Official Fall/Winter Coat Thread

Originally Posted by skills

Originally Posted by i2enDMC

about to grab this pointer chore jacket. great price ($58), hope it looks as good in person as it does in the pic.
286189751290172417_oNpUEfKY_c.jpg
pimp.gif
 Let me know how it fits. Might pick one up myself. 

definitely grab one size smaller.  i'm usually a L, but the M fits perfect!  i'm thinking about picking up the other colors.

Originally Posted by KlassSickFresh 87

Sorry for the lame iphone pics (sold dslr ftl), I just got this in the mail, north face gotham jacket, my true size is a medium but this is a boys XL and it fits perfect. $100 difference between men's and boys prices. No tax (for Cali. not sure bout other states) and free 2 -day shipping from backcountry.com, fur lining on hood comes off. 

I want this coat, but for $279 from Macys
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

oh, you're one of those huh.....
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

and oooo, i was off by a year...doesn't matter though, 1997 was da last apogee steep tech, that mattered..there's a reason all da retros and original designs from da 2000's all resemble and have design hints from da 97 and before. da north face brand is plated in gold in NYC, its gonna take alot more then a bunch of thrift shoppin hipsters dressing like mountain men in hillbillie wools and second hand tathered jackets or metro sexuals in outer attire that comes with a matching ascot for it to get taken down.
laugh.gif
I'm dying!

Originally Posted by ninjahood

59 Piffy wrote:
people actually wear that steep tech crap? looks like it should come with a grappling hook
some actually did

its called dope purpose built fashionable ski gear..why else would it called the north face?
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

only NT will try to take one of da most expensive lines of one of da most ubiquitous quality brand abd try to play da "irrelevant" card.

Don't get me wrong, North Face makes good @#$ quality jackets. But the designs on some of their jackets like the Steep Tech is too over the top IMO. If they made it in all black without straps and @#$% I would buy it in an instant. For example
5086261_z.jpg

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

I'm thinking about getting a Nike Destroyer jacket. How are they?
I really wanted the all black one but I don't think the price is worth it.  The wool isn't that heavy and I don't like the leather on the sleeves.
- Do we really need to have the same arguments every year in this thread?  Not all of us dress the same.  Get over it.  I'll wear a Spyder or TNF jacket when I need a technical shell or dress casual and wear a wool coat when i'm going somewhere nice.

Yeah, knowing that the sleeves aren't leather is sort of turning me away. I want the black one, too. I could get it for like $110, so I'm close to pulling the trigger.
nerd.gif

So hilarious when cats in NYC proclaim North Face as "played out". Meanwhile these cats are shivering in their Hollister/H&M jackets and pleather Monclears.

Yeah, knowing that the sleeves aren't leather is sort of turning me away. I want the black one, too. I could get it for like $110, so I'm close to pulling the trigger.
nerd.gif

I have the black NSW jacket and the sleeves are leather, they do have a weird shiny gloss to it though.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

So hilarious when cats in NYC proclaim North Face as "played out". Meanwhile these cats are shivering in their Hollister/H&M jackets and pleather Monclears.

I don't get that though...how can an ESTABLISHED brand be played out, quality and function is never out of style IMO

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

I don't get that though...how can an ESTABLISHED brand be played out, quality and function is never out of style IMO
I agree

nerd.gif

wait, what? 
nerd.gif

nerd.gif
I would say $110 is a hell of a deal.  I would probably buy at that price.  I think the sleeves are real leather.  It just had a weird texture, pattern when I tried it on in the store that I didn't like.  It's still a sick looking jacket though.

Marmots and steep techs are an NY thing IMO, just like vansons and yes DMV foamposites, although they still have nice designs, I wouldn't wear a steep tech at the age of 30, I had about 4 different ones back in the early years of the millennium and they were far from warm, back then it went with the type of clothes I wore, but today they have no room in my wardrobe, I'll probably get away with a Vanson though...that I'm on the hunt for....but a steep tech, hell naw...but I don't blame Ninjahood, steeps are still very much alive within the urban community here in NY specifically the BX, Harlem and uptown Manhattan.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

I agree

There is more to north face than steep techs and those huge ugly Sherling coats, take a walk into a north face store for once....in all honesty I'd rather rock one of those old school 700 NF coats, the purple/black to be exact, than a steep tech though.

This. Lil twerps freezing in their slim budget jackets only represent a SMALLminority...once it his freezin degrees in NYC its certified north face/ marmott countryOut here.

I picked up the University Coat in charcoal from j. crew again this weekend.  Picked it up last year in black around the same time for around the same price: $105 or so.  100% wool with thinsulate inside so it's been a great coat for Chicago winters.  Also, it's a plus that j. crew starts discounting their winter coats more towards the beginning of winter than the end.
server

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I agree

There is more to north face than steep techs and those huge ugly Sherling coats, take a walk into a north face store for once....in all honesty I'd rather rock one of those old school 700 NF coats, the purple/black to be exact, than a steep tech though.

I'm well aware of how deep TNFs catalog is young stizzle...are ALL Steep Techs nice, hell no and I don't wear parkas anymore just because that's no longer what I'm in to, but my point is that WHATEVER you like as far as an actual coat (not Letterman or Jean jackets, but legit coats) you can find it from TNF and it the thought of "Are North Faces still hot?" shouldn't cross your mind purely off the strength that they make quality products and they've been around forever

^
Damn.  You got a way better deal than I did last year.  I picked it up with my 30% off cardmembers discount for around $150.  It hasn't been cold enough for me to wear it yet.  That and the thinsulate bayswater peacoat help me survive the ny winters.

I agree

I'm well aware of how deep TNFs catalog is young stizzle...are ALL Steep Techs nice, hell no and I don't wear parkas anymore just because that's no longer what I'm in to, but my point is that WHATEVER you like as far as an actual coat (not Letterman or Jean jackets, but legit coats) you can find it from TNF and it the thought of "Are North Faces still hot?" shouldn't cross your mind purely off the strength that they make quality products and they've been around forever

laugh.gif
I'm probably older than you man...Functionality and purpose TNF got it covered, fashion wise?....nah man...At least the parkas and steep techs, I bought my wife a northface coat for her bday just the other day and they do have other coats and jackets that are pretty dope, dudes that still on that TNF steep tech steez more than likely are the same dudes that REFUSE to move on from the late 90's fashion trends, times change bros, you dudes remind me of my boss who still rocks her hair as if she was living in the damn 80's hairspraid the !+$% out.And I want to hear one dude in here tell me a steep Tech is any better than a damn hea jacket when it comes to keeping you warm, who you fooling.

Originally Posted by shogun

nerd.gif
I would say $110 is a hell of a deal.  I would probably buy at that price.  I think the sleeves are real leather.  It just had a weird texture, pattern when I tried it on in the store that I didn't like.  It's still a sick looking jacket though.

My bad for not being specific enough. I was talking about the Nike Tech Wool Destroyer that's $175 on NDC. Does anyone have one of those?

laugh.gif
I'm probably older than you man...Functionality and purpose TNF got it covered, fashion wise?....nah man...At least the parkas and steep techs
your opinion is one thing, and da fact that these jackets consistently sell thru at retail (which is 300 and better) is another thing..

Back
Top Bottom