Official Fall/Winter Coat Thread

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

46972966.jpg

Just copped this for myself and one for my pops for Christmas.

$30 each 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

info?

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

I'm thinking about getting a Nike Destroyer jacket. How are they?

I love mine. I got the PacMan version with the wool and nylon sleeves. Just rocked mine today and walked the NYC streets without getting cold.

It's TTS for me, and I hit the gym (so I'm not your typical ladyboy-physique NTer/hipster) . I thought it was not going to fit but it did like a glove.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

46972966.jpg

$30 each 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

info?
Old Navy.
It's sold out tho. Beasts ate em up after they found out it was $39 + 20% off and free shipping  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Based Mod

46972966.jpg

$30 each 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

info?
Old Navy.
It's sold out tho. Beasts ate em up after they found out it was $39 + 20% off and free shipping  
laugh.gif

Aw poo, Hopefully I find some in-store tomorrow...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

I'm well aware of how deep TNFs catalog is young stizzle...are ALL Steep Techs nice, hell no and I don't wear parkas anymore just because that's no longer what I'm in to, but my point is that WHATEVER you like as far as an actual coat (not Letterman or Jean jackets, but legit coats) you can find it from TNF and it the thought of "Are North Faces still hot?" shouldn't cross your mind purely off the strength that they make quality products and they've been around forever

laugh.gif
I'm probably older than you man...Functionality and purpose TNF got it covered, fashion wise?....nah man...At least the parkas and steep techs
your opinion is one thing, and da fact that these jackets consistently sell thru at retail (which is 300 and better) is another thing..

I can understand the parkas, as those things are ugly but will actually keep you warm, but what exactly is the difference between a ST and those metrosexual trendy jackets you make fun of so much? As far as as functionality goes in an NYC winter?...you really gonna tell me those things are warm?...I used to freeze my @#* off in them....you see you like your steep techs for the same reason some other dude would like his TOJ leather and hoody combo in mid January....a fashion trend.

[table][tr][td]
but what exactly is the difference between a ST and those metrosexual trendy jackets you make fun of so much? As far as as functionality goes in an NYC winter?...you really gonna tell me those things are warm?...I used to freeze my @#* off in them....you see you like your steep techs for the same reason some other dude would like his TOJ leather and hoody combo in mid January....a fashion trend.

[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

steep techs =/= parka

your fault is thinking they were both made with da same kind of application.

and you ask whats da different between those metrosexual jacekts?
laugh.gif
you know first off 99% if that crap has garbage quality, they're not nearly as functional, and timeless? pssh...da other day i was rocking my red apogee steep tech 97' retro model with

some black and red jordan XIII's and i realized that i wore da same exact outfit in 1997, 14 years ago..and its still as fresh as it was back then, thats what you call timeless.

I know they are not the same type of jacket, I'm I ******ed?...both are fashion trends ere in NY though, amongst the same crowd too...except one of them (parkas) is actually suited to hold you down for longer than 30 minutes in the middle of a snow storm....steep techs not so much, but dudes rock them just as if they did, just like other dudes prefer the "metro" look....is a matter of why you prefer, to you that fit is timeless, to me not so much, I can't be no damn 30 year old dressing like a teenage boy from the 90's man....I rather my fitted, subtle jackets....that's me though....can't speak for anyone else and I do agree that in certain parts of NY, specially the BX steep techs are still very much the reigning trend, along with construction timbs, airforces in the summer and jean shorts.

anyone ever purchase those ebay jackets? can i get some reviews? 
Some look pretty cool 

Spoiler [+]

3512_B-G.jpg
mencloth3_05.jpg=600

some random pics i found on ebay i liked

Spoiler [+]

womens_coat_1023_zhu.jpg=600
womens_coat_1023_03.jpg
womens_coat_1023_04.jpg

^
Maybe a sweater would be better.  65 degrees is too warm to wear anything heavy.

I know they are not the same type of jacket, I'm I ******ed?...both are fashion trends ere in NY though, amongst the same crowd too...except one of them (parkas) is actually suited to hold you down for longer than 30 minutes in the middle of a snow storm....steep techs not so much, but dudes rock them just as if they did, just like other dudes prefer the "metro" look....is a matter of why you prefer, to you that fit is timeless, to me not so much, I can't be no damn 30 year old dressing like a teenage boy from the 90's man....I rather my fitted, subtle jackets....that's me though....can't speak for anyone else and I do agree that in certain parts of NY, specially the BX steep techs are still very much the reigning trend, along with construction timbs, airforces in the summer and jean shorts.

Has it ever crossed ur mind that north face jackets are beyond a "trend"? Da fact that u tried to lump steep tech iackets as some type of "kid" jacketIs hilarious.Steep techs are designed with breathability in mind (hence da vent zippers near da armPits & back) and maneuverability that stops wind. Its a midrange jacket that's a shell in its mostPrimary function. You equating certain idiots wearin it as just a coat with nothing but a shirt under revealsDa stupidity of da consumer, not da failure of said product... btw steep techs & north face in general is way higher onDa totem pole then "air forces & jean shorts" which lost their prominence years ago...I ain't evenGonna adress da fact that u tried to play out timberland boots.

