Official FEBRUARY 2011 Nike Outlet/Website/Store Update Thread - NO REQUESTS

^ Yes it is possible that you may find a size at another outlet. Part of the discussion a few of us were having earlier touched on this and why we should be able to speak a little more freely about sneakers/outlets in general. For instance lets just say "Copper foams". Had you asked stocK locater about them about a week ago they would tell you no longer in the system. But had you called Kissimmee at the right time you would have got some B-grades. Stock locater works sometimes and other times you need to call the outlets.. gets tricky with product that was just processed especially b-grades

Originally Posted by oldsole73

^ Yes it is possible that you may find a size at another outlet. Part of the discussion a few of us were having earlier touched on this and why we should be able to speak a little more freely about sneakers/outlets in general. For instance lets just say "Copper foams". Had you asked stocK locater about them about a week ago they would tell you no longer in the system. But had you called Kissimmee at the right time you would have got some B-grades. Stock locater works sometimes and other times you need to call the outlets.. gets tricky with product that was just processed especially b-grades

Yeah, unfortunately Nike's stock locating system isn't the best, but we just can't have people throwing out names of random shoes hoping that someone, somewhere spotted them.

Yeah, unfortunately Nike's stock locating system isn't the best, but we just can't have people throwing out names of random shoes hoping that someone, somewhere spotted them.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

man, looks like my situation came up right in the middle of something going on here...
so, nike's master list on their computer system may not in fact have all their stock? this is great news, but alas, will make finding my items a bit tedious. wish me luck!

man, looks like my situation came up right in the middle of something going on here...
so, nike's master list on their computer system may not in fact have all their stock? this is great news, but alas, will make finding my items a bit tedious. wish me luck!

cant their just be an unOfficial *** 20** nike update thread with the people who wants to request? or will nt not allow it to prevent too many posts?

cant their just be an unOfficial *** 20** nike update thread with the people who wants to request? or will nt not allow it to prevent too many posts?

See that's the thing about people throwing out "requests" if it's even that. A person could be looking for certain shoes and people that update from all over might not think certain shoes are worth reporting so they won't mention it but had they seen someone was looking for it they might leave a comment saying I seen it at so and so outlet last week. Like the carnivores some might not even know what that shoe is while others may be looking for it. It helps everyone, it doesn't take anything away from this thread if some asking if anyone seen certain shoes. I understand when people get stupid and ask about stuff that was already posted on the last page and I definitely think that's worth deleting. Someone asking if they seen a certain model and another person replying to that shouldn't be request but rather helping each other out and this is what this thread is for right? Helping out one another. I am just merely suggesting the idea but if you feel it's wrong you can delete it.

See that's the thing about people throwing out "requests" if it's even that. A person could be looking for certain shoes and people that update from all over might not think certain shoes are worth reporting so they won't mention it but had they seen someone was looking for it they might leave a comment saying I seen it at so and so outlet last week. Like the carnivores some might not even know what that shoe is while others may be looking for it. It helps everyone, it doesn't take anything away from this thread if some asking if anyone seen certain shoes. I understand when people get stupid and ask about stuff that was already posted on the last page and I definitely think that's worth deleting. Someone asking if they seen a certain model and another person replying to that shouldn't be request but rather helping each other out and this is what this thread is for right? Helping out one another. I am just merely suggesting the idea but if you feel it's wrong you can delete it.

I agree Xilegacy...you cant overlook every other thread on NT and just go super hard on the outlet thread it makes no sense. I'm all for rules its just something you gotta live with but make an exception for this thread "justhotkicks" so we can get this thing poppin again.

I agree Xilegacy...you cant overlook every other thread on NT and just go super hard on the outlet thread it makes no sense. I'm all for rules its just something you gotta live with but make an exception for this thread "justhotkicks" so we can get this thing poppin again.

I can see both sides of the argument. Like most things that involved large masses of people, the final decision is not going to please everyone. The set up now is what it is and we'll just have to roll with it.

As for the request thread, not a bad idea, but I think people that have been willing to pass along info in this thread would be less inclined to go into the request thread, keep note of what people are looking for, and then keep that in mind when they are out making their rounds.

