***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

Can anyone identify the pair of Filas that had offset laces like the Nike Shake n Destrukt ?

They released circa 96/97 I think :nerd:

:nerd:

Anyone ?

Laces kinda like this:

nike-air-shake-ndestrukt-1996.jpg

Last edited:
gotta get these grant hills! i had the olympic pair back in 96, gotta admit i miss em

So you giys respect fila? They made fake foams and pradas!

1. fila been official, you just might have came late to the party
2. almost every other brand has a knock off of a competitors shoe. see reebok/bape fake AF1, louis vuittons fake new balance 574 and almost every sneaker brand has a chuck taylor allstar knockoff.
3. them fake foams were confirmed as being unlicensed (not made by fila/bootleg/fake) by fila themselves.

Last edited:
1. fila been official, you just might have came late to the party
2. almost every other brand has a knock off of a competitors shoe. see reebok/bape fake AF1, louis vuittons fake new balance 574 and almost every sneaker brand has a chuck taylor allstar knockoff.
3. them fake foams were confirmed as being unlicensed (not made by fila/bootleg/fake) by fila themselves.

Nike doesnt need to make knock offs. Why should any brand? Just cause your competing doesnt mean you can take ideas from another brand. That fake prada was not acceptable. Now that all these brands are trying to be like nike with the retroing, and Fila decided to join the party. Fila was popping in the 90s. But need to chill.

i dont believe that fila tweet bout how they didn't know about those knock off fila foams

SMH, I'm tight because I know these are gonna sellout and I'm not trying to spend more than $50

I bought a size 12 in 2010 for $29 at Finish Line. Got them in the mail and the 12 fit me like a size 10 :smh:

Last edited:
SMH, I'm tight because I know these are gonna sellout and I'm not trying to spend more than $50

I bought a size 12 in 2010 for $29 at Finish Line. Got them in the mail and the 12 fit me like a size 10 :smh:

these will not sell out. they never do.

and the guy that said finishline wont have them i think you are wrong. they always have these and they always sit.

i am guessing wherever filas are sold these will be there.

and stoneface to the guy hating on fila. since the 80's they been making classic shoes.

now all i need is for troop, ellesse, and british knights to come back out. maybe some la gear hiking boots :tongue:

Last edited:
Nike doesnt need to make knock offs. Why should any brand? Just cause your competing doesnt mean you can take ideas from another brand. That fake prada was not acceptable. Now that all these brands are trying to be like nike with the retroing, and Fila decided to join the party. Fila was popping in the 90s. But need to chill.

you wack for hating and not knowing a damn thing. fila been retroing **** since the 90s before it was cool to do so.

showing your age bro. thats not whats up.

and the guy that said finishline wont have them i think you are wrong. they always have these and they always sit.

and stoneface to the guy hating on fila. since the 80's they been making classic shoes.

now all i need is for troop, ellesse, and british knights to come back out. maybe some la gear hiking boots :tongue:

I can't see the first color way selling out but I wouldn't be surprised if they did because of the 90s shoes that sellout. I hope the first color isn't like the first color of Kamikazes

I can't see the first color way selling out but I wouldn't be surprised if they did because of the 90s shoes that sellout. I hope the first color isn't like the first color of Kamikazes
Not sure, but it just looks like you're trying to hype these up. You're tight on funds yet retail is only $90? Also, this is FILA. From a marketing standpoint, these being limited is not even an option as the company's following is nowhere near that of Nike/Reebok/etc. They don't have a vast array of silhouettes to fallback on or retro so I'd expect these to be out in max #s in order to milk the retro out as much as possible. Might even find these on sale as this will not be a shoe worth paying over retail for...

Why would I want to hype these up? That doesn't even make sense. I'm far from tight on funds. I thought I read that the first color might be limited. All I'm saying is, it's tough going from buying these for $30 to $90 when it was only a few years ago.

