***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

12 noon, aint nobody got time for that. Hopefully it keeps the hypebeasts away since they'll be at school.

pardon me just got out of work, that thought didn't cross my mind since the 13 year old me is anxious about this release.
I had that same thought about school, but then my son called me from his cell and reality set in. I'm just mad that I work 3rd shift and have to get up at noon to try and order them. For some reason I kept thinking they were coming out Saturday

Nothing new. First places that do an early release/pre-order usually sell-out or do really well as it's both a mix of those that truly want the pair and those that believe they can flip them. As a buyer/seller, I wouldn't necessarily stock up on these as an "investment". I like them and may pick-up a pair if they'll sit at my local spot as no one has shown interest, but my favorite Grant Hill's were the 3s...
Well the same thing pretty much happened with the Kamikaze II. Most didn't expect them to move, Packer sold out, others followed, and now not only are OG colorways pretty much sold out but retro+ colors too. Now they're reselling for $160-$220 pending colorway. No sneaker is safe these days. Don't sleep if you really want these.

^ that's the only thing that scares me. The whole Kamikaze craze but these are ugly. I can't see these selling out. I'll just wait and see what happens.

Nothing new. First places that do an early release/pre-order usually sell-out or do really well as it's both a mix of those that truly want the pair and those that believe they can flip them. As a buyer/seller, I wouldn't necessarily stock up on these as an "investment". I like them and may pick-up a pair if they'll sit at my local spot as no one has shown interest, but my favorite Grant Hill's were the 3s...
Well the same thing pretty much happened with the Kamikaze II. Most didn't expect them to move, Packer sold out, others followed, and now not only are OG colorways pretty much sold out but retro+ colors too. Now they're reselling for $160-$220 pending colorway. No sneaker is safe these days. Don't sleep if you really want these.
I see your point, but these are 2 very different models in regards to both form & popularity that you're comparing. I was in grade school when both models originally released. However, I remember the Kamikazes being "cutting" edge and loud to fit Kemp's style of play while the Grant Hill's were simply a clean and competitively priced sneaker. Most expected the Black/White/Green colorway to move well as it was the first to launch in over decade. As for the other colorways, FNL still has an array of sizes up for grabs months after release. Not sure where they are selling for $160-$220 as the last BLK/WHT/GRN colorway sold for just over $157 + Shipping while other colorways are selling below retail as most everyone that wanted them used the coupon codes on FNL. (If you didn't get the shoe in your size or color, then you truly slept on that release.) I've seen very few hit over $200 that, more or less, usually ended-up being re-listed. Regardless, it's not hard to argue that the FILA 96 model is/was not as popular as the Kamikaze II...

I see your point, but these are 2 very different models in regards to both form & popularity that you're comparing. I was in grade school when both models originally released. However, I remember the Kamikazes being "cutting" edge and loud to fit Kemp's style of play while the Grant Hill's were simply a clean and competitively priced sneaker. Most expected the Black/White/Green colorway to move well as it was the first to launch in over decade. As for the other colorways, FNL still has an array of sizes up for grabs months after release. Not sure where they are selling for $160-$220 as the last BLK/WHT/GRN colorway sold for just over $157 + Shipping while other colorways are selling below retail as most everyone that wanted them used the coupon codes on FNL. (If you didn't get the shoe in your size or color, then you truly slept on that release.) I've seen very few hit over $200 that, more or less, usually ended-up being re-listed. Regardless, it's not hard to argue that the FILA 96 model is/was not as popular as the Kamikaze II...

Definitely see your point. And yeah, not many have sold over $200. Pairs that did were the OG Sonics colorway.

these will still sell out, well atleast once word gets out....hypebeast will jump on this ina hearbeat, not even caring wtf the shoe is, and jus purchase to purchase......the release isn't till 2am my time here so kinda debating...

They are up on fila.com however u cant add to cart and check out, free shipping over $100 so i already added a pair of socks now to just hit the refresh at 1200 and pray lol

I thought I was the only one who couldn't add. I tried calling customer service but they are obviously closed. I'll keep trying as well.

They are up on fila.com however u cant add to cart and check out, free shipping over $100 so i already added a pair of socks now to just hit the refresh at 1200 and pray lol
i wonder what's cheaper, $90$ + $8 shipping or $100 + free shipping. I'm sure they do tax

I called customer service who said they will have a limited run at 1200, but he checked my area and my local finishline will have them on the 4/1 release date, so if i strike out online i know where i'll b lol, hope this isnt an april fools joke

Definitely see your point. And yeah, not many have sold over $200. Pairs that did were the OG Sonics colorway.
Regardless, I might stand corrected as these have picked-up some steam over the past few days. But as I said before, I still think they'll sell mildly well as these shoes cater to a particular audience to whom, I believe, like the shoe, but won't jump over mountains for nor pay over retail for. (i.e. This WHOLE thread is only 18 pages long from it's inception.) They might be gone from a few online sites, but it's currently 8:15 AM here and no one at my spot is camping from what I'm told. I'll check it out after a few meetings I have today, but I don't think more than half will be gone...

Back
Top Bottom