I can see both sides of the argument. Like most things that involved large masses of people, the final decision is not going to please everyone. The set up now is what it is and we'll just have to roll with it.

As for the request thread, not a bad idea, but I think people that have been willing to pass along info in this thread would be less inclined to go into the request thread, keep note of what people are looking for, and then keep that in mind when they are out making their rounds.

Nike Tempo (Blk/Red) - $41.97 - FSR

These ?
i449z6.jpg

That's what I'm saying..dudes be Wildin out in General...don't even get me started in JB..but if you ask about a sneaker in the outlet thread it gets deleted...but I can ask for pics of your mom in just about EVERY thread in NT and not have it deleted...doesnt make sense...

Solution might be time to start a new thread..just can't call it the outlet thread...I remember Kid Lebron used to have steals thread with Ross updates...Nordstorms Rack (which he doesnt want posted either)..Marshals you name it...

Not saying I'm trying to get around you Justforkicks..but either You need to get with other mods and start clearing up EVERY thread or slow down a little on this one...and I can say...since you been around..this thread falls off more and more each day..

That's what I'm saying..dudes be Wildin out in General...don't even get me started in JB..but if you ask about a sneaker in the outlet thread it gets deleted...but I can ask for pics of your mom in just about EVERY thread in NT and not have it deleted...doesnt make sense...

Solution might be time to start a new thread..just can't call it the outlet thread...I remember Kid Lebron used to have steals thread with Ross updates...Nordstorms Rack (which he doesnt want posted either)..Marshals you name it...

Not saying I'm trying to get around you Justforkicks..but either You need to get with other mods and start clearing up EVERY thread or slow down a little on this one...and I can say...since you been around..this thread falls off more and more each day..

You can blame me and the regulating of this thread of it 'falling off' than anything else. But in the end, the 'NO REQUESTS' rule was here from day one. Sure, plenty of rules get broken every day on NT but that's because the community is so large and the staff may not be able to keep up with it.

Again, any comment/question that pertains to an update was left untouched. Responses that just clutter the thread and don't add information, well, just add clutter, and incite other types of clutter. The primary complaints were that 'lurkers' would swoop in when convenient without actively contributing and that people would make requests in without putting in the work. That's why this thread needed to be moderated because it was becoming less and less of a resource. Sure, to those who visit/contribute/participate in the Outlet thread are on top of everything and know where to find what and pinpoint when it was posted, but for the casual onlooker, it's not a good resource. If you feel you want to keep the best updates to yourself or share with select people, then do that if you feel its necessary. If you want the useless back and forth banter, pointless comments, and non-contributors to come in here and drop a request, then we'll go back to the pre-moderated days and have the outlet thread be four times the length.

I try to be loose with what stays and goes, but it's always the same people adding pointless responses or requests. Here are the last few responses that I felt were unnecessary (from the Jan thread)

"Y'all are really rocking those Carnivores? LOL"

"good looks on the info, I got the charcoal & white/red/black 9's"

"Thanks for the diamond turf info, grabbed a pair earlier."

"Thanks for the info.That's bs I'll pass"

"I noticed the purple and the black/pale blue total max uptempos have dissapeared eastbay. Will they be hitting the outlets soon?"

"What up Master P!"

"great deals on kobe......"

Riveting stuff, isn't it? Of course, those who do contribute deserve all the thanks and credit for keeping the Outlet thread running, but it's been mentioned many times before as well as in the original post that things like that should be left to PM. Other interesting topics regarding outlet shipping policies and buying policies were left up there because it does in fact shed some interesting light on the outlets.

And face it - nothing outstanding has been hitting outlets because the Summer/Fall 2010 was flat out bad, and most of you are waiting for items to hit crazy discount marks. That's just a matter of time and is out of our control. But once better things start to hit (Holiday 2010 releases), things will start to pick up. The only places getting decent stuff on a consistent basis are the Clearance Stores - and we all know how 'easy' it is to order something from there.

Anyway, i'm more than willing to loosen up what goes up and gets removed, but not to the point where exceptions are being made.

