OFFICIAL FIBA World Cup Spain 2014 Thread

Yep this eligibility Rule is just recent. Like 2011 I think. Other countries were so rampant in acquiring Africans to become their citizen that alarmed FIBA. Now, the Half-Foreign Half-Local guys must be discovered at a very young age so they can acquire a passport for their choice country before 16. Other foreigners with local bloods who were able to suit up in a major FIBA event before this rule was made were exempted. (eg. Alapag, Lassiter, Lutz, Slaughter, etc.) I'm not only speaking for the Philippines though.

Lol, if other countries are going to cheat, why stop at Africans. Should've went for African Americans and hit them with that dual citizenship.

See, Filipinos know how to cheat right :lol:

Now it's too late for everyone =(

Last edited:
Gorgi Deng got a ton of Brad Miller in his game.
A lot of credit to Rick Pitino for developing and improving Dieng's game his last year at Louisville. The mid-range game, passing, etc. to complement the individual defense.

Very underrated passer. I can see that. I really can't remember Miller in regards to rim protection though. I know he was solid in post defense, but he was a good rim protector?
I don't recall that in Sacramento or elsewhere. Rim protection is the one area Dieng has a distinct advantage over Miller.

Dieng going to be the best shooter on Minny next year? :nerd: :pimp:
LaVine the Dream. Have NT and basketball fans given up on Bazz as a NBA player?

outside team usa which players are standing out
andray blatche
giannis
anyone else?

The thing about Harden is that the tempo of his game is different from the others. He'll slow the game down when his teammates wants to run. And if he runs, he usually takes it all the way himself.

Kyrie and Curry can push the ball and look ahead. When Harden pushes the ball he puts his head down.

Watching this tourney has made me admire Curry, Klay, Faried, Kyrie and even Cousins a little bit more.

Cousins is bone headed but I can tell his heart is in the right place.

The one player whose my opinion of has gotten lower since the tourney started? Harden :lol:

Don't worry, Rose. I believe in you. Now is not Rose's time. April and May is :pimp:

I agree. His explosiveness is back, which was the only real concern. You don't just forget how to play bball...he'll come around. If not here during the regular season.

Last edited:
Team USA 98-71. The usual guys played well. Ej. Davis, Faried, Kyrie, Curry stuck out the most to me. Just from the eye test. Don't know anything in the way of stats

Lol Harden was actually the 3rd leading scorer. Didn't even seem like he scored that much.

Here are the stats:
Davis 21,9
Faried 15, 11
Harden, 13
Curry 12, 5 rebounds
Irving 10 points and 4 steals

Last edited:
The thing about Harden is that the tempo of his game is different from the others. He'll slow the game down when his teammates wants to run. And if he runs, he usually takes it all the way himself.

Kyrie and Curry can push the ball and look ahead. When Harden pushes the ball he puts his head down.

there have been times where i've seen him go tunnel vision in fast break, but i've also seen him toss a bunch of lobs this tourney so far. usually him attacking the rim is a good thing.

Love the discussion in this thread. Much more "technical" than the damn NBA thread. Has anyone spoken on how deep the Spanish are at the guard positions? My goodness. Not even fair. Are there any FIBA podcasts out there?

I've been ragging on Pau Gasol since the Bulls got him but he looked REALLY good against Brazil. Straight up roasted Nene and AV. Like he was trying to send a message for next year.

If they had a good SF, they'd give ANY team a run for it's money - even if we had our entire team.

Back
Top Bottom