No one wears Steep Techs to be fashionable. Just to be warm, which it isnt even that great at without being layered with something else.

Idk why you arguing with ninjahood steez.
laugh.gif
Having any sort of argument with him, whether its about cars or jackets, is pointless.
laugh.gif

The world is so much bigger than steep techs and parkas. I understand sticking with what you like but to say you're not gonna get anything better than a NF and that it's all purpose just means your world is kinda small, and you gotta get out the hood once in a while. How you gonna go to somebody's wedding wearing a 3 piece suit with a cot-damn Steep-Tech on, that satellite collar all up around your neck? Same type of dudes I see working a security job that requires them to wear a shirt and tie, but they rock a fitted the whole time to keep it hood.

Try spending just a little more dough and look at some Moncler jackets. Perfect for the elements and alot of styles work casual or dressed up. I'm not saying you shouldn't keep a few NFs in the closet but it shouldn't be the ONLY type of coat in your closet.

Has it ever crossed ur mind that north face jackets are beyond a "trend"? Da fact that u tried to lump steep tech iackets as some type of "kid" jacketIs hilarious.Steep techs are designed with breathability in mind (hence da vent zippers near da armPits & back) and maneuverability that stops wind. Its a midrange jacket that's a shell in its mostPrimary function. You equating certain idiots wearin it as just a coat with nothing but a shirt under revealsDa stupidity of da consumer, not da failure of said product... btw steep techs & north face in general is way higher onDa totem pole then "air forces & jean shorts" which lost their prominence years ago...I ain't evenGonna adress da fact that u tried to play out timberland boots.

not gonna lie, if I stop a random dude wearing a steep tech when I grab a bite at el malecon next week and he answers me with this.  I'm buying dude a loosie
laugh.gif

Anyone rock the TNF triclimate jackets? Are they overkill for your normal 50/40 degree day?

Couple of examples.  Yeah, it's more money but it's the kinda stuff you'll be able to rock now and then later on when you're 30-something, 40-something etc...  
18-10-2011_monv_jkt_1.jpg

7-11-2011_monclerv_lashajacket_blue_large.jpg

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

buying a winter coat and it being 65 degrees (in Atlanta) ftl...or is it ftw?

Don't worry I'm sure by Jan and Feb we will be getting some 30 degree weather. You can always put on a Varsity jacket or a polo vest for now though. That is what I'm doing

FYI, Old Navy is having a 60% off outwear sale between today and Saturday.  I picked up a varsity wool jacket today for $35 after tax.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Couple of examples.  Yeah, it's more money but it's the kinda stuff you'll be able to rock now and then later on when you're 30-something, 40-something etc...  
18-10-2011_monv_jkt_1.jpg

7-11-2011_monclerv_lashajacket_blue_large.jpg

Moncler?

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

not gonna lie, if I stop a random dude wearing a steep tech when I grab a bite at el malecon next week and he answers me with this.  I'm buying dude a loosie
laugh.gif

Dis dude ninja gave me a rundown on the functionality of a steep tech, as if da majority of dudes in NY dat own them do it for anything else other than da fact dat they think they look cool
roll.gif
you may know what those vents are for, but believe you me...majority of dudes in da hood have no clue and WILL wear it with nothing but a XXL white tee under....steep techs and TNF parkas are nothing but a trend, that is why they are/were sold at places like Sammy's fashion, VIM, etc....no dude in da hood going mountain climbing in Colorado or skiing in Vermont b....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

laugh.gif

Dis dude ninja gave me a rundown on the functionality of a steep tech, as if da majority of dudes in NY dat own them do it for anything else other than da fact dat they think they look cool
roll.gif
you may know what those vents are for, but believe you me...majority of dudes in da hood have no clue and WILL wear it with nothing but a XXL white tee under....steep techs and TNF parkas are nothing but a trend, that is why they are/were sold at places like Sammy's fashion, VIM, etc....no dude in da hood going mountain climbing in Colorado or skiing in Vermont b....
laugh.gif
You don't know that, b.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

The world is so much bigger than steep techs and parkas. I understand sticking with what you like but to say you're not gonna get anything better than a NF and that it's all purpose just means your world is kinda small, and you gotta get out the hood once in a while. How you gonna go to somebody's wedding wearing a 3 piece suit with a cot-damn Steep-Tech on, that satellite collar all up around your neck? Same type of dudes I see working a security job that requires them to wear a shirt and tie, but they rock a fitted the whole time to keep it hood.

Try spending just a little more dough and look at some Moncler jackets. Perfect for the elements and alot of styles work casual or dressed up. I'm not saying you shouldn't keep a few NFs in the closet but it shouldn't be the ONLY type of coat in your closet.

Bingo!...10 piece I'm not arguing with Ninja, I think dude is chill, but it seems like his world is kind of small and limited....like he based his opinion only on what he sees within a 30 block radius in NY.

Back
Top Bottom