OFFICIAL Fight Night Round 4 Thread: New Controller scheme for you cheaters!... for free

Legacy mode is garbage. The training just takes all the fun out of it because it limits you so much. The Maize bag, open sparring, and stay on your feet arecake but all the rest are so unpredictable. I just end up having to Maize bag all the time because it's the only one I can consistently do well on.Training just ruins the whole thing.

Aside from that...game is amazing. XBL is dope though.

Cheesers FTL........Dudes head butting you just to get damage FTL......dudes who only throw body punches and haymakers FTL

I wish they would've separated light heavy and heavyweight classes online though. I can't even use RJJ because somebody will get Lennox Lewis, Foreman,or Tyson everytime I do.

Damn, getting the PSN trophies for beating Tyson and Ali on G.O.A.T. difficulty was pretty damn difficult. Tyson was a lot harder, Ali is the type of fighter Ican beat though.

As for what ya'll guys are saying about Legacy, I don't even play the training games, mad tedious and difficult, no fun at all. I just simulate it. TheESPN play by play simulation is cool.

looks like all you bum's who can't handle the analog controls are getting bailed out.

"Following calls from fans critical of Fight Night Round 4's current control options, EA is bringing a free alternative - and some other new contentbefore that.

EA Sports announced two upcoming free releases of downloadable content for Fight Night Round 4 today. The first, slated for early August, will add a new gym,"new gameplay sliders" and new equipment plus an alternate version of Sugar Ray Leonard exclusive to the Xbox 360 version.

An early September release may be even more well-received as it will offer face-button control for all of Fight Night's punched. That update, for PS3 andXbox 360 will be free."

i like the analog controls now. 31-0 29 ko's
pimp.gif

I think I'm getting pretty nice with the sticks. Just smashed on some dude with Sweet Pea online.
An early September release may be even more well-received as it will offer face-button control for all of Fight Night's punched. That update, for PS3 and Xbox 360 will be free."

I don't care if ppl hate it. What are fighting games w/o buttons
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jae oh en

An early September release may be even more well-received as it will offer face-button control for all of Fight Night's punched. That update, for PS3 and Xbox 360 will be free."
good ,will cop when that happen

the analog controls are unpredictable

officiall news of what jae put...

Fight Night Round 4 DLC Adds New Control Options
Two downloadable updates for EA's boxing game have been announced, both of which will be totally free.
By Dustin Quillen, 07/07/2009 at 13:32

Having trouble wrapping your head around the twin-stick controls in Fight Night Round 4? You're not alone. It's a good thing, then, that EA plans torelease a free title update for the game by this September, enabling a more traditional face button control scheme.
Also on the way later this summer is Fight Night's first chunk of DLC, which is set to add brand new player equipment options, a new training gym, andexpanded gameplay sliders. Xbox 360 users will also get an exclusive version of Sugar Ray Leonard with this initial DLC offering, courtesy of a Pizza Hutsponsorship. Best of all, neither Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 owners will have to pay a dime for this free download pack.
This kind of continued support months after a game's launch isn't terribly common outside of Burnout Paradise and subscription-based MMOs, so good onthem. Would a steady stream of DLC keep you playing Fight Night long term?

i bought it last night..its great but does anyone know a website where i can find out combinations for the fighters?

I mean I was Tyson and lost to Roy Jones Jr. for godsakes. And Taylor beat me as Pavlik twice...not happening

"sigh" new update for fight night online. It makes it so u can't see your opponents health bar or stamina bar and just makes the game more brokenconsidering you don't that feeling that hes about to get knocked out and he has that tiny bit of life now its just pure random u rock them and don'tknow when they are going down.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

"sigh" new update for fight night online. It makes it so u can't see your opponents health bar or stamina bar and just makes the game more broken considering you don't that feeling that hes about to get knocked out and he has that tiny bit of life now its just pure random u rock them and don't know when they are going down.
i was
mad.gif
when i first saw that, but it actually does help theonline play. you dont have as many guys using cheap shots to get W's. it's still corny as hell that they use them to get out of getting knocked down,but it is what it is.

Question for those who play in Legacy Mode, how much time to you leave between fights?

I messed up and scheduled a fight right after the recovery period was up.

Also, is there a way to parry like in Round 3?

What did the new sliders change in the DLC update?

Also, does anyone know how to delete individual boxers you d/l from the boxer share database?

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Question for those who play in Legacy Mode, how much time to you leave between fights?

I messed up and scheduled a fight right after the recovery period was up.

Also, is there a way to parry like in Round 3?

I try to get at least 2 training sessions in. Sometimes 3. So roughly 3-6 months layoff for my guy.

Parry like in round 3 is gone. Instead you dodge punches and time the blocks. Blocking punches at the right time is the new parry.

man i'm having a hard time mastering those training sessions. My fighter isn't developing well.
I tried in the training games practice, but I suck. I keep getting rocked or my fights end in a draw

Back
Top Bottom