Official FIFA Soccer 14 Thread

was gonna cop after so many people said fifa 12 and 13 was dope...

pass like steve nash... i'm copping nba 2k14, brruh...

Not listening to none of you dudes. 
laugh.gif

Gonna pick it up in a couple of weeks and see for myself just need a chance to spend quality some time with GTA first.

after playing the early access, there was no way I was going to spend $60 on this. There's always an adaptation period into any new FIFA but this game is a clear step backwards. Overcompensation is the name of the game when it comes to FIFA 14: The LT button turns any player into The Incredible Hulk, Finesse shots are overpowered (Flamini can hit them from distance,) goalkeepers make the most of out of simple shots*

* Honestly, if you have trouble breaking someone's defense. Just shoot once you have a window regardless of angle. The keeper will cough up the ball and you may just get the rebound/tap in.

If this is your first taste of the game and you have nothing to compare it to: You will have fun with it. That's the only way I can justify the review scores and comments. Can't help but cringe when you read stuff like "it's more polished and improved than last year's effort"

My only hope is that some of the failures are patched and that the Xbox One version will be a better game. I'm a football fanatic so it's hard to imagine going a year without a game. I'm guessing Black Friday so I can play pro clubs and not feel like **** about the purchase.

Last edited:
Damn, I was planning on copping on next gen but looks like majority of you guys think its not as good as previous years.

I put together my yearly cheap Eredivisie team on UT through the web app.  Going in this weekend.

most games change slightly from year to year. this feels like a brand new video game. not a fan of the change so far. like posted above, just get remotely open and shoot and you'll probably score.

From the few games I've gotten in today, I'm a little disappointed. I understand what they were going for, but it's not quite right. If they can tweak some stuff in an update and find a middle ground between 13 and where it is now, I think it'll be great.

am i tripping or did they ruin pro clubs? :x
I dont mean to front, but do yall play drop ins or clubs? I am an 86 CAM already. I do feel yall about the passing and the turns/first touch but yall gotta adapt.

I play clubs mostly with decent friends, but drop ins are hit or miss like usual. I suggest playing as a CAM and getting your control/dribbling and passing better. The rest will follow, one achievement at a time and the game will become bearable at least.

Bearable were clubs in FIFA 12 & 13.

Pro Clubs is @&!¥ this year, period.

I play both drop in and clubs, our club uMAD has been running with each other for several years now and I think we can all agree this year's FIFA for Clubs is unplayable. I'm not adapting to this **** game play.

EA better get it together for next gen.

I do agree Pro Clubs have taken huge step backs from 12 but I cant seem to sit out a year to hope for the better on 15. You can clearly tell EA doesnt care about Pro Clubs at all this year. Everything is the same and the new engine doesnt fit with Pro Clubs at all.

Anyone also been victims of the poor impact engine too? I been literally blitzed and tackled like an NFL QB but would never get any fouls called. :smh:

after playing the early access, there was no way I was going to spend $60 on this. There's always an adaptation period into any new FIFA but this game is a clear step backwards. Overcompensation is the name of the game when it comes to FIFA 14: The LT button turns any player into The Incredible Hulk, Finesse shots are overpowered (Flamini can hit them from distance,) goalkeepers make the most of out of simple shots*

* Honestly, if you have trouble breaking someone's defense. Just shoot once you have a window regardless of angle. The keeper will cough up the ball and you may just get the rebound/tap in.

If this is your first taste of the game and you have nothing to compare it to: You will have fun with it. That's the only way I can justify the review scores and comments. Can't help but cringe when you read stuff like "it's more polished and improved than last year's effort"

My only hope is that some of the failures are patched and that the Xbox One version will be a better game. I'm a football fanatic so it's hard to imagine going a year without a game. I'm guessing Black Friday so I can play pro clubs and not feel like **** about the purchase.
Will games like Fifa '14 be that much different on One or PS4?

I hope next gen Fifa this year doesn't end up like the transition Madden had. I remember when it first came to 360 it was utter trash compared to its previous gen counterpart.

I hope next gen Fifa this year doesn't end up like the transition Madden had. I remember when it first came to 360 it was utter trash compared to its previous gen counterpart.

that **** was so bad it caused me to completely give up on every football game since :lol:

I don't really have a problem with the game. I like the slowed down pace of the game. Though, speaking of pace, it is still important. It's especially important now with headers being OP. All you need is a pacey wingers and a big number 9, and you have headers for days. Way too OP. Pretty much all people do is run down the wings and swing the ball in. I hate Benteke right now, because of this. >:

They def need to fix the headers and finesse shots. Way too OP.

Pace seems non existent in this game to me, especially with the ball. I've seen xavi and arbeloa catch Walcott like it's nothing.

Will games like Fifa '14 be that much different on One or PS4?

It's a new engine. Most of the demonstration demos at video game/tech expos were of the Xbox One version. This leads me to believe that more effort was placed into that version. I could be wrong and it could just be a prettier version of this.

If anyone has played both, feel free to share your impressions.

My pack luck has been insane.  Casillas, IF Lovren, David Luiz, Cazorla, Dani Alves. Better players than my last 3 years or so of UT combined.

Best I got in about 20 gold premiums was Joe Hart.

Jovetic has been unreal for me. As good as any striker I've played with since Ibra in FUT 12

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom