OFFICIAL FIBA World Cup Spain 2014 Thread

I've been ragging on Pau Gasol since the Bulls got him but he looked REALLY good against Brazil. Straight up roasted Nene and AV. Like he was trying to send a message for next year.

If they had a good SF, they'd give ANY team a run for it's money - even if we had our entire team.

fwiw, luis scola dropped 30 and 10 the other night. i put very little stock into fiba ball as it translates to the NBA.

In Episode #84 of the Hardwood Hustle Basketball Podcast, Alan Stein (Stronger Team) and Adam Bradley (Ball Hogs Radio) talk shop with former college basketball coach and current ESPN basketball analyst, Fran Fraschilla. - http://hardwoodhustle.com/2014/08/2...ast-basketball-journey-espns-fran-fraschilla/

Good listen. I would suggest subscribing to the "Hardwood Hustle" podcast. Alan Stein is the Strength Coach at DeMatha. Has good guests regularly on the show. The show is for HS Coaches/Players/Parents. - http://hardwoodhustle.com/podcasts/

Can anyone post a schedule of the USA games remaining?

So mad I missed this morning
mean.gif
http://www.usab.com/mens/national-team/schedule.aspx

http://archive.usab.com/mens/national/14_mwc_results.html

I don't understand how people don't know how to search things on the internet 
laugh.gif

fwiw, luis scola dropped 30 and 10 the other night. i put very little stock into fiba ball as it translates to the NBA.

Trust me I know. I look at the competition + the actual play to see if it'll translate to NBA though - not just numbers. He was looking athletic, confident and doing it vs. 3 good NBA big men. I was impressed. Not saying he's gonna drop 25 ppg next year or anything like that though.

In Episode #84 of the Hardwood Hustle Basketball Podcast, Alan Stein (Stronger Team) and Adam Bradley (Ball Hogs Radio) talk shop with former college basketball coach and current ESPN basketball analyst, Fran Fraschilla. - http://hardwoodhustle.com/2014/08/2...ast-basketball-journey-espns-fran-fraschilla/

Good listen. I would suggest subscribing to the "Hardwood Hustle" podcast. Alan Stein is the Strength Coach at DeMatha. Has good guests regularly on the show. The show is for HS Coaches/Players/Parents. - http://hardwoodhustle.com/podcasts/
Do you use an app to follow casts or is it all on the computer?

Spain has looked really good thus far but I still like Team USA's chances if they can up the continuity on offense and the consistency on defense.

Why is Rose, off the friggin bench, taking more shots than Harden in the tournament thus far?

And to make it worse, he's shooting 22%. Dude missed the last 2 years, the last 3 playoffs, and he's chucking his heart out.

but I guess Thibs wanted his guy on the team so he could round into NBA form quicker. Despicable.

We are extremely fortunate that the usual suspects are either aging or dealing with injuries.

Last edited:
I believe some the International well known nba player would play some what same in the NBA if they wasn't 3 and below options

Why is Rose, off the friggin bench, taking more shots than Harden in the tournament thus far?

And to make it worse, he's shooting 22%. Dude missed the last 2 years, the last 3 playoffs, and he's chucking his heart out.

but I guess Thibs wanted his guy on the team so he could round into NBA form quicker. Despicable.

We are extremely fortunate that the usual suspects are either aging or dealing with injuries.

:rofl:

You need to settle down.

Rose took 8 shots, 4 shots and 6 shots. While playing a ton of garbage time. He's not chucking his heart out. He's taken more shots than Harden because Harden would rather get to the FT line than actually take a shot.

"Despicable" :lol:

He's not playing great but he's playing alright and doing some good things out there. Still clearly trying to mesh with the team. Definitely not the disaster you're trying to make it out to be.

Chucking his heart out 
roll.gif

Spain is going to a problem, Spain at full strength has given USA problems with the A team
:rofl:

You need to settle down.

Rose took 8 shots, 4 shots and 6 shots. While playing a ton of garbage time. He's not chucking his heart out. He's taken more shots than Harden because Harden would rather get to the FT line than actually take a shot.

"Despicable" :lol:

He's not playing great but he's playing alright and doing some good things out there. Still clearly trying to mesh with the team. Definitely not the disaster you're trying to make it out to be.

Because as we all know getting into the paint drawing contact is a bad thing.

Sounds like dude is looking at the box scores instead of watching the games :lol:

Harden definitely looks to score more than Rose does. If he wasn't getting to the line, Harden's shot attempts would be a lot higher

Spain is going to a problem, Spain at full strength has given USA problems with the A team
Because as we all know getting into the paint drawing contact is a bad thing.

I'm explaining why Harden's FGA are low... not saying it's a bad thing.

Watching today's game, maybe 2 of Rose's 6 shot attempts were bad shots. The rest was good, but his ability to finish at the basket is pretty substandard for what we're used to. Maybe one of his drives could've been called a foul but they didn't, so that's an extra shot attempt. But Rose is a chucker now :lol:

Lol, if other countries are going to cheat, why stop at Africans. Should've went for African Americans and hit them with that dual citizenship.

See, Filipinos know how to cheat right
laugh.gif

Now it's too late for everyone =(
Technically, it is legal to have 1 Naturalized player on your team regardless of the ethnicity.

The only thing that alarmed them is that some countries went as far as getting 4 or more players (mostly Africans) and changing their citizenship to beef up their squad. Hence, they came up with such a rule.

Before the rule was implemented, Philippines tapped the services of Fil-Foreigners with proven Filipino blood and Filipino citizenship so no cheating happened. They are considered locals.

The rule almost cost us a game in the 2011 FIBA Asia Tourney where Chris Lutz (Purdue/Marshall) & Marcio Lassiter's (Cal State Fullerton) citizenship were questioned, thus prohibiting them for suiting up for the 1st half of a game. Good thing they already played some FIBA tourneys prior to the Asian Championships.

Watching this Spain-Brazil tape.

Yeah this Spain-USA game looks like a pick em, the continuity and chemistry with Spain squad might be the difference, Rudy/Marc/Pau/Jaun Carlos have been playing together their whole lives and it's so evident, the passing and ball movement is vicious.

might be too much for Team USA's squad of bad defenders playing vanilla defense.

Last edited:
No team has broke 80 against the US yet. Maybe there has been defensive lapses but the defense is hardly vanilla.

USA been going on some nice runs too, must notably that 27-1 turnaround with Finland in the 2nd quarter. I don't think Finland had a field goal in the 2nd quarter. You don't do that playing 'vanilla' defense lol

You need to play defense to make those kind of runs

I do worry about Spain's chemistry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom