OFFICIAL FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013-2014 Season

I dont hate the team at all, I think its well rounded, but I am also trying to figure out who your first three picks were.

You're losing the Assists category every week until Rondo comes back though which isnt a big deal, I think you have to ignore one category when drafting so you dont reach for guys in rounds they shouldnt be drafting just because they average X assists.

i hate to say it but this is a very bad team. you're weak in every position. you don't have a legit first or second round player to anchor your team. jrue and kemba are fine for pg and josh is a great sf. anderson and west will be solid. everyone else is up in the air at this point. i'd love to see your draft results for the league
Yea. I am really confused on who he drafted in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds. I can't pinpoint any player.
Probably should have explained a little better.  This is my second year in this keeper league, where I inherited a very bad team.  Rondo was the only real keeper on the team that I took over.  After one season, I was able to turn a terrible roster with only Rondo as a keeper into a team that had Josh Smith, Rondo, Jrue and Kemba as my 4 keepers, as well as having two second round and two third round picks.

Off the top of my head, this is how my draft went (keep in mind, the 1st round of the draft is really like the 5th round)

1 (5): Kobe

2 (5): Chandler (reach but needed some boards)

2 (12): Ryan Anderson

3 (5): Dion Waiters

3 (11): David West

I am not going to try to defend my draft and say I have some incredible team.  I dont.  But given the circumstances, I feel my team is solid.  I think you guys are both undervaluing a lot of areas of my team.  For example, Josh Smith was the 11th rated player in my league last year, and hasn't finished lower than a 12th rating since 2008 (two of the years he was 4th).  I know things can fluctuate from year to year, but according to the rankings of last season, I have FIVE top 25 players.  Granted, one of them is Kobe, but still.

Like Antidope said, I think this team is very balanced.  And if one of Waiters, Harrison or McLemore establish himself as a legit fantasy option, I think I will be just fine.

Last edited:
What do you guys think(10 team league)? Thinking of dropping Granger, Jack, or Kirilenko.

FA include Nash, Lance Stephenson, Alex Len, Patrick Beverly,Hickson, Dion Waiters,M.Carter-Williams, Marcus Thorton,etc

Last edited:
Thanks! Any other opinions? Any categories you guys think i should be improving on?

Nice team. You should try to improve on assists IMO.

Here I'll play along (12 team league):

Unibrow to the FACE
1.(12)Marc Gasol (Mem - C)
2.(13)John Wall (Was - PG)
3.(36)Russell Westbrook (OKC - PG)
4.(37)David Lee (GS - PF,C)
5.(60)Bradley Beal (Was - SG)
6.(61)Andre Drummond (Det - PF,C)
7.(84)Paul Pierce (Bkn - SF)
8.(85)Kenneth Faried (Den - PF)
9.(108)Danny Granger (Ind - SF)
10.(109)Anthony Bennett (Cle - SF,PF)
11.(132)Maurice Harkless (Orl - SF)
12.(133)Cody Zeller (Cha - PF,C)
13.(156)Nick Young (LAL - SG,SF)

Dropped Young today for Stephenson.

Was really hoping to get Anthony Davis so my team name would make sense. But it's really an homage to Rutger's bball star when I was in college: Quincy Douby. :smokin He's cookin in China! Dropped 75pts, average 35 ppg lol.

Last edited:
Here's my team. 8 team 13 player h2h standard

Kyrie Irving Cle - PG
Eric Gordon NO - SG
Tony Parker SA - PG
Josh Smith Det - SF,PF
Kevin Love Min - PF,C
Jeff Green Bos - SF,PF
Nikola Vucevic Orl - PF,C
DeMarcus Cousins Sac - PF,C
Jrue Holiday NO - PG
Bradley Beal Was - SG
Arron Afflalo Orl - SG,SF
Ray Allen Mia - SG
Anthony Bennett Cle - SF,PF

Let me know what i need to work on and who should i drop. Thanks!

12 man league! Opinions?
Any opinions?
Why is everyone so high on Steve Nash? So many people in this thread have him, its blowing my mind. Hes gonna help you out in the free throw category though.