Fila basketball is nonexistent but kids nowadays want shoes from the 90s.
Reebok basketball is almost nonexistent and released the first color way of the Kamkaze's and those sold out.

Why would I want to hype these up? That doesn't even make sense. I'm far from tight on funds. I thought I read that the first color might be limited. All I'm saying is, it's tough going from buying these for $30 to $90 when it was only a few years ago.

Fila basketball is nonexistent but kids nowadays want shoes from the 90s.
Reebok basketball is almost nonexistent and released the first color way of the Kamkaze's and those sold out.
That price-point alone should let you know that these won't be horribly in-demand yet your previous posts dictate otherwise. You should stop "thinking" and start using Google as Limited & FILA won't be in the same category. Just like Reebok & their Questions, these will be in abundance. Questions were all over the place over the years yet they didn't have exact retros. (Thus, why the pearlized red toes were in high-demand when they released.) FILA is not in a position to limit OG colorways...

FILA basketball is nonexistent, but most "collectors" nowadays want shoes they can resell (Sad, but true)...

Reebok basketball is officially nonexistent as that is being covered by adidas now. Reebok will only be dealing with the basketball market via retros and have much more to rejuvenate than that of FILA...

Is this not making sense to you?

Last edited:
^ I feel like you're trying to have an argument and I have no idea over what. The Kamikaze's were $100 and the first color sold out. Fila's are $90. I don't think they're gonna sellout but I thought I read that the first color might be limited. I don't want to spend $90 on a shoe that I'm not in love with. It's that simple.

For you to say Fila is not in a position to limit OG colorways but Reebok is? Why would these be mass produced if they sat for over a year last time?

Unfortunately not. According to Fila, Finish Line and Eastbay WILL NOT be stocking these. I think it's going to be Fila and some mom/pop shops. Some future releases will be more widely available. Hoping I'm wrong, but was told all of that directly from Fila.

Don't know if this is true or not but it's why I said if they're limited

^ I feel like you're trying to have an argument and I have no idea over what. The Kamikaze's were $100 and the first color sold out. Fila's are $90. I don't think they're gonna sellout but I thought I read that the first color might be limited. I don't want to spend $90 on a shoe that I'm not in love with. It's that simple.

For you to say Fila is not in a position to limit OG colorways but Reebok is? Why would these be mass produced if they sat for over a year last time?
No argument. Just making note of your inconsistencies & presumptions. The Kamikazes sold-out in that colorway because it was a popular model. The other colorways are also arguably just as popular as well. However, as stated, Reebok is able to market in this manner as it helps the overall brand. If you don't want to spend $90 on a shoe, then don't. "It's that simple"...

FILA, as a brand, is not in the realm of Reebok/Nike/etc. Limiting a colorway for the brand will not necessarily yield the same results as it's "competitive" counterparts. This is basic logic. You don't have to be a marketing major to understand supply & demand/profit margins...

Last edited:
I'm not taking a chance and pulling the trigger on release day. We may be able to use a coupon on FNL anyhow. And the reasoning behind that is because the shoes are nostalgic to me.

Last edited:
Don't know if this is true or not but it's why I said if they're limited

naw these should be everywhere. even generic places like zappos. also how is eastbay not stocking these but footlocker and champs are ? see right there that dont even make sense. they get their shoes from the same inventory..

this time around ima get the lows in the og colorway instead cuz i already have the mids.

what i like about the retro this time around is that they are releasing more og colors and better new colorways..

Everybody who wants a pair of the Ninety6 aka The GH's will get a pair. No need to worry guys. :smokin But who else is excited tho?

Word b I'm mad excited for these they were the **** back when I was in 3rd grade I don't care wat nobody says true sneakerhead know the value of these kicks regardless. Of the previous release

Im excited, i missed out back in 96 and the first retro so i will get them this time around

How'd you miss out? The retros were selling for dirt cheap some years back. I even believe seeing pairs go for $29.99. I had a pair from 08 but thrashed them for hooping. :D

Back
Top Bottom