Official: FIFA '10 Thread... Vol. eek

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Went to two walmarts to cop and they were gone already

Wow, never knew that FIFA was that serious.
What?!

[h1]EA Announces Record-Breaking Launch for EA SPORTS FIFA 10[/h1]
Biggest Sports Game Launch Ever With Over 1.7M Copies Sold At European Retail In First Week

• Press Release
  • Source: Electronic Arts Inc.
  • On 2:00 am EDT, Wednesday October 7, 2009

GENEVA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS - News) today announced the record-breaking launch of EA SPORTS[emoji]8482[/emoji] FIFA 10. With 1.7 million copies sold through at European retail in the first week, the game is the fastest selling sports game ever and EA's biggest European launch in history.

[h2]Related Quotes[/h2]

[table][tr][th="col"]Symbol[/th] [th="col"]Price[/th] [th="col"]Change[/th] [/tr][tr][th="row"]ERTS[/th] [td]19.97[/td] [td]-0.86[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

[/td] [/tr][/table]
{"s" : "erts","k" : "c10,l10,p20,t10","o" : "","j" : ""}

"We were confident that FIFA 10 would be a hit, and this week fans across Europe have shown just how much they love this game," said Peter Moore, President of EA SPORTS. "We are incredibly proud of FIFA 10 and this kick-off for great, authentic football competition."

FIFA 10 has launched to widespread critical acclaim. It is presently the highest rated sports videogame ever* on PLAYSTATION[emoji]174[/emoji]3 and Xbox 360[emoji]174[/emoji] with review scores of 92 and 91, respectively.

The game received perfect review scores from Eurogamer Italy and Total Video Games. Official Xbox Magazine Italy calls FIFA 10 "the best football game ever" while Official UK PlayStation Magazine hails it "the best football game on PS3", and ConsolPlus Germany says it's "the best football game the world has ever seen".

Fans across Europe have been drawn to experience FIFA 10's deep online feature set in record numbers. Since launch, more than 10 million gaming sessions have been played online, with over 155,000 gamers playing online simultaneously during peak playing hours.

FIFA 10 will be in stores throughout North America on October 20, 2009.

Other EA SPORTS titles that have received 80+ scores** from critics this year include EA SPORTS[emoji]8482[/emoji] Active, NHL[emoji]174[/emoji]10, Fight Night Round 4, Madden NFL 10, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR[emoji]174[/emoji] 10 and NCAA[emoji]174[/emoji] Football 10.

For more information about FIFA 10 visit www.FIFA.easports.com

FIFA 10 is developed under the EA SPORTS brand by EA Canada in Burnaby, B.C. Localized into 18 languages and sold in 37 countries, it is the most popular EA SPORTS franchise globally. The game is rated "E" for Everyone by the ESRB and 3+ by PEGI in Europe.

EA SPORTS[emoji]8482[/emoji] is the leading interactive sports software brand in the world, with top-selling titles and franchises including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL[emoji]174[/emoji] hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA[emoji]174[/emoji] Football, and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR[emoji]174[/emoji].

* according to Metacritic.com as of Oct. 5, 2009

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/EA-An...67856310.html?x=0&.v=1&.pf=taxes&mod=pf-taxes

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

What?!

as if soccer isn't the most popular sport in the world or something......

add my psn to that list: mstrtical

Originally Posted by JayADiCt92

What?!

I'm guessing he is talking about in America. Those sales numbers were from Europe. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this the firstyear that FIFA was street dated. Last year I remember going to walmart and gamespot on the day it "shipped" and 09 not being there. I have a feeling10 is selling at a brisk pace though in the US.

I've been slacking on my 360 games... I still need to pick up 2k10 and now Fifa10... Then next month I gotta pickup COD.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by JayADiCt92

What?!

Any non believer I knew was hooked or at least appreciated if they played at least one game. It's easy to get accustomed to playing, but funto master the intricacies of it as well.

i was deciding between nhl 10 and fifa 10....went to walmart and they didnt have fifa so i copped nhl...if fifa is as good as the review i will pick it up soplease shed some light

Originally Posted by aar1002

i was deciding between nhl 10 and fifa 10....went to walmart and they didnt have fifa so i copped nhl...if fifa is as good as the review i will pick it up so please shed some light
i always enjoyed playing both NHL and FIFA
IMO fifa>nhl

keep nhl and cop fifa
pimp.gif

I played with both Barca and Real Madrid today and I think Barcelona has the better team on this game. Both have quality players but Barca's starting XI ispretty stacked. ManU inst near as good as last year but that's my squad I roll with. Man City is definitely a lot better. Arsenal is fast as hell. Theywere burning me up and down the pitch.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Originally Posted by aar1002

i was deciding between nhl 10 and fifa 10....went to walmart and they didnt have fifa so i copped nhl...if fifa is as good as the review i will pick it up so please shed some light
i always enjoyed playing both NHL and FIFA
IMO fifa>nhl

keep nhl and cop fifa
pimp.gif

I have more fun with nhl. It's just faster by nature.

This years fifa is incredible so far. They really fixed up the replays. It just all feels so smooth.

dang everyones on PS3
laugh.gif

anyway my GT is GunnerEighty5...usually i play with Lyon, Arsenal, Tottenham or the US

Yes, let's get a club going, I'll set it up for 360. We need probably 15-20 players, but we can start with whatever, what position are you guys'sCreate-a-Pros so I can make mine a position of need. I think a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 would be the way to go. I would prefer to play one of the center mids, but Imwilling to play anything but Center Back, I just dont think ill be good there

im highly contemplating on whether or not i should get this, i have 09 and i still play it, so this would be the first time ever that i would buy a game twoconsecutive years in a row. plus i have a few free games from the toys r us deal, so i could just trade one of those in. what do you guys think

dont know nothing about soccer do i need to learn to play the game good? im only asking cuz it looks fun
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CasperJr

dont know nothing about soccer do i need to learn to play the game good? im only asking cuz it looks fun
laugh.gif

Play this game and I guarentee you will love the sport. But you dont need experience

Been playin this game alot the last week and its
pimp.gif

Playing 2on2 with your friends is fun as hell.

I NEED HALP PLEASE...

How the hell do you shoot the ball straight and hard.. I can kick the ball hard but it goes way over the net.. and I know theres a meter but if I get to yellowit still shoots slow. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECAITED.

Originally Posted by djaward

I NEED HALP PLEASE...

How the hell do you shoot the ball straight and hard.. I can kick the ball hard but it goes way over the net.. and I know theres a meter but if I get to yellow it still shoots slow. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECAITED.
Man, I have the exact same problem.

Shooting in this game is hard as he.ll. I'm alone in the box, go for a shot and it rolls softly right to the goalie. My shots dont fly top shelf like theydid in 09
frown.gif
. I always press the "Shot modifier" but it seemslike its making my shots weaker. It's also super hard to lob goalies now. In 09 99% of lob attempts would go into the net...yesterday I had 4 lobs justroll out of bounds or hit the bar
smh.gif

I've enjoyed the game so far though. I'm loving the slower gameplay and that strikers cant speed burst passed anyone. I've noticed that defendersusually win in 1 on 1 battles with strikers in the game (wasnt like that in 09). I still need to get used to this game...a lot of things are throwing me offguard like crosses into the box...I cross the ball and it looks like its going out but then it curls back into the middle...I'm always out ofposition
laugh.gif

I'm 3-2 online so far. I love beating people with the US - Charlie Davies has 2 hat tricks already.

Fernando Torres is a problem. I think he's scored on me at least 6 times.

As far as the shooting goes, I just make sure I'm in real close and fire one to the corner. I'm convinced that it is near impossible to score outsidethe 18 box.

Originally Posted by JCH3

I'm 3-2 online so far. I love beating people with the US - Charlie Davies has 2 hat tricks already.

As far as the shooting goes, I just make sure I'm in real close and fire one to the corner. I'm convinced that it is near impossible to score outside the 18 box.
I think Fernando could be the best in the game to be honest, dude is amazing fast.

As for scoring outside the 18.. i nailed one with Drogba and Torres today but shooting is definitely a LOT more difficult this year too.. especially withdefenders deflecting shots left and right. It will definitely take some getting used to but its all good.. i wouldnt want it to be exactly the same as'09's IMO

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Originally Posted by JCH3

As far as the shooting goes, I just make sure I'm in real close and fire one to the corner. I'm convinced that it is near impossible to score outside the 18 box.
I think Fernando could be the best in the game to be honest, dude is amazing fast.

As for scoring outside the 18.. i nailed one with Drogba and Torres today but shooting is definitely a LOT more difficult this year too.. especially with defenders deflecting shots left and right. It will definitely take some getting used to but its all good.. i wouldnt want it to be exactly the same as '09's IMO
I like the fact that scoring is difficult. I would hate playing games 7-6 or something like that. Gives it a real soccer essence to it.

I'm down for a league or that 10 v 10 thing on 360 - GT - IRRESISTIBLEFRC

Back
Top Bottom