Official Fall/Winter Coat Thread

How do H&M Jackets fit...I wear large in most jackets but I'm assuming their stuff has a more modern fit so should I size up
nerd.gif

I don't have a store near me so I'll be getting someone to pick it up for me

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Not to rain on anyones parade but...
I cannot stand H&M anymore. Their quality flat out sucks. 

Well, I'm not sure how much quality you expect in a $60-$70 jacket, but the quality is nice for the price. Plus, paying $500 for a coat isn't for everyone...

Originally Posted by BigTy23

Well, I'm not sure how much quality you expect in a $60-$70 jacket, but the quality is nice for the price. Plus, paying $500 for a coat isn't for everyone...
True but how many coats does one need? 
Well not necessarily a "need", but a want. Realistically and ideally, I would want probably 7-10 jackets for the winter, including peacoats, varsities, down jackets, vests etc.  I rather save up to buy a quality one that im going to use for a while. 

Not trying to hate on H&M. I still wear a few of their jackets from a year or so ago thats holding up pretty well. Im just starting to like the extra detail and quality that more expensive brands give their stuff.

h&m was the hood's idea of classy. i remember when the kids began gong there. i dont remember who said it but just bc u have a peacoat on doesnt make u classy

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

Originally Posted by Crumps Brother

just got this today:

W02el.jpg
Is that ToJ?
And is that Black/White or Navy/White?
Yes it is Temple of Jawnz.  The winter varsity from last year.  White/Black with navy trim.  Not a fan of the navy trim at all but to each their own. 

navy/cream

the navy wool body is just darker than the navy ribbing

the stripes on the ribbing is cream as well

however, the snap buttons are white because i don't believe there was a cream option on them

looks more cream than white in person

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

h&m was the hood's idea of classy. i remember when the kids began gong there. i dont remember who said it but just bc u have a peacoat on doesnt make u classy
Well those people are stupid for even connecting wearing a peacoat to being classy.  It's a damn coat that people in the navy primarily wore.  Those same people probably think wearing khakis makes you classy too.

I have h&m shirts, sweaters, coats etc. that i've had for years. I don't see the quality issues unless you're a child that can't take care of their clothes, or you just got fat.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

I have h&m shirts, sweaters, coats etc. that i've had for years. I don't see the quality issues unless you're a child that can't take care of their clothes, or you just got fat.
roll.gif
 man what? H&M are notorious for their quality issues. i shop their too but only for the bare essentials.
compare their clothing with Banana Republic or J. Crew and you'll see that H&M doesn't hold its own.

Originally Posted by spacerace

roll.gif
 man what? H&M are notorious for their quality issues. i shop their too but only for the bare essentials.
compare their clothing with Banana Republic or J. Crew and you'll see that H&M doesn't hold its own.
i'm sorry but i'm going to have to agree with spacerace lol....

possibly now...but back in early 00's I bought some h&m stuff that still holds up pretty well.

I think with every clothing company, especially large chain stores across the world...their always trying to cut costs and unfortunately for us, they give us some good stuff when they first come out and then after they've got our attention they start to reduce the quality of their stuff.

I haven't had issues with any other brands like BR or jcrew either. Only brand i've had issue with not holding together so far is RL, and that was only once or twice, but overall sturdy, So i can see it may depend on the item/when it was made/where it was made etc. But I just really think ya'll some fatties or you're out there doing ollies in h&m clothes.

I haven't had issues with any other brands like BR or jcrew either. Only brand i've had issue with not holding together so far is RL, and that was only once or twice, but overall sturdy, So i can see it may depend on the item/when it was made/where it was made etc. But I just really think ya'll some fatties or you're out there doing ollies in h&m clothes.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Naw, I mean if you cant tell the difference between J. Crew quality and H&M quality then I dont know what to tell you. If youre talking strictly how H&M clothes lasting a while, that could be true. I have a few H&M items that are still wearable. Its just I rather go spend money on something from another store that will keep its shape, and be of better quality than a cheap one from H&M. The materials they use for some items is just 
sick.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
 @ H&M
i copped 3 jackets from them last week.. 

peacoat, puffy vest, & some grey bomber jacket: grand total.. $180 
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by BigTy23

True but how many coats does one need? 
Well not necessarily a "need", but a want. Realistically and ideally, I would want probably 7-10 jackets for the winter, including peacoats, varsities, down jackets, vests etc.  I rather save up to buy a quality one that im going to use for a while. 

Not trying to hate on H&M. I still wear a few of their jackets from a year or so ago thats holding up pretty well. Im just starting to like the extra detail and quality that more expensive brands give their stuff.

funny you mention that.. but, the 3 pairs of H&M trousers i own have actually been the most durable out of all my pants.. 
i have a pair from 3 years ago that still look as good as new (still get mad compliments on them) vs some tattered up kcole & express joints from last season 
sick.gif

thats why i said F it, & copped a $80 peacoat from them.. hopefully it holds up 
laugh.gif

I need a vest for the season, any recommendations on smaller profiled ones?

I'm currently looking at:

OULUSKA PASS from A&F...~$90 after discount...any thoughts?
anf_50478_01_prod1

CREST CANYON from Hollister  ~$50 after discount (hating the seagull emblem though, but the price is nice)

hol_52644_01_prod1

Back
Top Bottom