::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

:lol:

:x

Congrats to all fans of teams who advanced. Whether they backed in or went through with 9 points, they did their respective jobs. Sometimes teams don't play to their potential in the group stage then go on and win the whole thing. Sometimes teams play out of their minds early and then fall back to earth in the knockout stage. The only thing that matters is advancing. Hopefully the US and Mexico both play to their full potential and pull off a couple upsets.

Congrats to all fans of teams who advanced. Whether they backed in or went through with 9 points, they did their respective jobs. Sometimes teams don't play to their potential in the group stage then go on and win the whole thing. Sometimes teams play out of their minds early and then fall back to earth in the knockout stage. The only thing that matters is advancing. Hopefully the US and Mexico both play to their full potential and pull off a couple upsets.

TBH, based on the qualifiers, I didn't expect much out of Mexico. I've been amazed at what Herrera has done with the team in such little time.

I think that's crazy to say, Yes. Someone has to score the goals for Brasil, Fred isn't a very good player, so Neymar has been given a free role in the middle to do and go wherever he wants basically. But he's allowed to do so because Brasil is so solid in the midfield and defensively. He wouldn't be able to do that on many other teams. Br

Also the ones bringing up Messi and Argentina, come on now. The other forwards aren't stepping up because they're not getting the ball man, Messi is there commanding that space. Aguero can score if he was given a shot lol. They need to sit Aguero and Higuian as much as they can and play with Lavezzi and Di Maria. This team is tailored for Messi to thrive and score, those other FWs being in the game with him are useless if Messi is given all of the control. Aguero and Higuian will make them vulnerable. Interested to see what the manager does going forward tho. He's got the options.
Yeah someones gonna score but not as efficient as the way Neymar is. I'd expected Hulk and Oscar to be huge this WC but they are playing really passive.

Back to the USMNT though you guys should differentiate hate and criticism. Anything negative said about the team and its hate or you dont back the team. Get that elitist crap out of here. If you don't realize the US is playing ugly I guess we aint watching the same games.

We advanced because of points and Germany beating down on Portugal. We were only dominant on 1 out of 3 games. The point is we advanced :pimp: but we are entering the Round of 16. We cant rely on other teams results to advance anymore.

Luckily we face a Belgium team thats not playing good lately. I think they are beatable but they have more stars than we do and Eden Hazard who is a game changer. If we continue to play the way we have been we're gonna be in for a long Tuesday afternoon.

One dude making beheading cracks and the other regurgitating old 4 chan gags. Surely we can do better.

Bring on the Belgians. Win ugly.

Last edited:
The USMNT team was not even supposed to get out of the group. But we do and got the feels good feeling, and here come the haters, ohh we are playing like crap, ohh this or that. No matter how we play no ones give them props. Then is disappointing to hear these people talk sh*t about the team that represent us all? I DONT MIND IF YOU CHOOSE TO ROOT FOR YOUR PARENTS BIRTH COUNTRY OR WHATEVER, BUT HAVE A SENSE OF PRIDE. THAT IS WHAT WORLD SOCCER IS ABOUT.

Listen is the US playing well? We played against Ghana and won. We played Portugal and were 10 seconds away from the win. Last game we lost. The most important thing was getting out of the group. We don't play the best or the prettiest futbol in the world, but results are results. I rather win a WC with ugly futbol then lose in the first round playing the fanciest or technical game. Now are we going to beat Belgium? I can't say, but what I know is that this team will go balls out and give it 100% to win. As a follower that is all I can ask for.

Antonella 
grin.gif

Stop. Chilean defense is slow and small.

Do they have vidal and alot of attacking options sure. But jus because theyll likely score doesnt mean theyll out score the Brazilians. They didnt even get one against the dutch :x

Ppl need to quit gassin Chile. The Columbians are the best SA team that dont have Messi or Neymar

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom