OFFICIAL FIBA World Cup Spain 2014 Thread

IMO, it has to make him a lock.

Losing KD and PG severely changes the make up of the team. They have to strongly considering going to a more conventional lineup with AD at PF and Cousins at C now that they lack ELITE wing guys. I don't think anyone can truly play 4 like KD and George could outside of Parsons.

Rose - Kyrie
Harden - Curry
Thompson - Korver - Derozan
Davis - Faried - Parsons
Cousins - Plumlee

It's tough leaving Lillard off the team. I'd probably pick him over Kyrie but the coaches seem to prefer Kyrie for some reason. Either way. Curry can play 1/2. Thompson/Harden/Korver/Derozan can play 2/3. Parsons can play 3/4.

We're still more than good enough without KD/PG but relying on Cousins and Faried worries me. Cousins can be a headcase and this team doesn't really have strong leaders to keep him in check. Faried is cool but he seems like he can be pushed around by international big guys + be exposed for his lack of shooting. Those guys are really good players but Spain could be a rough matchup.

Two blue devils, I think mike would pick his boy

DMC I get, but why Plumlee over Dre?

Pure athleticism is my only guess.
They're pretty close athletically IMO. Plumlee's offensive game is a bit more polished I think, and Dre's free throw shooting is 
sick.gif

DMC I get, but why Plumlee over Dre?

Pure athleticism is my only guess.

Did ya see Drummond play in that game? Dude was horrendous. Straight up airballed like everything he put up and played out of control. I'm sure that was pretty close to how he's been in practice as well.

Last edited:
I've heard next to nothing positive about Drummond during the mini camp, unfortunately 
tired.gif

Plumlee's game isn't more polished, it just fits a bit better in the vast scope of the team composition. Plumlee is a beta and willing to defer. Cousins, on the other hand, not so much.

With Durant out now as well...... Team USA could actually use a little bit of Cousins..... (the thought of this squad needing to count on Boogie, excites me and frightens me
laugh.gif
)

They're pretty close athletically IMO. Plumlee's offensive game is a bit more polished I think, and Dre's free throw shooting is :x

Did ya see Drummond play in that game? Dude was horrendous. Straight up airballed like everything he put up and played out of control. I'm sure that was pretty close to how he's been in practice as well.

I've heard next to nothing positive about Drummond during the mini camp, unfortunately |I

Plumlee's game isn't more polished, it just fits a bit better in the vast scope of the team composition. Plumlee is a beta and willing to defer. Cousins, on the other hand, not so much.

With Durant out now as well...... Team USA could actually use a little bit of Cousins..... (the thought of this squad needing to count on Boogie, excites me and frightens me:lol: )
So Dre's raw and unprepared for the international stage. I'm okay with that response, just wanted a clear reason.

I'm definitely not looking forward to seeing Faried & Plumlee play defense against the Gasol bros.

at this point, you guys are right. Gotta play AD @ the 4 again. Wonder if he starts shooting alot more of if they run some other system.

Rose ... Kyrie
Steph ... Lillard
Harden ... Thompson ... (DeRozan/Heyward)
Davis ... Parsons ... (Faried/Plumlee)
Cousins ... Drummond

Last edited:
If Gay gets added to the squad........ :smokin

I'm gonna have a tough decision between a Gay or Cousins jersey, I think I would lean towards Gay :nthat:

Rudy already played for USA b4 right ? ...but hope he gets buckets
pimp.gif
Yea he played stretch 4 for them. Which is why i figured he would definitely get looked at when KD left. And it happened!

Man if Boogie and Rudy both make the final squad 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom