Official FIFA Soccer 14 Thread

Whats the deal with Team of the Season cards anyways? Why so expensive? does it really matter if the player is TOTS?

Is it just for collecting and looking cool?

EA just unveiled FIFA 15 this past Monday during E3 along with a trailer too(forgot how to embbed videos :lol:)

Sounds like they improved a lot of gimmicks like they do every year. No word on a new engine sadly or improvements on gameplay. Heres the details I found online.

FIFA 15 will release on 23rd September 2014

All new Emotional Intelligence will enable players to show emotions based on the context of the match.

Players will over-celebrate when going ahead via late goals and will be deflated when a striker misses a sitter.

The new Player Control System brings another level of player personality and responsiveness to the game.

New stutters & strides let you cut, sprint & explode out of turns.

New ball physics, models ball movement based on precise contact.

Tuned player biomechanics cause players to react and move with balance and closer control when in possession of the ball.

Full-body defending, shirt pulling, shoulder barges, and Possession tackles are features of the new Man-to-man Battle system.

Player models have been revamped and are now more athletic, lean and realistic.

Player models now have new hair physics (yes really)

On the pitch, for the first time boots will leave their mark.

The entire stadium is alive. Tackles now tear the turf, kits get dirty, corner flags move & goal frames clatter on impact.

LED ad boards surrounding the pitch are now animated rather than rolling.

Full 10 man team celebrations are now possible.

Crowd chants and animations have been improved, you might even see 'the poznan'.

FIFA 15 features a brand new lighting system which has a more natural palette.

In game replays and match highlights have now been re-worked to get them even closer to the real thing on TV.

The half- and full-time highlights now include music and commentary.

Team Mate Control allows you to direct the receiver of set pieces and throw-ins.

A.I. players will take more initiative and attack defenders one-on-one to try and break the defense down.

More overlapping AI runs will give you more attacking options

Dribblers favor their dominant foot and use the inside and outside of their feet to control the ball.

Players take small stutter steps to accommodate the ball for increased visual fidelity.

New defensive AI will help defenders who are 'the last man' to make better decisions, instead waiting for support, over diving in.

Correct Contact preserves ball momentum between passes allowing for more dynamic ball behaviour.

New animations will allow players to trap the ball with their thigh, or knock the ball on with their head.

Possession Battle AI will allow slide tackling defenders to react faster to lose balls, and follow up with another challenge.

Opposing teams will now adjust their play style to suit the importance of the fixture.

Squads have more situational awareness, which leads to strategies like parking the bus, attempting more long balls when behind, and time wasting in the corners when ahead.

Ultimate Team pre-orders will now include 40 packs over 40 weeks.

Last edited:
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is very good German Striker you could get for slighty under 2k.
Just copped him for 900. 
smokin.gif

And yea hes Dutch but hes a Bundesliga player so he should jive with my team.

I'll probably try to sell off Cardozo now.

You should get Mandzukic.. I went to work with him in my career lol. scored like 42 goals one season

hes german enough :lol:

So I'm hoping you guys can help me...

All of a sudden, the last 2 days, when I try to play my career mode, the xbox or fifa freezes. Sometimes it freezes completely, sometimes I can hit the X and go to home screen.

I tried to look up to see how to fix this and I've done things like delete the cache, change the practice player, get rid of songs, clear memory, deleted the title...and nothing has helped. THis is really bumming me out

All of a sudden, the last 2 days, when I try to play my career mode, the xbox or fifa freezes. Sometimes it freezes completely, sometimes I can hit the X and go to home screen.

I tried to look up to see how to fix this and I've done things like delete the cache, change the practice player, get rid of songs, clear memory, deleted the title...and nothing has helped. THis is really bumming me out
you have no idea Venom
mean.gif
its been happening to me in like every FIFA since like 07 to me. I've had so many manager and career modes freeze on me. each time it would be a specific spot. your gonna have to delete that file, no other way to deal with it. managing Galatasaray one time and it freezes as soon as I go to play my WC match as Brasil. and I just got into Champions league too
frown.gif
. yes this hurt me enough to talk about
laugh.gif

Are you on xbox one?

I know ps4 automatically saves our saves to the online server so even if we delete them we can still access the files, maybe you can still get them back.

Apologies in advance if this has been answered as I took a pretty long hiatus from playing Fifa, but why can't you buy or sell specific players for coins in the World Cup edition of Ultimate team?

Now I've been pretty fortunate in the packs (got the 14.99 one for Fifa points and then a bunch from the coins I earned from simply playing matches) I have a nice squad but there are specific players I want but, so unless I am doing something wrong then hoping and praying I get them in a pack is kinda
grin.gif

Theres no transfer market for the World Cup FUT so your players have no value and you cant buy players either. Kinda sucks if you bought FIFA points though, you just have a nice team to look at with no market value.

Moments like this are why I love this game.

Playing my boy, USA v. Argentina and it's tied 1-1 in the 76'. Dude scores a goal in the 86' and I'm thinking it's over for me bruh.

Dude loses control of the ball trying to do a move and I gain possession, nobody in front of me except the keeper at this point, I ******* score a goal in the 89' with Dempsey to tie it up. Those feels. :pimp:

We go to PK's, and he's up. It's 4-4 and he misses his last one..I end up making my last ONE and I drop my ****** controller and run to my damn balcony and scream out of joy. Dude was pissed :lol:

Last edited:
^moments like those are why your boy hates the game.  :lol:
:lol: word you gotta experience both sides of it. The feels from this game man....makes me want to throw my Xbox onto oncoming traffic sometimes

Hopefully 15 will be revamped...but I doubt it, still gonna buy it anyways :x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom