping on beats like "who knew" and "superman"

All of this. I know times have changed, but I'm sitting here listening to the beats like "who signed off on this?". If this is his last album, you would think he would go all out. :smh:

I only played a few songs so far but my biggest issue is his beats, This is what I was most afraid of. He should have just done it all with Dr. Dre.

Some songs do remind me of his old stuff. Content, voice and humor at times sounds like the old Em.

Em's beats have never been to great to begin with, he always used to rhyme over wacky production. the lyrics are what makes this album worth listening to. that's why Nas & Em are somewhat the same, their beats selection is terrible

Em's beats have never been to great to begin with, he always used to rhyme over wacky production. the lyrics are what makes this album worth listening to. that's why Nas & Em are somewhat the same, their beats selection is terrible
Repped for the Nas comparison..
It's like they both will hit you with solid albums but weak beat productions..
After finishing this morning in the whip, 7/10,
The lyrical content and vulnerability saved alot of songs on this album..
Man the missed opportunity on "Love Game",smh
Guess Marshall was not trying to have a"Renegade" if this is his last album, lol

I've gotten in a few more spins now and I still stand by my initial statement; trash.
Bad Guy is a 10/10 brilliant track but nothing else on the album compares. I enjoy a few songs here and there like Rhyme Or Reason, Legacy, Headlights, ... but not even half the album tbh.
If I can't enjoy more than half of the album then it's trash imo.

Gearing up to listen to this! But I agree that if half of an album is enjoyable then its simply an o.k album.

I wouldn't consider it trash because if it wasn't for the album, then we wouldn't have those few tracks that we do enjoy.

Drake's NWTS was like 85% good.. Based on beats, content, delivery and melodies. That makes it a great album (NWTS) :pimp:

As a certified audio engineer;

Leaks kill the game because your never listening to the project as the Artist intended with the leak.

Eminem is one of the most underrated producers of all times so that means he has a vision of how u should u be conceiving and receiving his music (Sonically speaking)

Albums in this day and age get MASTERED TWICE:

1. FOR ITUNES

2. CD / RECORD / TAPE WHICH IS WHAT U FIND IN BESTBUY via CD

This is one of the many reasons why i wait it out.

Last edited:
Seems like this should have been titled Recovery 2 based on the reviews I'm seeing

It's not. He's having fun on this album, it's not as uptight as Recovery was. (I liked Recovery.) This album is more believably personal than Recovery.

As a certified audio engineer;

Leaks kill the game because your never listening to the project as the Artist intended with the leak.

Eminem is one of the most underrated producers of all times so that means he has a vision of how u should u be conceiving and receiving his music (Sonically speaking)

Albums in this day and age get MASTERED TWICE:

1. FOR ITUNES

2. CD / RECORD / TAPE WHICH IS WHAT U FIND IN BESTBUY via CD

This is one of the many reasons why i wait it out.

good info, which of those would you say sounds the best?

also nice avy... reminds me of that death grips photo. :pimp:

Last edited:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Evil Deeds

Never Enough

Yellow Brick Road

Like Toy Soldiers

Mosh

Mockingbird

Crazy In Love

Spend Some Time

Encore/Curtains Down

We As Americans

Tracks that range from average to good.

Just because everyone yells trash, doesnt always make it so.

the deluxe version has some gems...Wicked Ways, Beautiful Pain, Groundhog Day nd Baby are all dope.  Replace those 4 with the worst 4 off the regular version nd this is a great great album.  

BAD GUY 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

CRIMINAL SKIT

RHYME OR REASON

SO MUCH BETTER 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

LEGACY 

RAP GOD

BRAINLESS

STRONGER THAN I WAS

LOVE GAME

HEADLIGHTS

EVIL TWIN 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

BABY

GROUNDHOG DAY

BEAUTIFUL PAIN

WICKED WAYS (KEN KANIFF SKIT AT THE END) 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

14 great songs...wish this had been the whole album...lyrically he maybe better then ever...the production/hooks/pop songs killed a few songs but there still not bad either.

Evil Deeds

Never Enough

Yellow Brick Road

Like Toy Soldiers

Mosh

Mockingbird

Crazy In Love

Spend Some Time

Encore/Curtains Down

We As Americans

Tracks that range from average to good.

Just because everyone yells trash, doesnt always make it so.
This, I loved encore.

iono what kind of standards to music you guys have.

but this is coming from the same forum where NTWS is good
roll.gif
 an album with zero substance, and drake repeating the same stuff for 15 songs.

NWTS and Encore are both trash. Comparing two pieces of **** is irrelevant because they're both, you know, ****.

90% of the forum says that NTWS was gold.. but Eminem drops a quality album, with lyrics that make you
eek.gif
 and its trash
laugh.gif

Iono, music is subjective, but I'm not trusting the opinions of the posters of this forum who say NTWS was good but MMLP 2 was trash

Back
Top Bottom