You can blame me and the regulating of this thread of it 'falling off' than anything else. But in the end, the 'NO REQUESTS' rule was here from day one. Sure, plenty of rules get broken every day on NT but that's because the community is so large and the staff may not be able to keep up with it.

Again, any comment/question that pertains to an update was left untouched. Responses that just clutter the thread and don't add information, well, just add clutter, and incite other types of clutter. The primary complaints were that 'lurkers' would swoop in when convenient without actively contributing and that people would make requests in without putting in the work. That's why this thread needed to be moderated because it was becoming less and less of a resource. Sure, to those who visit/contribute/participate in the Outlet thread are on top of everything and know where to find what and pinpoint when it was posted, but for the casual onlooker, it's not a good resource. If you feel you want to keep the best updates to yourself or share with select people, then do that if you feel its necessary. If you want the useless back and forth banter, pointless comments, and non-contributors to come in here and drop a request, then we'll go back to the pre-moderated days and have the outlet thread be four times the length.

I try to be loose with what stays and goes, but it's always the same people adding pointless responses or requests. Here are the last few responses that I felt were unnecessary (from the Jan thread)

"Y'all are really rocking those Carnivores? LOL"

"good looks on the info, I got the charcoal & white/red/black 9's"

"Thanks for the diamond turf info, grabbed a pair earlier."

"Thanks for the info.That's bs I'll pass"

"I noticed the purple and the black/pale blue total max uptempos have dissapeared eastbay. Will they be hitting the outlets soon?"

"What up Master P!"

"great deals on kobe......"

Riveting stuff, isn't it? Of course, those who do contribute deserve all the thanks and credit for keeping the Outlet thread running, but it's been mentioned many times before as well as in the original post that things like that should be left to PM. Other interesting topics regarding outlet shipping policies and buying policies were left up there because it does in fact shed some interesting light on the outlets.

And face it - nothing outstanding has been hitting outlets because the Summer/Fall 2010 was flat out bad, and most of you are waiting for items to hit crazy discount marks. That's just a matter of time and is out of our control. But once better things start to hit (Holiday 2010 releases), things will start to pick up. The only places getting decent stuff on a consistent basis are the Clearance Stores - and we all know how 'easy' it is to order something from there.

Anyway, i'm more than willing to loosen up what goes up and gets removed, but not to the point where exceptions are being made.

Originally Posted by bhergh

Thats a good idea. One unposted thread to discuss specific and keep the one stickied  with raw info.

Originally Posted by bhergh

Thats a good idea. One unposted thread to discuss specific and keep the one stickied  with raw info.

I see both points, and yes both are valid, but it's not fair to say it's Justhotkicks' fault that the outlet thread is falling off. Justhotkicks, if I were you I wouldn't even waste time trying defend your decisions.

On one side, yes, it would be good to have requests where maybe someone might have seen what you need somewhere and can drop the info for you, but like Just said, there WAS a lot of lazy people making requests and not putting in work. Then you had people who do all the work; call outlets religiously to get updates or drive all over the place (in my case) to outlets and let yall know what was up and you get resellers coppin fsr and leaving everyone else out to dry, or idiots being unappreciative and taking shots at the people who did do all of the work with slick little comments. So people formed cliques and kept info amongst themselves.

So, it's better this way, but not to disregard everyone who thinks requests are a good idea. In a perfect situation, yes, they are a great idea, but people abuse the system, just like with everything else.

I see both points, and yes both are valid, but it's not fair to say it's Justhotkicks' fault that the outlet thread is falling off. Justhotkicks, if I were you I wouldn't even waste time trying defend your decisions.

On one side, yes, it would be good to have requests where maybe someone might have seen what you need somewhere and can drop the info for you, but like Just said, there WAS a lot of lazy people making requests and not putting in work. Then you had people who do all the work; call outlets religiously to get updates or drive all over the place (in my case) to outlets and let yall know what was up and you get resellers coppin fsr and leaving everyone else out to dry, or idiots being unappreciative and taking shots at the people who did do all of the work with slick little comments. So people formed cliques and kept info amongst themselves.

So, it's better this way, but not to disregard everyone who thinks requests are a good idea. In a perfect situation, yes, they are a great idea, but people abuse the system, just like with everything else.

Back
Top Bottom