Official FIFA Soccer 14 Thread

i suck at keeping possession. i don't know much about real life soccer. can anyone help me out on formations and what i should try to do with different formations?

the best way i keep possession is by putting the camera on co-op, you see way more on the screen.

With co-op cam, you can see more players making runs into space.

Don't be afraid to pass backwards if thats where your only free options are.

Don't always hold forward after your passes up field, especially if your opponent is pressuring you, they'll steal the ball almost every time, move in a way that your body is between opponent and the ball.

Don't hold R2/RT to sprint every time you make runs either, you have way more control of the ball when jogging (not pushing the R analog stick all the way)

Know when to use tricks, if your opponent is constantly chasing you, try R1/RB when passing up to your forwards, his defender will sprint towards you, R1 lets the ball roll past you.

But honestly, and I've said this several times before in this thread, the way I learned possession play is playing the CPU on legendary. You be the one-dimentional player who throws everyone up field trying to steal the ball, basically holding X and R1 to have your computer chase.. Watch and learn what the CPU does, which direction they run away from you, who they pass to, etc.

Those goals in the 90th minute are frustrating. Had it happen so many times. Your defenders can play so well and the opponent will still score in the 90th.

Just remembered I had a dream about some ridiculous 90th min goal :rofl:

Bad body position, defender in the way, and just flew in off the crossbar lmao

i suck at keeping possession. i don't know muchremembereal life soccer. can anyone help me out on formations and what i should try to do with different formations?

Like Bamez said, don't be afraid to kick it backwards if it's to the goalie. Watching a lot of this World Cup showed me to do the same. For the camera I would zoom out or use Broadcast Tele or Tele, can't engender which. It's more of a horizontal view then a birds eye view. Sometimes shooting is off for me because of the aiming.

Its not even the goals in the 90th minute that bother me. It's the opponents team start playing like they are on steroids while my players turn dumb.

My favorite players on my world cup FUT right now are Benzema(by far my favorite striker,) Reus, Gotze, sidney sam, and Dembele. Absolutely hate Abate and Clichy :lol: . Dudes were always getting beat. My backline with Coentrao, Pepe, Company, and Fani are lockdown!

Jus beat a dude on WC UT 3-2

His forwards were Neymar LM. Falcao CAM. Suarez ST. Aguero other CAM. Ronaldo RM. And he had Messi in the midfield. Litterally every highest rating player in the game. Dat 60 chem cost his *** doe. Lol beat him with one of my creations. Half colombian quarter argentine quarter brazilian squad.

Cuadrado was flexin on him :pimp:

Cuadrado is a beast!!
I need one more quality defender and a good midfielder to run the show so I can run with my south american squad more. I only have ramires, pauliniho, and Fernandiniho but they often dont do much for me.

I've been using Man U heavily in Seasons recently. I've noticed that Fellaini is so bad :smh: chemistry is off when I use him. And my guy Chicharito :frown: I can't score with him and his pace is awful. Subbed him out for Welbeck yesterday and he scored immediately.

^chicharito has pretty good pace. I don't use ManU, but I was using him in my UT for a while and he had good pace and great headers too, which was pretty questionable when you have guys like van buyten covering him :rolleyes

but its crazy how your striker can have high 80's pace and can't go past defenders who catch up to you right away lol

My favorite players on my world cup FUT right now are Benzema(by far my favorite striker,) Reus, Gotze, sidney sam, and Dembele. Absolutely hate Abate and Clichy :lol: . Dudes were always getting beat. My backline with Coentrao, Pepe, Company, and Fani are lockdown!
Cuadrado is a beast!!
I need one more quality defender and a good midfielder to run the show so I can run with my south american squad more. I only have ramires, pauliniho, and Fernandiniho but they often dont do much for me.

U aint lyin about fernadinho dude is the invisible man constantly. Lemme get Ramires haha he does work for me on reg UT. I feel like in WC UT its easier to get star strikers than middies in the packs. Makes roundin out the perfect squad tough. Ronaldinho is so bad on D had to stop usin him on my SA team. Been rockin with Perez (arg) and Mascherano or fernadinho. On the Euro side theres jus so much more depth i could roll out 3 or 4 QUALITY dif squads. Iniesta. Candreva. Cesc. Modric. Busquets. Etc etc. I jus need some brazilian attackin players and ill be straight. Neymar would be nice lol will settle for Willian. As is still cant get thru the quarterfinals without gettin beat in the 119 min of ET or some other BS. Its amazing my controller still works.