Offense wise you're good, but I think you're going to need to find another rebounder somewhere, you only have two legit double digit rebounding guys, Lee and Sanders. I'm not gonna expect Dirk to get 10 a game at this point, but hes going to kill offensively. I'm trying to get Deng in a league right now I'm high on him this year.

What do you guys think(10 team league)? Thinking of dropping Granger, Jack, or Kirilenko.

FA include Nash, Lance Stephenson, Alex Len, Patrick Beverly,Hickson, Dion Waiters,M.Carter-Williams, Marcus Thorton,etc
I wouldnt drop Jack, hes a handcuff. Kyries health will be up in the air all year, and if he goes down Jarrett Jack will do numbers.

I see that you're doing Yahoo, when did you get Batum and where was he ranked. He was ranked 13th in ESPN leauges which is the most egregious thing ever, he serioulsy sat there until he was auto picked. IDK who in their right mind thinks Nick Batum is worth that much in fantasy at ESPN but good for them. People who dont show up for drafts should be punsihed in such manners.

Last edited:
Well, for all the Wade owners a heads up. He will be resting tonight against a weak 76ers team.

I wouldnt drop Jack, hes a handcuff. Kyries health will be up in the air all year, and if he goes down Jarrett Jack will do numbers.

I see that you're doing Yahoo, when did you get Batum and where was he ranked. He was ranked 13th in ESPN leauges which is the most egregious thing ever, he serioulsy sat there until he was auto picked. IDK who in their right mind thinks Nick Batum is worth that much in fantasy at ESPN but good for them. People who dont show up for drafts should be punsihed in such manners.
I picked Batum at 18, maybe a tad bit early but I felt he was a nice overall stat stuffer for the pick.

Last edited:

i hate to say it but this is a very bad team. you're weak in every position. you don't have a legit first or second round player to anchor your team. jrue and kemba are fine for pg and josh is a great sf. anderson and west will be solid. everyone else is up in the air at this point. i'd love to see your draft results for the league
Yea. I am really confused on who he drafted in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds. I can't pinpoint any player.
Probably should have explained a little better.  This is my second year in this keeper league, where I inherited a very bad team.  Rondo was the only real keeper on the team that I took over.  After one season, I was able to turn a terrible roster with only Rondo as a keeper into a team that had Josh Smith, Rondo, Jrue and Kemba as my 4 keepers, as well as having two second round and two third round picks.

Off the top of my head, this is how my draft went (keep in mind, the 1st round of the draft is really like the 5th round)

1 (5): Kobe

2 (5): Chandler (reach but needed some boards)

2 (12): Ryan Anderson

3 (5): Dion Waiters

3 (11): David West

I am not going to try to defend my draft and say I have some incredible team.  I dont.  But given the circumstances, I feel my team is solid.  I think you guys are both undervaluing a lot of areas of my team.  For example, Josh Smith was the 11th rated player in my league last year, and hasn't finished lower than a 12th rating since 2008 (two of the years he was 4th).  I know things can fluctuate from year to year, but according to the rankings of last season, I have FIVE top 25 players.  Granted, one of them is Kobe, but still.

Like Antidope said, I think this team is very balanced.  And if one of Waiters, Harrison or McLemore establish himself as a legit fantasy option, I think I will be just fine.
that makes much more sense. on the bright side, you have disposable players if there is ever a big free agent to pick up (and there will be) throughout the season

Last edited:
wade taking a DNP on the second night of the season
indifferent.gif

Here's my team. 8 team 13 player h2h standard

Kyrie Irving Cle - PG
Eric Gordon NO - SG
Tony Parker SA - PG
Josh Smith Det - SF,PF
Kevin Love Min - PF,C
Jeff Green Bos - SF,PF
Nikola Vucevic Orl - PF,C
DeMarcus Cousins Sac - PF,C
Jrue Holiday NO - PG
Bradley Beal Was - SG
Arron Afflalo Orl - SG,SF
Ray Allen Mia - SG
Anthony Bennett Cle - SF,PF

Let me know what i need to work on and who should i drop. Thanks!
great team but bennett should not  be owned in an 8 man league

Should I Drop Granger or Kirelinko for Michael Carter-Williams? Dude had a huge game today 22-7-12

I'm winning in all my leagues except my 2 money leagues Harden is killing me 5 turnovers and shooting .132
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom