Official ESPN First Take Thread. Vol. It's about time.

my friend had this on the other day at his place and i was just laughing at how terrible this show has become. like it couldn't get any worse. stephen A basically a yes man and troll. aint no diffrent that skip bayless :lol:

Molly be whining too much. They shoulda kept Cari fine *** on the show.

SAS is a cornball and tap dancing good. Any "but look at black on black crime" people you can just Michael Scott close the door on them in the middle of talking

I swear I wanted to throw my phone listening to him continue to bring up that "black on black crime" BS.

This man said "What we do to each other is far worse than what others do to us"

Are you serious?

Close to 400 years of slavery
No pay for building America
Jim crow laws
Racist court system
Mass incarceration
police brutality

That's what others have done/do to us.

Crime in black hoods is a problem but to solve that problem you have to get to the root of it. Which is racism. The worse schools. Lack of jobs. And if a black man kills another black man he gets 100 years. If a cop kills a black man he gets a go fund me page and people send him money.

Last edited:
cari wanted to leave that foolish show. Said her goal was always to be a sportscenter anchor. Molly let herself go. If you're gonna be on tv everyday then look as good as you did on nfl network.

Last edited:
Stephen A Smith is the prototypical "string long words together to sound smart" personality. It works on people who have no ability to think critically and people who just want some entertainment. His arguments on such matters are plain stupid when deconstructed 

He has no idea what brevity is or how to answer questions efficiently. He just rambles on and on without saying anything.

I feel like all career driven woman talk that junk until that right guy comes along and screws all that up. Ol Angela Valdez ***

Last edited:
I feel like all career driven woman talk that junk until that right guy comes along and screws all that up. Ol Angela Valdez ***

:lol:

She look just like Angela too.

No wonder Molly be riding for the brothas on the show. Go 'head Jalen.

Last edited:
Joy Taylor is fine. Didn't know she was Jason Taylor's sister.

Last edited:
Joy Taylor is fine. Didn't know she was Jason Taylor's sister.

Makes sense, I see the resemblance.

Molly is wack. Shut the **** up. No one cares what you have to say.

I watched like five minutes of Sharpe and Skip. I don't mind Sharpe but I didn't think he looked good on this sounded.

Michael Smith absolutely destroys Stelhen A and does everything Stephen tries to do better. He's absolutely cooking on His & Hers right now

Michael Smith almost always brings it. Dude reps well, no question about it. I don't know why, but I always got the feeling that him and SAS don't really rock too good together.

I watched the first show with Shannon and Skip. Cowboys heavy as I would expect. But overall it was alright. I really liked the debate between Shannon and Skip on being black in America. Skip has always come off as wanting to understand the plight of black men in this country. And Shannon very passionately pointed out some great facts. So that exchange was necessary.

Never knew Joy was Jason's sister either. She's cool but has a bit of a screechy voice.

Joy said she hates her voice. She said it's like the voice of someone who looks like roseanne.

Last edited:
"Undisputed" is a blatant rip off and has the same exact format as "First Take". Fox Sports thought this would take viewers away from ESPN?

Max Kellerman is a bootleg version of Skip, and Shannon is a bootleg version of SAS. I'm gonna watch both shows but Fox Sports should of switched up some of the format, someway. It's really watching "First Take" just on another network. :lol:

fs1 really is a mess of a network. I don't understand how they don't have a sports highlight show in the morning or afternoon. jay and dan fox sports live is pretty good but it's usually on at 11 pm or later. Plus their personalities are quirky and it's like a comedy sports show which might turn away people.

Used to watch in the afternoons just to see Molly McGrath bae but the show she was on got cancelled and she's at espnu now.

"Undisputed" is a blatant rip off and has the same exact format as "First Take". Fox Sports thought this would take viewers away from ESPN?

Max Kellerman is a bootleg version of Skip, and Shannon is a bootleg version of SAS. I'm gonna watch both shows but Fox Sports should of switched up some of the format, someway. It's really watching "First Take" just on another network. :lol:

That's a good point. They absolutely should have thought a little outside the box in terms of the show's format. Two female moderators for instance. :lol:

Max articulates his points way, WAY better than Skip so I wouldn't call him a "bootleg version". But I think I know what you're trying to say.

Shannon is rough around the edges but you can see he'll get better with seasoning.

We definitely won't be expanding our vocabularies or learning different words and phrases like "bloviate" and "cast aspersions" on Undisputed. :lol:

Last edited:
Last edited:

That's a good point. They absolutely should have thought a little outside the box in terms of the show's format. Two female moderators for instance. :lol:

Max articulates his points way, WAY better than Skip so I wouldn't call him a "bootleg version". But I think I know what you're trying to say.

Shannon is rough around the edges but you can see he'll get better with seasoning.

We definitely won't be expanding our vocabularies or learning different words and phrases like "bloviate" and "cast aspersions" on Undisputed. :lol:

Exactly man

Back
Top Bottom