After all the world cup action I've been watching, I want to grab this game for my xbox one. You guys think I should wait for fifa 15 or just get 14 right now?

After all the world cup action I've been watching, I want to grab this game for my xbox one. You guys think I should wait for fifa 15 or just get 14 right now?
Wait for Fifa 15...it's coming out in September. 

I'd say if you can get a good deal just get it now and when 15 drops your skills will be more polished.

Have fun mane it's the summer and satisfy your World Cup/soccer appetite.

Of course if funds are an issue though it would probably be smarter to just wait.

I'd say if you can get a good deal just get it now and when 15 drops your skills will be more polished.

Have fun mane it's the summer and satisfy your World Cup/soccer appetite.

Of course if funds are an issue though it would probably be smarter to just wait.
Thanks. U convinced me. I had a couple of gamestop gift cards laying around so figured wth.

So I didn't know you could change chemistry styles and I could change my basic players into better players ! Is there a way to change them into those green and black highlighted players the one who's stats are way up?

So I didn't know you could change chemistry styles and I could change my basic players into better players ! Is there a way to change them into those green and black highlighted players the one who's stats are way up?
Nope those are special cards for special performances from the players throughout the year. Chemistry is kind of dumb to me IMO. I've lost to teams with basic chem, and low team chemistry plenty of times. Still its quite fun when you're on the winning end and can feel the extra chem kicking in. Makes some players better to play with on certain chems.

Waiting for Brazil Colombia match to start

On 360, GT is FLYEED if anyone wants to play

PS4:GeneralCG21

Man I won every trophy is singer player and i vowed not to start WC mode because of the coin blackhole.

Made a bunch of coin on TOTW Matuidi (bought for 17-30k and sold for 85-90k) and decided to start it.

:smh: :smh: :smh:

About 150k coins later my team is stacked and I want more.

Strikers: Dzeko/Negredo
Wingers:Neymar/Mueller/David Villa
Mids: Rues/Xavi/Modric/David Silva-- Fernandinho, Lampard, Matuidi
Backs: Godin/Thiago/Pique--Marcelo, Zabs
GK: Iker-- Lloris, Hart

88 Chemistry

The free gold pack is a good addition tho, I hit and got a Neuer, Benz and Walcott and flipped into more WC packs.

Addiction is too real.

Last edited:
Took me 2 attempts but I just won the Premier Cup

First round won 3-0, Came back and won my quarter final match with a legit 120th min goal while my bday boy nephew was watching :pimp: :lol:, semis won 5-1, and then had a laggy final which sucked but I outplayed dude to a 1-0.

I used no DMs and went with Modric-Isco-Di Maria in the middle. Figured there's no point in DMs since 90% of players don't even build up their play through the middle.

I think I am officially done with Seasons. The BS is too much at this point. I give props to a player who just straight up beats me. But I can't deal with the anger ensuing little things in this game. I pass the  ball to a teammate, he takes his sweet little time getting to the ball, then it gets stolen. I have a counter going, I command a counter attack, nobody runs with my striker. The ball is in the air, I clearly jump first with my defender, he doesn't win the ball, and somewhow falls to the ground, paralyzed for 10 seconds. Opposing player shot attempt, my whole defense moves out the way, the keeper STILL has a late reaction, giving up a goal that goes to the side he dove to.My keeper makes a save, diving on the ground. Instead of bouncing back up, he lays there for a while, letting my opponent get the easiest goal of his life. My players don't hustle on either side of the ball. I get MANHANDLED every time I touch the ball, but when I finally get a chance to defend, it's either a foul or a yellow card for me. My player's can't even control the ball for 4 seconds, no matter how much I use LT, and get the ball stolen with no effort. Long post, I know, but I can't do it anymore. It took all I could to not snap this disc in half. 

/rant

Back
Top Bottom